Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: need help with cravings

Default Re: having vegan troubles

Glad to hear you're feeling better, yum, and that you enjoyed the meet up

100% sure – I'm going vegan! yum's Avatar

This is very true Haniska. When your starving from not eating much you start craving things you never would usually. Like tuna!!!! OMG! I'm still feeling ill- my stomach problems my doctor thinks are linked to stress. So the last day or so i have been again really hungry. Trying to ignore any cravings for non-vegan foodsas i didn't myself no help by eating that pizza. So what foods are acidic then?

tomatoes and oranges... what else?
    i'm sticking to water- no squash as it has citric acid in it and of course no fizzy drinks or alcohol.

thanks for the hugs

i'm sorry to hear yu're still ill yum - are you doing uni finals at the moment?

i find a really goo way to help stress (i'm currently under a lot of pressure for my post-grad research proposal. it's not going well) is to go and do some exercise. just a short run, or going to a dance class or something. you think you don't have time to do stuff like that when you have so much work, but i promise half an hour of exercise will make you feel so much more focused and less panicked about stuff.

also, if you have a partner, *ahem* 'special exercise' is a great stress reliever too

i think avoiding caffeine is a good idea too? try drinking camomile tea. also, peppermint tea is supposed to be calming on teh digestive system. i know there are people who are more well versed in this than i - try reposting your questions in the health section and i'm sure someone will be able to recommend some herbal remedies.

amanda

This has a list of acidic foods http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2485.html but suggests that acidic foods don't necessarily make the contents of your tum more acidic - ain't life complicated?

Starchy foods can be quite soothing but as flying plum says exercise (even just a walk) may be the most helpful thing. Hope you feel better soon.

cobweb

for 'stress-tummy' i have found that drinking lukewarm pre-boiled plain water is really good, definitely avoiding caffeine, also onions, garlic, tomatoes, citrus, cucumber and chocolate - and mint anything makes me worse.

Camomile tea is also great for stress and indigestion.

Only trouble with camomile is it makes me fall asleep immediately! So I stick to fennel or mint tea, although mint isn't good for heartburn if one has that.

100% sure – I'm going vegan! yum's Avatar

Default Re: need help with cravings

Quote flying plum View Post
    are you doing uni finals at the moment?

also, if you have a partner, *ahem* 'special exercise' is a great stress reliever too

i think avoiding caffeine is a good idea too? try drinking camomile tea. also, peppermint tea is supposed to be calming on teh digestive system.
    I've never liked tea- herbal or otherwise. Maybe now is the time perhaps to try them again!

[quote=harpy;449067]This has a list of acidic foods http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2485.html but suggests that acidic foods don't necessarily make the contents of your tum more acidic - ain't life complicated?

quote]

Thanks Harpy. I'm a little confused as to what i should eat. My tummy is the size of a house and i'm usually quite slim.

Quote cobweb View Post
    for 'stress-tummy' i have found that drinking lukewarm pre-boiled plain water is really good, definitely avoiding caffeine, also onions, garlic, tomatoes, citrus, cucumber and chocolate - and mint anything makes me worse.

Camomile tea is also great for stress and indigestion.
    i had a salad for lunch ( pre-packed one) and it had onions in it... tasted yummy but made my tum feel a bit 'dicky'.

thanks for everyone's advice. I went to the doctors and he said that once my uni work is done and handed in he reckons i'll be feeling better- so on that note i'm going to rite some more of my dissertation!

x

Default Re: need help with cravings

I get a bit of an acid tummy now and then. The major contributing factors are stress, eating badly and irregular eating. The more junk food I eat and the more I snack between meals, the worse it gets. Also, cutting back on soft drinks a lot helps because they are very acidic to begin with.

I tell you what helps a lot. Hugs <3