Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: need partners for healthy weight loss

Default need partners for healthy weight loss

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and looking for people who would like to joint me in a group effort at HEALTHY weight loss, meaning no starvation and no people with current and or untreated eating disorders. I have quite a bit to lose and would love to have some company, becoming vegan was part of a general plan to help stop animal cruelty AND be good to my body, I didn't change just to lose weight, losing weight is just part of the being good to my body. So far I've been trying to keep around 1200 calories of good healthy food but if I'm more active or I just feel like I need it I will go up to 1400, so far I've lost about 15lbs and am just beginning to add exercise as well. Whether you have 5-10 or 100lbs to lose I'd love to share your efforts. Doesn't matter what your methods so long as they are safe and healthy
    Thanks
    Kelli

Default Re: need partners for HEALTHY weight loss

Count me in, I need to lose 42 lbs, my willpower seems to have gone into orbit never to be seen again
    Silent but deadly :p

awesome, don't feel bad I need to lose about 75 or so, due to YEARS of crappy diet with a thyroid imbalance, those 2 REALLY don't mix. Now it seems I have them both under control patience is my biggest problem (I want it off NOW!) Since you and I are the charter members of this little group should we make Saturday our day of accountability to announce our weight loss/gain for the week? I had been doing my weight and measurements on Tuesdays for some odd reason but dont mind the change.

Last edited by !!; Jan 8th, 2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: sorry cant

cobweb

Last edited by cobweb; Apr 2nd, 2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: can't do this........still too many food issues here

awesome so what day should we use as our weigh in day? Tuesday is my norm but I don't mind changing

I don't mind which day but I'm too scared to get on the scales to see what my weight is as I've just been on holiday. I just know it's going to put me in a really bad mood How about if we weigh ourselves tomorrow and start from there?

Sure I don't mind checking in tomorrow!

sounds great and if we want to post our actual weight we can or we can just post what we've lost or gained ? I could go either we, the idea of posting my weight is appalling to me BUT what better way to become accountable? what do you guys think?

cobweb

Default Re: need partners for healthy weight loss

sorry, i physically cannot post my weight right now, way too embarrassed, though in theory it's a good idea.

i will weigh myself tomorrow (and will be honest even though it will be april fools day!) and post here exactly how much i aim to lose. then i will weigh and post with you lot every Wednesday, re how much i have/haven't lost!.

Quote missredbyu View Post
    sounds great and if we want to post our actual weight we can or we can just post what we've lost or gained ? I could go either we, the idea of posting my weight is appalling to me BUT what better way to become accountable? what do you guys think?
    Ok I'll do it - but I'll have to hang my head in shame.

TRUST ME you WONT BE THE ONLY ONE, the only thing that makes it better is you guys can't see my fat @$$ in all its glory in person LOL, you may even want to have a moment of silence after I post it : ( But in all seriousness I am doing much better with my eating habits and have lost 25 lbs without going on any crazy radical diet so I'm gonna use that to ease my shame. No matter what let us all hold are heads up, I'm not a particularly religious person but I know the serenity prayer and in times like these it gives me peace, if anyone doesn't know it, it goes a little like this
    grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    the courage to change the things I cannot accept
    and the wisdom to know the difference.

for those of you not christian you could call it the serenity chant lol its still helpful in hard times

Go on then, I'll give it a go, if only to represent the chaps.

I could do with starting in a week or so's time though. I'm off to France for the weekend, so It will either give me an unfair advantage 'cos their won't be anything to eat or cause me to put on weight via all the hi carb rubbish I'll be forced to consume. From a food perspective I'm dreading it.

See, I'm making excuses already!
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Smile Re: need partners for healthy weight loss

love the ticker I'm going to see if I can get one for myself, and jiffy you can start whenever you like Enjoy your vacation, I know very little about french food, but I understand your perspective I live in the american south where the 4 food groups are meat, grease, gravy, and "taters" lol so eating out can be a challenge

there it is shameful as hell and maybe its not necessary to post it but I believe owning up to your mistakes is one of the most important keys to fixing them so there it is, but I certainly won't knock anyone for not posting their actual weight, and although I am soooo ashamed of that weight I am also proud that I'm making a change now, between growing up with parents that thought a pastry and a coke was breakfast and a thyroid imbalance after my second child was born it could be a hell of a lot worse,

Yay! Way to go Missredbyu, I'll be posting my weight in the morning - I slept through the alarm clock this morning and it was bedlam!!! I refuse to weigh myself in the evening, it must be early morning before food or drink, naked and without earrings as we all know they weigh at least 5lbs
    Can you believe it, I did so well today when the receptionist came in with VEGAN CAKE and said she had made it especially for me as she knows I can't partake of their usual cake and then gave me a big slice - what could I say
    I had to eat it!!! Luckily I'm not working there again this week

same here, naked no socks no jewelry no nothing and right after the potty but before the shower as I wont even weigh if my HAIR is wet lol, what a thoughtful receptionist, i would have eaten it to : ) For some odd reason I'm off the sweets at the moment but I'm on a HUGE hummus kick, I discovered cilantro and jalepeno, at whole foods the other day I could seriously eat it on a spoon straight out of the container. And I know this is going to sound disgusting to most of you but I found a lower cal replacement. I boiled 2 large tomatoes, a whole lot of garlic and 7 jalepenos just until the skins split on the tomatoes and then put it in the blender with a whole lot of cilantro and raw onion and made it into a puree and eat it cold like a gazpacho and sometimes put it over food like my refried beans and brown rice, Like I said some of you may think this gross but what can I say I have weird tast buds and it helps keep me out of the hummus.

I think it sounds quite nice, I've been eating brown rice everyday - you can boil it for 4 hours nd it's still crunchy Never eating a whole packet of oat cakes again, the repurcussions lasted for days and days

hemlock I LOVE your signature!! and although its not as healthy I've found instant brown rice to be more chewy than crunchy and thus more palatable, also I'm starting a conscious effort to experiment with different types of grains because I've always stuck to the common ones, I found quinoa to be pretty good although it was the first time cooking it am looking for new ones if you guys have any suggestions I'd love to hear them

BTW hemlock, when I lose the weight I fully plan to dress up like the jolly roger for my boyfriend LOL

I'll gladly post my progress here but it'll have to be in sizes only, Due to reasons of the past I can't allow myself to weigh at the moment. I need to lose 31 pounds, I gained 10 pounds back after going back to healthy eating because of my metobolism being screwed up, I'd really like to lose about 4 sizes in bottoms and 1 size in tops. I've been posting in the "what did you eat today" thread and i'll post what i've been doing exercise wise along with my progress.

Good luck to you by the way!
    Until we stop harming all other living beings, We are still savages.

Good luck you guys I lost about 40 pounds altogether, and am now on a weight maintenace program of my own

I struggle from time to time, but that's because of an old ED that keeps coming back to haunt me.

Be healthy and enjoy!

BTW hemlock, when I lose the weight I fully plan to dress up like the jolly roger for my boyfriend LOL
    Thanks, hahaha, he'll love that - that's what i hope to look like after the weight loss but unlikely as I'll be too old to look like that soon

I was wondering if i could post my weight in something obscure like mongolian cnurds or austrian ducks but Corum says JUST GET ON WITH IT soooooo : 175lbs as I put on 7 pounds in Cornwall eating pasties the size of my head....sigh.

Heres to a gorgeous summer folks wearing carefree summer clothes instead of tents

P.S I have been 200 lbs +++ in previous years.

Quote Roxy View Post
    Good luck you guys I lost about 40 pounds altogether, and am now on a weight maintenace program of my own

I struggle from time to time, but that's because of an old ED that keeps coming back to haunt me.

Be healthy and enjoy!
    Thanks Roxy I'm really focused on doing this the healthy way... becoming vegan has helped me a lot, and knowing that someone else has done it makes it all seem possible

cobweb

sorry i can't do this but good luck to you all

pastries yum LOL I remember one particular nasty bout with PMS I was dipping pieces of dark chocolate into a jar of peanut butter. lol One really neat thing I've noticed is that since I switched eating a healthy vegan diet I don't have the cravings that I used to and I don't feel hungry all the time, my appetite has greatly evened out. i say eating a "healthy" vegan diet because before when I was vegan I ate veggie burgers and oreos with almost every meal LOL

If it fits in with the rules of engagement I'm going to start next week. TBH I reckon I need to lose about three stone, but I will own up to my current tonnage next week.

I reckon it's probably around the 15 stone mark.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Hi guys, I also find my problem is that i want teh weight off now and get really impatient, I find the best way is never to thin k about who you are today, but think instead about who you want to be tomorrow, next week next month, and keep focussing on what you are doing to get there. If I don't do this I can find myself thinking 'what's the point' and giving up. stick with it guys.
    P.s. i think i need to lose about 30lbs, but will never weigh myself, id rather be strong than light, and that's a sure fire way to depression when going by weight

so far as I see them jiffy the rules of engagement state to start when you want, use whatever healthy method you like and come here to chart your progress and support one another, welcome! btw just curious but how do stones convert to pounds or kilograms?

There's 14lbs in a stone

thanks !!

Good luck to everyone here. I admire your resolve. I'm afraid I'm to lazy to join you! I have conveniently set myself fitness goals that would probably work out to 8kg in one year - 100-odd grams a week! I could set myself a more rigorous regime, but I'm *weak excuse*!

damn today was rough pms is kicking me right in the butt, (sorry to the menfolk) I've done pretty good as far as what I've eaten but I have been so hungry the last few days, I never seem to crave anything but am just hungry for hearty real food all the time, I have to say though this month is the second cycle since I went back to eating vegan and I have to say even though I have definitely had an increase in appetite the last 2 days it still hasn't been nearly as bad as it usually is and i really believe its from the increase in soy. Gotta say the mood swings have been better to, havent had to hide any co workers bodies this month and thats unusual lol

So, We joined a gym today! I'm pretty proud of myself, I didn't really do enough to feel much but i'm going to up my workout next time. My Mother has to work tommorow so we had to leave a little earlier than I planed which is why I didn't get enough done.

Ran 1 1/2 miles on a treadmill at 5 MPH on a slight incline, 50 reps at 100lbs on a leg machine, 20 reps each on 3 different arm machines at 60 pounds, 20 reps each at 85lbs on two thigh machines, 10 minutes on a stair climber, 10 minutes with 20 pound free weights, 30 sit-up things on a balence ball.

That's great Animosity! Congratulations

thats awesome, I'm so disgusted with myself, I've been eating well the last few days but have not put forth the least effort to exercise. I will be trying to change that in the next day or so

Don't feel bad missredbyu. One step at a time

thats awesome, I'm so disgusted with myself, I've been eating well the last few days but have not put forth the least effort to exercise. I will be trying to change that in the next day or so

Don't feel bad. I decresed my exercise a bit since I got a headache afterwords last time. I also ate a muffin and carob mousse today, Neither of which are diet friendly.

Today's exercise; I ran the same amount and speed, I decresed my leg exercises to 25 reps instead of 50, Kept the thigh exercises the same, But I decresed the arm exercises to 15 reps each, Didn't do the sit-ups, I did do the free-weights, Incresed them by 2lbs. I added some ab exercises, 30 reps on a crunch-type machine that works the abs and back at 130lbs, And 25 reps on an ab machine at 40lbs. I'll do 60lbs next time. I'm going to increse the incline on my run a bit when I go back, I'll also buy some weight gloves so as not to hurt my hands so much then i'll up my weight exercises.

Wow! That sounds like a lot of hard work Animosity. Are you enjoying the gym? I never used to enjoy going to a gym unfortunately.

It's a bit of work but totally worth it. I am enjoying it. The running gets a little hard and the last 5 minutes are torture but I always feel proud when I finish. It's all about the furture. It's difficult but in a few months when i'm where I want to be I can look back and be happy knowing that it's all because of what I did now.

What a great attitude! Good for you

I did two hours of sparring today

*collapses and dies*

wow you guys are doing great with the exercise, my bf live out of town and was down for the weekend so I got LOTS of exercise (we went dancing geesh what were YOU GUYS thinking? lol) I'm going to start tomorrow with some yoga and walk the dogs and have my mp3 player loaded with some good dance music so maybe I'll try that to. BTW I was sooo proud of my bf he is a hard core meat and potatoes guy (but very open minded and supportive) I cooked him a vegan version of shepards pie and he LOVED it! Plus now he knows I can cook LOL

Tomomrow is a gym day, "god" is it going to suck... I somehow maneged to drop a plate onto my knee... Who does that!? Anyway, I have a huge bruise now and it already hurts. Ah well. No pain no gain. Right?

Hehe missredbyu, I've got to admit my mind was in the gutter

My b/f used to be a hard core meat and potatoes man too, but now he's almost vegetarian (though he refuses to admit it).

Mind that knee Animosity. Take it easy and I hope it heals soon.

Thanks Roxy. It's fine. I'm forever geting bruses. I have 4 on my legs right now that I have no idea where I got them from.

Ouch! Sleepwalking perhaps?