Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: need partners for healthy weight loss

Default Re: need partners for healthy weight loss

Nah. I just don't pay attention and I end up walking in to things...

...Or tripping over them, Dropping them, I'm fairly accident prone...
    Until we stop harming all other living beings, We are still savages.

hey guys, well tomorrow is weigh in day, I have been working on losing weight for about 7 weeks now and every Tuesday morning butt naked after going potty lol I weigh myself AND check my measurements, and I'm SOO glad I did both because even on the weeks that I did not lose any weight I DID lose inches so you guys might want to do the same because I feel like I would have gotten very discouraged when I went 2 weeks without losing a lb had I not known that I was losing inches. I've been a lazy slug today but I have a workout planned for later today. Animosity I very much admire your dedication to your workout and hope to work up to that level myself. LOL I guess I've been recovering from the weekend today but I HAVE to get off my butt today, my boyfriend made the comment that he didn't see how yoga could be beneficial, so I told him to be prepared as I plan to show him the full benefits of yoga in 2 weeks when he's back. To be fair though he has been wonderfully supportive actually told me "I like you just fine the way you are but if YOU want to lose weight I'll support you anyway I can as long as you're doing it safely and you don't think you have to do it for me" what a guy, I think I'll keep him for a while.

update my daughter and I went for an approximately 2 mile walk with the dogs and I wanted to throttle her, poor thing she got bit by a horsefly while carrying the pug and freaked out and THREW him (unintentionally) he was running for it meanwhile she screamed so loud she scared the german shepard who snatched his head out of the collar and ran into the street so while I'm trying desparately to keep both dogs from getting hit by a car she stands there screaming! She's almost 12 btw. oh well at least I got a walk lol

I'm fairly proud of myself. Today I maneged to follow my diet perfectly plus I got plenty of exercise and I feel SO much better. I don't know if i've lost any weight, I can't tell with clothes until i've lost at least 5lbs so maybe I lost a pound, Maybe not. But I soo hope so! I was on the verge of a revert today, I also wanted to kill some semi-anorexic girls for making fun of a "fat" girl. I showed them, Though. Even my overweight butt can do 3x more than they could. I'm in a half/half state of mind right now. I'm soo tempted to be unhealthy and do this fast, But I know it never works so i'm trying my hardest. I'm happy that for the first time i'm giving the healthy way a hard try, It's just really tough on the mind feeling so unattractive, Though. -sigh- Oh well. I'll keep pushing onward!

Anyway. How is everyone else doing?

Today's exercise; I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, I lowered the speed down to 4 but I upped the incline from 2.5 to 4.0 for the first 10 minutes then decided to push myself and set it to 12.0(the highest setting) for the last 10 minutes. My knee was a little sore from the stupid bruise so I lowered my leg exercises to 15 reps at 85lbs, Thighs; I did 30 reps at 70lbs on my outer thighs and 20 reps at 55lbs on my inner thighs. I did 15 crunchs at 60lbs. I did 25 reps on the ab/back machine at 130lbs, I did 10 reps each on the three arm machines each at 60lbs. 5 minutes of free-weights, I came home and did 10 minutes on my elliptical bike, I'm going to do 15 minutes of yoga later.

animosity wow you've been working sooo hard you've got a lot to be proud of but you certainly need to cut yourself a break, obviously none of us are completely happy with the way we look or we wouldn't be here but trust me we are all beautiful we're just working on making ourselves moreso At 34 years old I learned to accept myself and feel sexy for the first time in my whole life and the weird thing about it is that even though I sure don't look any better than I did when I was younger I get more looks and asked out more than ever even with the saddlebags and saggy butt, my family are good people but all my life I've heard "she'd be so pretty if she'd just lose weight" but I honestly believe that CONFIDENCE is what makes someone attractive. Think about it what is sexier the woman with the perfect body in the bikini constantly tugging at it and worrying about every little detail or the one with a few extra lumps that struts out like she owns the beach? Seriously you are doing great but don't go for the quick fix, keep up what you're doing and you'll get where you want to be but what ever your weight love yourself, if you know you're beautiful everyone else will to.

Quote missredbyu View Post
    update my daughter and I went for an approximately 2 mile walk with the dogs and I wanted to throttle her, poor thing she got bit by a horsefly while carrying the pug and freaked out and THREW him (unintentionally) he was running for it meanwhile she screamed so loud she scared the german shepard who snatched his head out of the collar and ran into the street so while I'm trying desparately to keep both dogs from getting hit by a car she stands there screaming! She's almost 12 btw. oh well at least I got a walk lol

OMG! I hope everyone is ok now!

yep thanks for asking, lol and nobody seems to be overly traumatized (nobody but me anyway)

and the horsefly

WOOHOO 199 TODAY!!!!! GOODBYE TWO HUNDREDS!!!!!

That's great!

Anyway, Today; I worked in the garden a bit, The plants really suffered this year with the drought and then the freeze, I lost about 20+ of them... I'm working super hard to save the others so the plus is i've been outside working a good bit lately. Tommorow is gym day; I'm not sure if i'd be better off going fast without an incline, moderate with a moderate incline or a fast jog with a high incline, What do you guys think would be most effective? I'm starting to feel the "results" i've been feeling a bit "hungry" lately, That usually means i'm about to lose a little. I just need to stick too it! Another plus; My legs are in the best shape they've been since my ED induced exercise obsession, This time it's healthy though! I feel great not being quite so flabby. Even just the small result is enough to make me smile.

Good luck keeping it up everyone!

thats awesome, I'm looking forward to losing the flab off my legs as well but I REALLY want to firm up my butt! I didn't do an actual workout today but I did HOURS of some hard core major housecleaning (in other words the kids rooms) and also made it a point to stop and dance my ass off everytime a good song came on the radio, I'm learning how to "drop it like its hot" unfortunately I usually can't pick it back up after I've dropped it but hey its a start. I'm no expert by any means but I would think you'd be better off going slower at a higher incline. take care and keep up the good work

Congratulations!

thank you, I'm trying to see if I got my signature to "stick" lol
    "Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin world go 'round"-Queen

OK, I've changed my mind - I shall join you all in getting fit! My aim is to tone up a little, not necessarily losing all that much weight. Was going to go for a run tonight, but was thwarted by daylight savings! Will do a circuit of floor exercises, though.

Really well done you guys, I only lost one lousy pound this week I've been working really hard too. I couldn't help thinking as I was walking in town today that I am a really bad example of a slim healthy vegan - I am going to have to try harder.
    I'm on a bit of a downer today because I'm really tired
    Silent but deadly :p

Okay, I'm going to post my ticker

I'm hoping that publicly posting it will make me more accountable and help with my motivation. I've been reading this thread since it started and I think it's a great idea so would like to join in!
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

cobweb

well i'm really getting positive about eating now so i think i might well be sticking my ticker back up - permanently this time.

hemlock you weigh less than me, stop stressing woman!

Quote Hemlock View Post
    Really well done you guys, I only lost one lousy pound this week I've been working really hard too. I couldn't help thinking as I was walking in town today that I am a really bad example of a slim healthy vegan - I am going to have to try harder.
    I'm on a bit of a downer today because I'm really tired
    It's not one lousy pond- it all counts towards your goal! Congratulate yourself on a good week! Just go look at a pound of veg fat (like trek) and that's how much your body has burnt off in seven days- amazing!

Just remember our bodies are designed to keep all the fat it can for times of starvation, and to loose any weight is a great achievement!

This pic is a little gross (just a replica) so I won't put it up as an image, but a link instead. It shows the difference in size of 5lbs of fat and 5lb of muscle: http://www.leanandstrong.org/PHP-Nuk...s%20muscle.jpg

hemlock I went over 2 weeks without losing ANYTHING but I took measurements and was still getting smaller and losing inches, do you measure yourself? and like !! said it ALL counts toward your goal. and welcome cobweb and poison ivy!

OK, I actually went for a run tonight. First time since 2005. Mostly walking unfortunately - I'm really rusty!

Got about half an hour of ... movement(?)... in.

You're all doing so well

Okay, this is mine:

I'm losing weight because (a) I just feel better when I'm a certain weight and (b) it is so much better for my back not to be carrying any weight.

I've been eating pretty well for the last 2 weeks (proper healthy meals, no snacking) and making sure I've been doing some form of exercise each day (which is not always easy as sometimes the pain I'm in is pretty extreme) - it seems to be paying off though - I've lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks (before I made the ticker - I'm starting from scratch again from today) and I do feel like I have more energy and my back pain is a little better.

Today I'll be going for a brisk 1 hour walk with the dog, half an hour on the exercise bike and 20 minutes light weights (if my back/neck can handle it) to help strengthen my upper back/neck.

As I suspected I'm only one pound under 15 stone, which is pretty appalling. My initial goal is to get below 13, but ultimately I'd like to be below 12.

On a more positive note I got a lovely new bike this week in all its carbon fibre splendour, so I can't wait to get out on it and get some decent miles in. You don't want to know how much it was though, let's just say it resulted in a near divorce experience!

I'm still a bit concerned that I'm surrounded by women only on this thread though, surely I'm not the only chubby chap am I?
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

jiffy, welcome and congrats on the new bike, you may be the only chap but once you start riding that bike you won't be chubby for long! and at the rate we're going neither will the rest of us! My daughter (11 y/o) and I have started a new thing to, we've been nixing the television in favor of the radio in the evenings. I realized they were watching WAAAAAAAAY too much tv when I was looking at energy drinks in the store one morning and my 5 y/o son says "Mommy did you know that energy drinks are full of sugar and caffeine and can cause your blood sugar to drop making you feel more fatigued than before? You need a 5 hour energy shot!" Jeeze if he picks up commercials that easily imagine what else he could be picking up. Anyway our new thing is when a fast song comes on no matter what we're doing we stop and SHAKE IT! Also I've been working really hard with her on teaching her better eating habits and she's lost 5 lbs!!! Don't worry I'm not restricting her calories or anything just upping the veggies knocking out sugar and junk. She actually asked for cucumber in her lunch today!! and my son REQUESTED celery with peanut butter!! Damn I think theyre trying to shock me to death. Anyway enough ranting on.

i'm joining you. i've put some kg on this year because of stress and lack of sports. wish me luck with following my Beach 2008 programm .

welcome anouk and best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll be a total success

cobweb

ok, here's me, i'll start from today and do the weigh-in next wednesday.

Today was pretty good. I was a bit sick feeling so I couldn't do as much as usual. I did still try though...

Todays exercise; I decided to up the amount of time I spend doing high-incline(12.0) jogging at 4mph, I went from 10 minutes to 15. I then did another 4 minutes at 4 mph on a 4.0 incline and the last minute was to test my ability to do fast bursts of speed, I did 0.0 incline at 10mph for the last minute. It was a pretty amazing high I felt while I was doing it. Who knew running could feel so great. I didn't feel well still after my run and I had pushed myself to the limits I could handle while sick, So I decided to skip weights, It was croweded anyway so it was okay in the long run. I'm better now and i'm going to do some yoga with my balence ball as soon as I can get the thing inflated! That's a workout in itself.

No results yet. My legs feel more toned, And they feel like they've gotton a little thinner but that's it. Hopefully i'll see some real results soon. I'm sticking well to my diet. It's being so slow! It would make it so much easier if I could just lose enough to see the results, It's a little discouraging not noticing any improvements. :|

Congradulations everyone! You guys are doing very well.

*cheers from the sidelines*

You guys are awesome!

hemlock I went over 2 weeks without losing ANYTHING but I took measurements and was still getting smaller and losing inches, do you measure yourself? and like !! said it ALL counts toward your goal. and welcome cobweb and poison ivy!
    Thanks for the encouragement I can just about bear to weigh myself but measuring - no way, I'd get too depressed I'll keep plodding on, I'll have a go at the weight loss ticker when I get back from work!

I'm trying an experiment, I have learned to love every little fat cell in my body because I've always heard if you love something.......let it go LOL No seriously though I would always lose the same 15 or 20 lbs then give up when it stalled. (please remind me of this post when I'm pissed off because I'm not losing) anyway what I'm trying to say is DONT GIVE UP! If you keep it up you WILL lose it, and food journals have also been very helpful to me because many times I've been eating more than I realized.

Quote !! View Post
    I agree! I use startyourdiet.com (the paid features, although you can get a free account) as it's a lot more comprehensive than fitday- although that's good too

I use the old fasioned method of weighing, Measuring, Counting and documenting everything I eat. I have a fairly low average calorie intake right now, Just enough to keep my body working properly. I guess it'll just be one of those slow diets that take several months before you notice anything. I suppose that's okay. As long as it goes away one day.

Here's my ticker, I originally started off at 14 stone and lost that a while ago, I'm starting again now at 175 lbs. I have to do it this time, I'm fed up with being overweight. It's great to know I am not alone

On Thursday, I went for a jog for the first time since 2005. I didn't stretch properly afterward, hence I'm still sore! It was really hard going. I'm only 22, it really shouldn't be that taxing!

Forgot to post my goals the other day:

Height:: 169cms (well, that ain't gonna change!)
    Current weight: 135 pounds (63kg)
    Goal weight: 55-60 kg
    - not fussed, as long as I'm more toned, and less taba than before!

Funny but lbs seems sooo much easier than stone, 2 and a half stone seems like an insurmountable obstacle but 35 teeny lbs seems much easier

cobweb

yes, hemlock, that's why i now weigh myself in kilos!

hey guys I'm getting nervous, I'm switching back to night shifts working 12 hour shifts 3 or 4 nights a weeks, 7pm til 7am and I'm afraid because last time it was really hard to cook nutricious meals and I relied heavily on convenience foods so I'm trying to do it differently this time, Last night I steamed a bag of brussels sprouts and took some grapes and a banana and a vegan frozen dinner. My plan is to cook larger meals on my days off to have fresh food for work also I want to explore vegan crockpot meals. I'm not sure how to stagger my meals either usually I'll get up around 3pm have a quick snack then a meal around 5 or 6 then snack off and on during the night on fruit or veggies and maybe have one more meal during the night, my big prob is I'm starving when I get off workand hate to eat a meal at that time. This morning I had a bowl of cereal with soy milk before I went to bed is that so bad? Thanks for your input and I know this is off topic but if anyone has any easy healthy vegan crockpot recipes I'd sure love to have them

Quote cobweb View Post
    i now weigh myself in kilos!
    kilos is awesome!
    i weigh half of my weight (when in pounds)
    which makes me very happy
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

I would think it is better to eat more during your waking hours so you aren't starving like that just before you go to bed missredbyu (but someone else might have a more informed point of view re it being shifts, your body clock and metabolism etc).

I love the ease of making giant batches of soup. You can freeze some out of each batch and defrost a portion for a change of flavour.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

thanks for the input, I'm thinking grazing might be better than sticking with 3 solid meals a day. Maybe do 2 with some mini meals in between like fruit and veggies, I just don't want to stop losing weight or worse yet gain any back and at least this time around my "convenience" food are frozen veggies. it could be so much worse. I don't think (hope not anyway) that I have it in me to go back to a drive through lifestyle. Now whenever I pass by mcdonalds it just makes me sad that so many people are doing that to themselves. In a worse case scenario (usually a road trip or just plain time sensitive emergency) I will hit up a wendy's and get the baked potato and a salad.or a tofu/vegetable dish from a chinese restaurant (one of few that I trust) But I'm trying to avoid all fast food, its getting easier now that my eyes are opened. On a busy medical unit hospital staff are NOTORIOUS for eating take out, and last night I looked around and noticed that 3 out of 4 of the people I was working with are morbidly obese and have chronic health conditions, seeing that makes it a hell of a lot easier to pass up the take out

It might not hold enough food for what you need on a 12 hour shift, but I've been finding that my laptop lunchbox has been an awesome help when it comes to eating healthy, balanced meals during work time.

I get 3 breaks in an 8 hour shift. On my first break, I have coffee and a snack from my laptop lunchbox, and then at lunchtime I eat the rest of what's in my box and then on my last 15 minute break (about an hour and a half before quitting time) I don't eat anything. When I get home, I'm usually still a bit full from lunch, and don't eat for another hour and a half or so.

Anyway, it might or might not work for you - but I just thought I'd mention it.

I love those things Roxy... I wish I had somewhere to actually use something like that! I'm a little jealous looking at everyones lovely bentos on here all the time. :|

Yes, they're great! Ever since I've started using mine, I've not only been saving HEAPS of money, I've also been eating a lot healthier too.

what is a laptop lunchbox?

what is a laptop lunchbox?

Roxy put a link up in a previous post. Check the thread 'Vegan Bento - Japanese style packed lunches' It's basically like a series of little containers kept together in a lunch-box type set-up. They're really neat looking.

sounds awesome I'm gonna check that one out

those are awesome I'm going to get one for all of us, my kids would love them

I've been feeling pretty bad lately. No matter how hard i'm working, I'm just not losing. Not even a bit. I feel the 'hunger' pain of losing but i'm not losing anything. It's so slow. I would have thought I would have noticed something by now. But it's not happening. I'm only eating around 1,200 so i'm not over eating. I'm exercising plenty. I'm just staying flabby. And I hate it. I've been tempted to just revert back to stuped actions, And dispite my best efforts I can't shake the idea out of my head. I'm really afraid i'm going to do something dumb again... I just hate this feeling of not making any progress. Everyone else is doing so well and nothing is happening for me...

I'm going to look for a yoga class. It's just too stressful to do it here. I'm going to look for a summer dance class, May is better than waiting 'til Augest. I just wish I could see something happen, Just something to keep my spirits up. The way things are going now, I just don't know how much longer i'm going to keep my head above the water... I'm going to try going back on a mostly raw diet. That seemed to help. Hopefully i'll have the 'will power' to keep it up this time.

I hope everyone else is still doing well.