Thread: Hemp Based Diet

Question Hemp Based Diet

I read recently a book that touched very briefly on a man who had found considerable benefit to his health, weight loss and general well being by going on a hemp based diet. It didn't mention any more than the diet consisting mainly of hemp seeds and oil and also avocados and a few other fruits and veggies.

This really appealed to me, and from the research I've done online the benefits seem to be very real.

The only thing I can't seem to find is a good diet plan on how to do this, or if other hemp products like tea, pasta, sauce etc are of any value.

Being vegan already it should be a simple enough transition, but would like some guidance from anybody who has any to give - especailly a good diet plan and details of other foods to include.

Thanks in advance.

Ed.

myspace.com/wild_boar_uk

animaladvocate

Default Re: Hemp Based Diet

I got into the habit of sprinkling raw shelled hemp seeds sprinkled on almost EVERYTHING when I began following the Gillian Mc Keith eating plan both for their nutritional value and because she promotes the idea of having something raw with every meal to aid digestion.

I love em sprinkled over boiled cabbage and gravy

P.S. I've sent thee a PM

Hi Pagan Vegan!
    there's a book called H.E.M.P. (healthy eating made possible) by Paul Benhaim, with lots of information and recipes.
    My favourite way of consuming hemp is in the form of hemp milk bhang.
    You can make hemp milk by putting 1 cup of washed seeds and 3 cups of water in a blender, blend to a fine slurry then strain through a fine cloth. Also, Yaoh sell an electric hemp milk maker, which cuts out the need for straining.
    If you use cold water, it probably preserves nutrients better, but the milk will sour quickly. I heat my milk with spices to hand hot and keep it at that temperature for a couple of minutes. That way it keeps for up to a week in the fridge. Also you can make big batches and freeze it.
    once in a while you can get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Great information, thank you - and I had ordered that book from Amazon yesterday so feel quite vindicated about that now!

The Yaoh gadget is something I've been thinking about for a while but I think I'll just get it now, must be popular plenty of places have sold out of it!

Hopefully that book and the milk maker will enable me to plan an entire diet based around hemp.
    myspace.com/wild_boar_uk

You should get your local wholefood shop to order in hemp seeds in larger bags for you as well...the little 250g bags work out expensive. Suma do 1 kilo bags for about £5 - £6 which is a lot better value.

Hemp milk bhang is great for ill people too...I was making it for friends on chemotherapy and after surgery for Crohn's disease. It gives excellent nutrition in an easy to digest form.