Thread: Bone Mass

Default Bone Mass

My weighing scales has a section that measures fat, muscle mass as well as bone mass....i know what the other two should be but does anyone know what my bone mass should be or of a link that explains the numbers? (i've searched google). I did have an instruction booklet with the scales when it was new which told me, but i can't find it now! (been a few yrs since i've dieted).

thanks.

Default Re: Bone Mass

I wish I could help you!
    What may work for you is to contact the manufacturer and request a new instruction manual. Sometimes, the companies even have one published as a PDF online, so that makes it much easier. Good luck!
    context is everything

Are you coming to the Bristol Vegan Fayre? They have the people from the longitudinal Vegan Bone Health Study there - they can test your bone density very accurately and send you the results by post for free. It's part of the major study going on about vegan diets/calcium/bone health. They might be able to tell you what to look for with you home test thing too?

Quote Ruby Rose View Post
    Are you coming to the Bristol Vegan Fayre? They have the people from the longitudinal Vegan Bone Health Study there - they can test your bone density very accurately and send you the results by post for free. It's part of the major study going on about vegan diets/calcium/bone health. They might be able to tell you what to look for with you home test thing too?

When is the Vegan Fayre? I don't think I have anyone to go with anyway...I'm the only vegan I know, and I'm not one to go places alone - I'm shy lol.
    I'll see if I can persuade boyfriend to come with me - I'd love to get that tested professionally.
    Thanks

treaclemine

http://bristol.veganfayre.co.uk/

May 30th and 31st 2009

I hope you can make it - it's fun, there will be a lot of people there from this forum, and there may not be a BVF 2010 unless this one is really well supported :S

To echo treaclemine, come along - it's a blast! Even if you come alone, there's so much to do and see, and the stallholders are all really chatty and interesting - and there's a forum meet up being planned, but if you don't want to do that, you'll just recognise people from their profile pics and avatars and say hello!