Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's get fit and healthy together

Default Re: Let's get fit and healthy together

It's really hard on holidays, I went to the UK & Germany for a month a few years ago and deffo put on weight. But it's a holiday, just enjoy yourself!

On Monday I cycled for 60 mins and yest'day I tried another aerobics dvd for 45 mins.
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

cobweb

I do, too, Dia, so annoying!
    I keep reading stories about people who got really overweight because they were eating '12 packs of crisps/chips' every day on top of their meals, or 10 bars of chocolate or whatever. I don't claim to eat 100% healthy stuff but i really don't think i badly overeat and yet i'm so large again! .

I have really torn my thigh muscles, particularly in my right leg, doing that Laser Combat yesterday.......i am walking with the aid of my husband's spare walking stick today, and getting up from the sofa is pure agony. Looks like my exercise routine has taken another nosedive for a while..........

^ Ow! Feel better soon!
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

I hope you heal quickly, Cobweb

cobweb

thanks girls, its slightly more tolerable today.

We're going to the gym tonight.

My b/f decided last night that he's fat [he's not] and unfit and wants to join the gym (hallelujiah). It will be nice to have someone to workout with - but the question is...will he stick at it this time.

We joined the same gym 3 yrs ago and as soon as the dark nights started he decided he didn't want to go anymore as it's about a (10 mile round trip). (Even thought we both lost a good few stones each). So I left too and bought gym equipment for the house instead.
    But it's never as good as going to the gym for motivation etc. At home i'll get bored after about half hour and go watch TV but when you're in the gym you feel like you should stay longer.

Anyway hopefully he'll stay long enuf for me to get a good stone or two off then i'll be happy.

We took "before" photos of each other last night to compare them with updated ones in a month or so.

Hope they let us in.... our cards are 3 yrs old - hope we don't have to have another induction coz they only do those on sunday mornings and we're all in the mood for going tonight.

I hope you were allowed in Daffodil!

On Thurs I did aerobics for 45 mins in the morning and on Friday, Saturday and today I did aerobics for 60 mins and then cycled for 30 mins.

I tried the MoS Burn It Lose It dvd yest'day and really enjoyed it and the MoS Aeroburn one today and it was a lot of fun and really fast, which was great.

good luck at the gym daff - and you sound very fit kitteh!

on another site i have pledged to move my body every day, doing something. yesterday i used my mini dumbells for 5 mins and today i walked to the shop with husband for a newspaper, about a mile there and back.

sounds nothing at all but a big step for me to set some target, however small. tomorrow we are going to walk to the supermarket and back (2 miles round trip) or i will do some yoga.

cobweb

sounds good, Cedar, i think its best to do something 'small' each day rather than overwhelm ourselves.
    Have you stopped going to the gym?.
    Now i have this stupid hip problem i have to exercise VERY cautiously, too, and i think i'll be doing much the same sort of things as you describe .

Hey, i LOVE your gorgeous Bluebell and matching type!. Reminds me of when me and hubby were first dating, i told him how much i love Bluebells. He went for a walk with the dogs and came back with some he had picked for me - and i gave him a great big bollocking about leaving wild flowers alone .

awww cobweb thats such a cute story!
    i have lots weight on my holiday thanks to swimming diving every day and eating sooo much fresh fruit and veg, now I'm back I don't wanna put it back on, so will be off to the gym as soon as it opens, and swimming lots as I have a lovely tan to show off!!!

Quote Kitteh View Post
    I hope you were allowed in Daffodil!

Nope, cause 6 months or more has lapsed since we went last we had to have another induction (which we had saturday morning) and lucky we did cause they've done it all out with new machines which we wouldn't have known how to use.

So we're gonna go every Mon, Wed & Fri after work from now on (starting this weds - with today being a bank hol they're closed :-(

can't wait to start!

Windfall

I was running for one hour this morning, nice and sunny out, felt great!

Both me and my mum have done quite a bit of Kundalini/Bikram yoga in the past, so when Im at my folks house we'd usually do some yoga in the evening for an hr or so =)

Quote cedarblue View Post
    good luck at the gym daff - and you sound very fit kitteh!

on another site i have pledged to move my body every day, doing something. yesterday i used my mini dumbells for 5 mins and today i walked to the shop with husband for a newspaper, about a mile there and back.

sounds nothing at all but a big step for me to set some target, however small. tomorrow we are going to walk to the supermarket and back (2 miles round trip) or i will do some yoga.
    Good on your for taking the pledge, movement of any sort is good, even if it's just a few minutes a day!

Quote Daffodil View Post
    Nope, cause 6 months or more has lapsed since we went last we had to have another induction (which we had saturday morning) and lucky we did cause they've done it all out with new machines which we wouldn't have known how to use.

So we're gonna go every Mon, Wed & Fri after work from now on (starting this weds - with today being a bank hol they're closed :-(

can't wait to start!
    That's a shame but it's good that you got shown how to use all the machines, some of them are so confusing!!

On Monday I did aerobics for 45 mins & cycled for 45 mins. Yest'day I did aerobics for 60 mins.

I've been eating too much chocolate over easter and put on 2 kilo's. Did 2 gym classes last night - Body Combat and then Funk 'n Groove and did Body Step this morning. Plan to hit the gym hard and burn off that lard!!

I ran maybe 4 miles on Monday and did an hour of spin and a half hour of pilates on Tuesday. I had a long day at school today though and am too tired
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

i ordered Yoga and Pilates dvds from Netflix, I need to start getting healthier, i'm getting a little pudier than i'd like to...
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

Hey everyone!!

I'm back to VF after a little break from all my forums.

In the meantime, I'm now in my 140's! So, this time last year I was roughly 190lbs and now I'm about 144-147lbs. I don't use my scale often which has been incredibly amazing at helping me lose weight. Whoodathunk?

The only thing is that I'm more active now. I work full time and often lots of overtime. I work in a restaurant so I'm on my feet 7-10 hours a day, running around like a headless chicken half the time trying to get everything done. On my time off, I go for walks or shake my booty in my bedroom. I'm also going to start biking when it gets warmer here.

My diet is basically a typical vegan diet. Not totally junk foody. Not all 100% healthy whole grain macro raw special superpowerful ultra level five living off the earth being one with gaia while eating clean craziness. Just a good balance between consuming lots of veggies, grains, and beans, with a few cookies or syrup-soaked waffles thrown in there for good measure. Sometimes I feel like I'm going a little too overboard with the treats, so I'll stop myself, count calories for a couple of days, and then re-center. Usually that helps me realize that although sweets are okay, having them too much is adding too many calories to my day. Add in the fact that I eat my junk food on my lazy days, it's not getting burnt off and turning into chub. When I do have some sweets or a particular junk food item, I make sure it's my favourite. Why waste the calories and fat on unhealthy food I don't like?
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Nice to see you back Tigerlily! Congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome!

Thank you! My work pants are falling off me now, before, in October, they were too tight. I'm so happy. As lame as it sounds, I feel much better about myself when I'm thinner than when I'm fatter.

Congrats, Tigerlily, that is fantastic! And there is nothing lame about feeling good after losing weight!

I didn't do anything yest'day but this morning I did aerobics for 60 mins.

cobweb

Tigerlily, lovely to see you and to hear your weight loss news, FANTASTIC! x

Thanks everyone!

no, i don't go to the gym at the moment cobby - can't really afford it.

thanks for the encouragement, cobby and kitteh.

it's good to get encouragement even if the movement is just a little each day - i'm hoping if i make it regular, it will start to make a difference.

Wow Tigerlily thats amazing!! thats such a short period of time!!! Good for you!
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

I did an hour of aerobics on Saturday morning and 45 mins this morning. I haven't any energy or enthusiasm this week.

I get weeks like that too Kitteh.

I did a spin pilates class (hour of spin, half hour pilates) on Tuesday and a cardioi scuplt class yesterday. Today I'd let to go for a run but chances are I'll sit on my butt all day.

I'm actually quite confused right now. Every scale says something different. Most hover in the 140's or 150's but yesterday I stepped on one that said 165lbs!! I freaked. I can't be that big? I am able to fit into my size 4 mini skirt and wear my size 7 and 8 jeans! The scale was an ancient one that looked rarely used. Maybe it was faulty. *crosses fingers*

cobweb

^ i expect it was faulty, Tigerlily, if you can still fit into those sizes!.
    Stick to ONE scale only!.

Okay, Cobweb. But fyi, size 8 North American is about size 12-14 in the UK. Just in case you were thinking UK size 8 which would be quite small!

cobweb

size 12-14 seems about right for you, Tigerlily, from what i have seen in pictures of you, so thats good
    its a nice size - i want to be that size again

I get different readings depending which scale I chose to step on. I usually decide on the lower number and feel good about myself... even if it's just an illusion.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Quote cobweb View Post
    size 12-14 seems about right for you, Tigerlily, from what i have seen in pictures of you, so thats good
    its a nice size - i want to be that size again
    Yeah, I think so. I'm naturally hourglassy. I always thought males liked the super slim model types but it turns out they really don't. When I go for a walk outside, I get so many head turns in cars...

cobweb

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    Yeah, I think so. I'm naturally hourglassy. I always thought males liked the super slim model types but it turns out they really don't. When I go for a walk outside, I get so many head turns in cars...

nah, its women that like that superslim shape because you can wear anything when you're like that, plus it sort of looks trim and neat and 'together'.

Yeah. Unfortunately, I think I would leap at the chance of magically becoming superslim overnight.

cobweb

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    Yeah. Unfortunately, I think I would leap at the chance of magically becoming superslim overnight.

I definitley would have done until quite recently but i think i've now accepted i am 'meant' to be solid and curvy looking, i still need to drop a few sizes though, mainly for health reasons.

Good for you, Cobweb! My BMI is still considered overweight. I think I'd like to get down to the mid-range BMI average, like 125 or 135lbs.

I believe I've gained some weight and am no longer in the 140's but back into the 150's. I've been eating absolute crap these past two weeks. And I mean, crap. 6 cookies, tons of coffee, chips, fries, fatty foods, etc etc. I am going to start back with healthy eating tomorrow.

I'm also super interested in starting biking. Maybe I'm just too much of a day dreamer. But I have a romanticised view of being a biker in the summertime. My olive skin slightly tanned, my face glowing and healthy, my body more toned, and being all sexy like on a bike.

I love your vision Tigerlily.
    I just bought a beautiful red bike the other day and am obsessed with it. I hadn't biked in years and forgot how awesome it is.

BlackCats

I did trampolining for 20 mins for the past two days but I am going to keep up with it hopefully.

Urgh also I am on a diet from today. I started dieting back in February when I was 160 lbs and I got down to 147 lbs but I am back at 154 now.

I'm with you BC! I've probably said this every Monday for the past year but for real this time!! (I usually make it to Thursday and then it all goes to hell) The weather is very warm and I can't fit into any of my summer clothes. I bought this one cotton jersey dress for the hot days til I lose weight, but that's it! I'm off to good start. I woke up, did Tae Bo and drank a green smoothie.

Nice one BC.

I have started my class. Did one body combat which was fun but i am now doing body pump which isnt so nice. The first time i did it i could hardly walk the next day. I was on a early the next day, walked to the end of the stairs, tried to use legs but they decided they had no strength in them and i nearly fell down the stairs This week was much easier and i didnt hurt at all, still dont like the class, but i am doing it in work hours and its nice to have a break.

BlackCats

That exercise class sounds painful Puffin. I'm glad it has become easier for you.

I haven't even stuck to my diet for today, I have no will power!!! I don't know how I ever lost weight before. But then I was over 200 lbs a few years ago so at least I haven't gone back up to that weight again. I am going to exercise today though.

You seem like you eat really healthily anyway DiaShel from your posts on the what did you eat today thread. Well done on doing the Tae Bo.

Quote BlackCats View Post

You seem like you eat really healthily anyway DiaShel from your posts on the what did you eat today thread. Well done on doing the Tae Bo.
    Well, I'm usually not posting on the weekends. If I'd posted on Saturday it would be

Oatmeal, banana
    Veggie burger
    cookie dough ice cream
    two more veggie burgers
    beer
    beer
    beer
    beer
    chips
    chips
    chips
    beer
    beer
    chips
    chips
    beer
    beer
    sweetened fruit salad
    beer
    chips x10

BlackCats

Diashel

I've had another less-enthusiastic week so far but I did cycle for 30 mins yest'day and did aerobics for an hour this morning

I've been doing really well with my diet! Yay! It was too hot to even move yesterday though. 90 fricking degrees in April! I'm going to a spin class today though.

Good job, DiaShel. I haven't been following my healthy living plan for the past little while. I think I gained a few pounds. And my period bloat is making me feel like a big balloon! But I've decided to get back on track today. I'm doing well. I think I had one of the healthiest lunches I've had in a long while: salad with chickpeas and poppyseed dressing between two slices of whole wheat bread. Yums!

cobweb

well done girls x

i haven't bothered with my diet/food journal this week, its been chaos here, seems like i gained back a pound - never mind, will get back on track!.

really want to drop the weight now so am sure i will.

I did good today. Eat healthy and did the spin class. However, after I was done with spin I felt so sick! Maybe because it was warm but the room was air conditioned. I'll blame it on dehydration as always!

Scale said I gained 10lbs. Oh bugger. My fault for eating cookies!

I ate well today and I plan on continue. I'm almost out of cookies, so yay. I have vegan ice cream in the freezer but for some reason, I almost never "binge" on ice cream. Normally just carby stuff like cookies or crackers.

Quote puffin View Post
    walked to the end of the stairs, tried to use legs but they decided they had no strength in them and i nearly fell down the stairs

haha I've had that after my first few times on the treadmill....found muscles that hadn't been used in years!!