Thread: Whats wrong with organic milk and cheese?

Default Whats wrong with organic milk and cheese?

What's wrong with ingesting organic milk and cheese?

Default Re: Whats wrong with organic?

Well, there's plenty of threads on this if you look around but one of the major points is (IMHO) that only female cattle produce milk, so what do you think happens to the males that are born?

This link might help.

Also, although organic and vegan products sometimes share some common ground I think organic/non-organic is a completely seperate issue to vegan/non-vegan.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Cows who produce 'organic' milk are still exploited. They are continually impregnated, they have their children taken from them (most of the males or either killed or sold to veal farms), they suffer from diseases (mastitis being the most common), they are generally confined and they are generally sent to slaughter after their milk production is 'spent' among other reasons.

Not to mention, the health implications of humans ingesting dairy. I've heard milk called 'liquid meat'. It's very high in saturated fat and cholesterol. Even if the only reason I could come up with was that cows are being sexually exploited, that would be enough for me.

Here's a great video by Dr. Neal Barnard (from PCRM- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) that includes information on the health implications of dairy:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00593069532942
    "The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking." -byron

The cows cannot give consent.
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

Default Re: Whats wrong with organic milk and cheese?

Try to think of it the other way round: What's right with forcing a living being to spend their entire life being a 'milk machine', a slave for another species - only to produce large amounts of something the masters of those slaves don't even need?

Zero

Quote Eclipse View Post
    I think you arrive at this question because maybe you haven't looked into the production methods and have perhaps accepted these products within the realms of "social norms" if you will.

We are led to believe that cows live out in large fields, happy and contented until they consensually and happily come to be milked by the friendly waiting farmers, this is of course a reality that only exists in story books and fairy tales, the reality consists of extreme cruelty and oppression and remove of a sentient beings right to live on it's own terms.

Dairy cows are completely imprisoned in large milking factories in horrible conditions, unable to do anything that is natural to them, as mentioned previously in this post, they are continually impregnated so that they keep producing milk and having more and more calves (which are all taken away of course) - Dairy therefore directly supports veal production and beef production.

Now, remove the cows from picture for a minute and replace them with Human Women, would that be OK?

It sounds like you are asking from a dietary perspective since you use the phrases "ingesting" and "Organic", the links below may help address some of this.

http://www.patrickholford.com/conten...d_Content=1232
    http://www.notmilk.com/
    http://www.milksucks.com/

I would suggest looking at what's wrong with milk by researching the internet and have a look with your own eyes on YouTube.

Hope this helps

Quote Eclipse View Post
    They come from animals, and therefore aren't vegan.

HTH.

Thanks for clarifying.