Thread: Product Lists

Default Product Lists

All over the place they are, not good when I want to check something.

Products:

• Allied Bakeries [VF]
      • Allinson, Burgen, Country Maid, Dayofresh, Kingsmill, Pennysave, Sunblest.
    • Blue Dragon [VF]
    • Cadbury [SITE]
      • Bassett, Cadbury, Halls, Trebor, Trident.
    • Cauldron [SITE]
    • Heinz [VF]
      • Aunt Bessie, Heinz, Ross, Weight Watchers.
    • Kallo [SITE]
      • Free To Enjoy, Kallo, Whole Earth
    • Kelloggs [SITE]
      • You need to click the vegan link as the results cannot be linked.
    • Marks & Spencer [PDF]
    • McCain [SITE]
    • Jus-Rol [SITE]
    • Premier Foods [SITE]
      • Ambrosia, Angle Delight, Atora, Batchelors, Birds, Bisto, Branston, Cadbury, Coffee Compliment, Crosse & Blackwell, Dufrais, Frank Cooper's, Gales, Hartley's Haywoods, Homepride, Loyd Grossman, Marvel, McDougalls, Paxo, Quorn, Robertsons, Saxa, Sharwoods, Smash, St Nicholas, SunPat.
      • You need to select individual products, but it does show whether they are vegan on the product page
    • Swizzels Matlow [SITE]
    • Unilever [VF]
      • Bertolli, Coleman, Hellmann's, Jif, Knorr, Lipton, Marmite, PG Tips, Pot Noodle, Scottish Blend, Stork.
    • Walkers [VF]
      • Doritos, Smiths, Walkers.

Eating out:

Much better. Any other links I should know about, and that still work unlike the others I used to know?

Michael.
    Last edited by maikeru; Apr 25th, 2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Update 3
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find me...

Default Re: Product Lists

thanks for that, mikeybaby.

Legend!
    www.myspace.com/natureworks1

Nice one!
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

You should go into partnership with Risker. And Cumin.
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

RebeccaDye

Great, thanks!

Thanks so much I'm sat here with a packet of swizzle and matlock Fizzers from a party bag thatI now know for sure arn't vegan.

Quote Janet View Post
    Thanks so much I'm sat here with a packet of swizzle and matlock Fizzers from a party bag thatI now know for sure arn't vegan.
    I would put them aside for now and wait as they might be!

We were all a bit confused over how some of their vegetarian products could be egg and dairy free, not contain honey, yet not be vegan. So I emailed them earlier this month and their reply was:

Further to your enquiry, we can advise you that when the information sheet was compiled the suitability of Love Hearts for a vegetarian diet had just been confirmed (ie the ingredients contained modified starch in place of gelatine). At this time, however, their suitability for a vegan diet had not been tested and qualified.

We are awaiting a new product information sheet, and will forward this to you once compiled.
    Not sure what sort of testing they would need to do, but hopefully when they do update the information it might be good news, as going by the ingredients it seems they might just be erring on the side of caution.

Michael.

ooo, hope yet!

Nice one Maikeru!

I think I probably do have some more stuff you can add, I'll have to get back to you later on it though. I was thinking a while back that what would be a good idea would be a wiki for vegan products or maybe something like GARS for VB forums.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Great post Maikeru

Not sure how accurate the Premier Foods one is as they list Sharwood's Honey & Ginger sauce as vegan. I haven't seen the ingredients list, but I presume it contains honey.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

--short post--
    FYI: Somerfield are now doing a list again (paper only - will post if asked).

--long post (if you're interested)--
    I phone Somerfield the other day, and it seems they are doing a vegan list again (they stopped last year). They popped one in the post and it looks very promising. Lots of nice things on there like bourbon biscuits, frozen bhajis, apple strudel etc.
    However - I went to the store today to check out the accuracy and soon identified a couple of items which are on the list, but which have not been vegan for about 1 yr. Notably - chilled Bhajis and samosas. Everything else I could check, did indeed seem to be OK, but I was concerned so I called them and pointed this out.
    Apparently, they've just had all their lists re-done, and promised to look into the errors. They also said they were reviewing labelling, and were planning on putting the info back on their website too. I think that if enough of us hassle them for a list, and nag them about the errors, it may push them to do something useful to improve matters.
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

Quote Pob View Post
    Not sure how accurate the Premier Foods one is as they list Sharwood's Honey & Ginger sauce as vegan. I haven't seen the ingredients list, but I presume it contains honey.
    Not good.

Going by the Sharwood's web site - which has its own vegetarian/allergen list but ignores indicating vegan suitability - they do not even sell a honey & ginger sauce any more so it makes you wonder how up to date their site is.

Will have to contact them and see what they say.

Michael.

Thank you for that very useful, will have a good look later on.

Asda have stopped a lot of their veggie meals including their vegetable chilli and rice meal that was vegan, I asked in store today and was told we are stopping foods that dont sell as well including quorn meals - replacing with weight watchers ready meals that are full of rubbish and nothing is vegan!

They have at this branch stopped tofu too.

I shall when time email head office about this, I dont shop in Asda but on occasions i have gone in for tofu/soya yog/milk etc and its not available at the mo at my more local branch

Yay, thanks Michael - very glad to have the M&S list for wine

Quote Cumin View Post
    --short post--
    FYI: Somerfield are now doing a list again (paper only - will post if asked).
    Thanks for that, dropped them an email and now have one coming in the post.

Here's some links for your top post Maikeru.

It's not a list, but Loyd Grossman have comprehensive product info on their site.

Pataks will also email a list if asked. TCS@pataksfoods.co.uk

Suma do an excellent comprehensive listing in their catalogue of many brands (e.g. Kallo, Bions, Nairns)and their Vegan-ness. Not just food-stuffs either. I recommend getting an updated list by email from them too. Although many are labelled on the product as vegan, having a list all together is useful if you need to put in a special order with your local stockist. Just write to sales@suma.coop. If enough of us ask, maybe they will put it on their website.

Nestle do have a list on their site, which has become very short of late. It used to contain a lot of brands, but I think they have restructured and many are not present any more. I know many vegans avoid buying their stuff, but I still find it useful to know, in-case someone offers me something.
    Last edited by Cumin; Apr 29th, 2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Embolden Loyd
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

This is a recreation of the previous post that was lost in the server move....

Quote VeganDaze View Post
    Yay, thanks Michael - very glad to have the M&S list for wine
    Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd be quite suprised if the list wasn't created by a new recruit checking labels for the word milk or eggs......

Whilst the new list doesn't seem to be as much of a complete work of fiction as the previous attempts (run a search on this forum for examples), unless M&S are now pioneering the use of fake meat one still must question the accuracy of some of the items, including (at a quick glance):

Chicken Jalfrezi
    Chicken Tikka Masala
    Coriander Chicken
    Lamb Madras
    Lamb Rogan Josh

I'd be extremely surprised if many of their household products listed are vegan (such as dishwasher liquid, toilet cleaner etc).

As for their wine list, whilst it's good that they don't seem to be sticking to the line of "all our vegetarian wine is vegan" statement I'd be impressed if half of those listed are in fact vegan. So much so that I'll donate £20 to the UK registered AR friendly charity of choice of the first person to prove (including a statement from M&S of their exact production method and products used) that both the ports listed are vegan.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    This is a recreation of the previous post that was lost in the server move....

Whilst the new list doesn't seem to be as much of a complete work of fiction as the previous attempts (run a search on this forum for examples), unless M&S are now pioneering the use of fake meat one still must question the accuracy of some of the items, including (at a quick glance):

Chicken Jalfrezi
    Chicken Tikka Masala
    Coriander Chicken
    Lamb Madras
    Lamb Rogan Josh
    I think these things might be the names of cooking sauces? As they are in the groceries section, not ready-meals.

Scanned in the somerfield list they sent me - http://www.imageshack.us/?pickup=80117343295761

Get your own hardcopy of it by asking here - http://www.somerfield.co.uk/contactus/index.asp

I think these things might be the names of cooking sauces? As they are in the groceries section, not ready-meals.
    I nipped in to the one round the corner on the way home from work. They do indeed have curry sauces (mostly containing milk) by the name of Jalfrezi and Tikka Masala, however not prefixed by the name of a dead animal. The items they do sell matching the names in the list are in the chiller section and as suspected not using meat substitutes.

I live in hope that the people who are in charge of deciding whether the word 'vegan' appears on products or not aren't the same as those who produce lists such as M&S's.

Crikey, what kind of wally wrote that list???

I always read the ingredients anyway, but it's so annoying when it comes to booze and they don't list the ingredients! Lots of wines say 'vegetarian' in M&S but is impossible to know if it's safe - I emailed them to no response

has anyone contacted M&S to give them a verbal spanking?

Yes, both Cherry and I have emailed them about their previous lists (which were even worse than the latest). I threatened to boycott them for a year over it (and did, probably for a bit longer). I don't think I got a reply but I seem to remember Cherry did (I think her email was a bit more polite).

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6305

I will email them now. Maybe if lots of us do they will stop being hopeless. I have emailed them before with specific ideas before, about how to make things more vegan/allergy friendly and they haven't changed a thing. Like why TF would you put butter in a houmous sandwich? Unnecessary and anti-vegan/lactose intolerant!

I will email them now. Maybe if lots of us do they will stop being hopeless. I have emailed them before with specific ideas before, about how to make things more vegan/allergy friendly and they haven't changed a thing. Like why TF would you put butter in a houmous sandwich? Unnecessary and anti-vegan/lactose intolerant!
    Or the ones (no names mentioned *ahem*BOOTS*ahem* who put MILK in their HOUMOUS!!!!!!!!!

I asked in Marks and Spencers today if a rye/spelt loaf from the bakery was vegan and a folder was found with all the ingredients in and at the bottom was a vegan yes or no box and this loaf was ok, several others were but equally several with egg/milk in.

But there does now appear to be a folder in the in store bakery.

Also in the cafes in M&S but only the tomato and basil soup is vegan!

That's a start at least Alison. I will go an annoy M&S next time I'm near one.

I got a response from M&S apologising about their vegan list and promising to pass the info onto the relevant team and urge them to look into it and sort out the problem.

They also emailed me a wine list. I'm not sure how I can share this with you all though because it isn't a website. I can email it to anyone if you send me a PM!

Gazes at Trees

I think the M&S list has been updated....

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....?mnSBrand=core

I only had a quick look but I did see "Broccoli & Stilton Soup" on the list!

Unfortunately that seems to have been a temporary page they put up for you (a temp doc that expires). Was there a source link for it?

Try this - http://www.unitedbiscuits.com/consum...3hi1I72gHas%3D

Or go to www.unitedbiscuits.com click customer care at the top then pick special diets.

Just a reminder about this thread (I found it when searching for something else) in case anyone has any updated or new product lists. It's nice to be able to find them all in one place.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

What have you found Marrers?
    I'm stalking you!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

I've just used the Premier Foods list - thanks Maikeru and others for the helpful info!

Latest list from M&S here

They seem to have extended somewhat since a last looked. Lots of nice stuff on there now.

Shockingly I can't see any glaring mistakes on that list

Probably has been mentioned elsewhere but the labelling on M&S wine and beer etc. has improved. I only ever used to be able to find 1 wine labelled as vegan. There are a lot more now.
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

I've also had a new Walkers list today:

December 2009

Crisps
    Walkers BBQ Rib Flavour Crisps
    Walkers Pickled Onion Flavour Crisps
    Walkers Prawn Cocktail Flavour Crisps
    Walkers Ready Salted Crisps
    Walkers Roast Gammon Flavour Crisps
    Walkers Steak & Onion Flavour Cisps
    Walkers Sweet Cumberland Sausage Flavour Crisps
    Walkers Worcester Sauce Flavour Crisps
    Walkers Salt & Shake Crisps
    Walkers Lights Simply Salted Crisps
    Walkers Sensations Balsamic Vinegar & Caramelised Onion Flavour Crisps
    Walkers MAX Chargrilled Steak Flavour Crisps
    Walkers MAX Paprika Flavour Crisps

Snacks
    Walkers Baked Mango Chilli Flavour
    Walkers Baked Ready Salted
    Walkers French Fries Ready Salted
    Walkers French Fries Salt & Vinegar Flavour
    Walkers Quavers Prawn Cocktail Flavour
    Walkers Quavers Salt & Vinegar Flavour
    Walkers Sensations Poppadom Bites Lime & Coriander Chutney Flavour
    Walkers Squares Ready Salted
    Walkers Squares Salt & Vinegar Flavour
    Walkers SunBites Original
    Walkers Sunbites Sun Ripened Sweet Chilli Flavour
    Walkers Wotsits Flamin’ Hot Flavour
    Doritos Chilli Heatwave Flavour
    Doritos Lightly Salted
    Smiths Chipsticks Ready Salted
    Smiths Chipsticks Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Flavour

DIPS
    Doritos Best Ever Hot Salsa Dip
    Doritos Best Ever Mild Salsa Dip

Salt and Vinegar Chipsticks... yessssss!

Here's the new M&S list. I've already found one mistake - the oatcakes contain milk, so continue to double check everything.

http://health.marksandspencer.com/up...pdfs/vegan.pdf

The M&S product list is infamous for its continued inaccuracy.

At a glance, things I'd be highly surprised about:

Feta Beetroot & Rocket Salad Kitchen 720052
    Croissant Restaurant 530774

It's goood to see nothing on their containing the words "Chicken" or "Beef"

Yes, and the Ulster Fry and Eton Mess. Hmmmmmm

New Swizzel Matlow list - love hearts are officially vegan!!!
    The second to last "Y" Indicate vegan suitability (I have cut out the none vegan items):

CLIMPIES Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    CRYSTAL BARLEY SUGAR Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    CRYSTAL FRUITS Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    CRYSTAL LICORICE Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    CRYSTAL MINTS Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    DOUBLE DIP Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    DOUBLE DIP TRIPLE Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    DOUBLE LOLLIES DEXTROSE Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    DOUBLE LOLLIES DIP Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    DOUBLE LOLLIES SUGAR Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    FIZZERS DEXTROSE Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    FIZZERS SUGAR Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    FRUITY POPS Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    ICE CREAM POPS Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    LOVE HEART LIPSTICK Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    LOVE HEART TRIPLE DIP Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    LOVE HEARTS Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    MINI ME N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    MONKEY BAR CHEW N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    NECKLACE Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    PARMA VIOLETS Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    PHANTOM FIZZ Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    RAINBOW DROPS Y Y Y N Y Y Y Y
    RIP AND TIP Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    SPOOKY DIP Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    WATCH Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    WHISTLES Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y

Parma Violets

I have a current Co-op list but it's quite a large file and I'm not sure how to add it here

Try uploading it to http://www.scribd.com/

Thanks, I'll try later, upon looking again it is dated 2010 and the wine list.
    The Sainsbury's one is a bit more current.