Male
    Bronson
    Brantley
    Dalton
    Dakota
    Montanna
    Nicholas

tails4wagging

'I am undecided' is an unusual name for a boy Sorry could'nt resist that I think geoffs humour is spreading!!!!!

ConsciousCuisine

Blake
    Sebastiane
    Cameron
    Taylor
    Jordan
    Julian
    Christian

These are for either girls or boys I chose the first 2 for my daughter

PinkFluffyCloud

I like Amber and Lily for girls, also Freya.
    Sam for boys.
    Charlie and Billy(ie) are my favourites for either sex.

Kiyoko and Lily are my favourite girls names. I refuse to have boys so I've never really bothered to think of any I like. CC, I love Blake for a girl's name!

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    I like Amber and Lily for girls, also Freya.
    Sam for boys.
    Charlie and Billy(ie) are my favourites for either sex.

amber is my daughters middle name

PinkFluffyCloud

Banana, are you planning ahead by the way?

PinkFluffyCloud

Or do you have some news for us????????????

LOL PFC - I am DEFINATELY not pregnant, and probably won't be till I finish my degree (3 - 4 more years ) So I am a looooong way off! But don't you worry - the vegan forum will be the first to hear of any news of the sort

And yes, Leilani is the name that my boy and I have chosen for our girl (like Leigh, I am not planning on having boys anyway - they piss in the air, and from my teaching experience, they are shittier to deal with too )

PinkFluffyCloud

Hey, Hey, Hey!!
    I always wanted a boy, they are much less trouble, and don't give you so many worries when they are teenagers!
    Just give you a lot of cheek, from my experience!!

Sophia
    Sophie
    Jesse

Yasmene -- a favorite Arabic name
    Gaia -- Earth Goddess (what's not to like)

I thought Alba was cool for a while too. But I've always liked Yasmene and I stumbled upon the name Gaia in my Religious Studies text (I think?) and I really like it But marriage and children are far far away. Have school and then grad. school in a few years, etc.

I like Najwa (you pronounce the "J", btw) for a girl. I'm undecided for boys' names.

Quote Leigh
    I refuse to have boys so I've never really bothered to think of any I like.
    lol, me too! if i ever have children, i just don't know what i would do with myself if i had a boy.

i love the name arienette, and for some reason i always loved the name jane. it's not fancy, but it seems so strong. i adore unisex names or names for girls or boys that are traditionally the other way around.

Boys’ names:
    Alexander James
    Victor Christian

Girls’ names:
    Catherine Elizabeth
    Alessandra Maria

Assorted beautiful names:
    Anna
    Julia
    Sophia
    Emma
    Jane
    Michael
    Edward
    William
    Nicholas
    David
    Matthew
    Jonathan
    Our character is an omen of our destiny, and the more integrity we have and keep, the simpler and nobler that destiny is likely to be. ~ George Santayana

tails4wagging

I love the old biblical names such as Isaac, Agnes, Rachel, Rebecca, david.

i used to like really stupid names, like kid for a boy and mitsy for a girl (what was i thinking?? silly 13 year old), not that i plan on having children, but i like lots of names. names i definetely WOULDN'T call my children:

natasha (tasha/tash)
    brittany (sp?)
    bianca
    kayleigh (sp?)
    kylie

i apologise if anyone on the forum has one of these as a name, i just associate them with the kind of chavs who thought they ruled the school back in secondary school (and primary school, and probably college too if any of them got in), and don't even get me started on names like mercedes. i also dislike it when parents name their children after countries/states, unless it was a very obscure place name, i guess that could work..
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

PinkFluffyCloud

HeHe, like 'my' Rat that I named Zanzibar, Bulletproof!...................

no that is an exception defientely! florence is quite cute too
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

PinkFluffyCloud

Oh, yes, Florence is a great name, and Dylan, and Ermintrude, for that matter!

I dont know why but I really love names that start with the letter G...

Girl:

-Gala
    -Genevieve
    -Gretchen (this name sounds so mean but it means "little pearl" in German...so cute)
    -Victoria (but not vicky or tori lol)
    -Ava
    -Ashlyn

Boy:

Owen
    Dominic
    Miles
    Ephraim
    Matthew

Quote LyricSarah
    -Gretchen (this name sounds so mean but it means "little pearl" in German...so cute)
    My last name is Pearl so if I had named my daughter Gretchen instead of Sarah, her name could be Little Pearl Pearl

It's highly unlikely that I will ever have children, but if I did, and they were girls, I would love to name them after my Grandmothers. Daisy and Cherry.

PinkFluffyCloud

They are lovely names, Roxy - so is 'Roxy'!.
    My Gran was called Ethel, no chance of using her name then!

If I sew the love seeds of nature and small people come along to my world names that I like are.

Milly
    Amie-Leigh
    Zack-Jay
    Jazminda
    Milo
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Quote snaffler
    Milo
    Someones been watching too much Tweenies

Who are the tweenies never heard of them, by the way have you scene my dog, he is lovely got him from a guy who works for the BBC

IZZLES!!!

Have to admit tho, my heart belongs to Doodles

i'm not going to have kids myself but i've always loved the name Bethany (it's the name of an old friend of mine who i've lost touch with and miss very much)

i can't think of any others i particularly like at the moment
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

i knew my friend Bethany had an unusual middle name and i've been racking my brains all afternoon trying to remember it - anyway it's Lamorna, after a beautiful part of Cornwall. i like that name too.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Snaf - is Milly short for Millicent? Just plain Milly is nice.

My old boss's middle name is Singita. It's Fijian. Quite exotic, I think

Sorry to anyone who has the name Ralph - but that's a name that makes me cringe. Perhaps because it means, vomit, where I am from

Quote Gorilla
    i knew my friend Bethany had an unusual middle name and i've been racking my brains all afternoon trying to remember it - anyway it's Lamorna, after a beautiful part of Cornwall. i like that name too.
    I know a Lamorna as well, but it was her first name, it is a nice name

Quote Roxy
    Snaf - is Milly short for Millicent? Just plain Milly is nice.

My old boss's middle name is Singita. It's Fijian. Quite exotic, I think

Sorry to anyone who has the name Ralph - but that's a name that makes me cringe. Perhaps because it means, vomit, where I am from
    Just Milly def..

Quote Roxy

LOL Roxy! When my boyfriend and I first started discussing names - he wanted, if we have a boy - to name it Ralph . I was like HELL NO! That name reminds me of a grumpy old man - and it turns out that my boyfriend's dog when he was small, was named Ralph

The other names he chose were Andrew, Robert and James - Funnily enough - those three names are the names of him and his two brothers - Isn't he the most creative person LOL

PinkFluffyCloud

HeHe, when I was pregnant we couldn't agree on names, I liked the more unusual ones, my husband the old fashioned ones. At the time I was looking after a lovely big black Horse for someone, his name was Sam. So we both said, 'Sam, that's a lovely name, ok, Sam it is, boy or girl!'. That was what we stuck to!

Geoff

Quote Roxy

My son's name is Huw but he's usually called Huwie, an even more popular Aussie word for vomiting

PinkFluffyCloud

Rex is a nice name - very Regal.

As soon as I found out I was pregnant with twins, the names Sarah and Ben came to me. I don't know why but it was such a strong calling. I don't know what we would have done if we had 2 boys or 2 girls. I found out later than I have 2 cousins who live in California that I never met, their names are Sarah and Ben but are not twins.

GIRL NAMES

Zara
    Gweenavevie
    Gweendalen (my grandmas name)
    Rachael
    Jane

BOYS NAMES

John (family names on both sides of my fiance and my familys)
    Cam
    Joshua

My partner and i have already decided (about a year ago) that gweenavevie wil be the first girls name and John for the first boy when we decide to have chidren.
    If i cant kill it i WONT eat it, If i cant look into its eyes and hurt it, I wont take from it.

I also like Joshua - it is my cousin's name. And Zara is one of my friend's names - it also very beautiful.

i love this game! have spent far to much time thinking of kids names. I love Jack and Archie for boys and Grace and Ophelia for girls. Quite traditional with a bit of shakespeare for good measure!

Joy, Gay, Rosy, Heather, Blossom, Summer, Dawn, Summer Dawn, Tree, Holly, May, Patience, and Hope.

Default Cool Baby Names

Okay, this may seem a little juvenile . When my sister and I were younger we used to come up with names that we would call our kids, if we ever had any. I don't really plan on having kids, but I'm still intrigued at what names parents choose to give their children and why. So does anyone have any cool name ideas they'd like to share? Or, if you have kids, what are their names? Why did you pick them?

I worked in an elementary school and there was a little girl named Zaija (Zay-a), and my lab partner in uni was named Villija (villy-a). I'm rather fond of Zaija, and may "steal" it if I ever have a daughter
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

Tiggerwoo

Default Re: Cool Baby Names

I like the name Kaya. My little cousin is called that and I think its a beautiful name.

I like Cherry and Daisy (these are my Grandmother's names). I won't be having any children - so perhaps this is what I will name the cat or dog babies that I plan to rescue in the future (if they are girls).

When I was little I liked the name Blair cause it was my cousins middle name... and I was jealous cause my middle name was just Marie. lol. I have learned to appreciate my name though.
    We named our Daughter Phoenix Madison Jewell-- Phoenix cause of the meaning rebirth behind it and she brought new life to our worlds, Madison cause my husband is from Madison, Indiana and its sooo beautiful there, and then Jewell after my grandmother.
    If we have a boy his name will be Odan (Alexander) cause our last name is Thur originally pronounced Thor and Odan is Thors father. Plus it is a strong mythical name. Then if we have another girl her name will be Valkyrie like the Female Vikings. Strong and uncommon. I know these are strange to some but if you knew my husband and I you would see that the names fit perfectly.
    Other than that I always liked the names Lilly, Victoria, Kiley, and Lucia for girls and Jameson, Denomi, Ethan, and Luke for boys.
    Chelsea Thur, Indiana Representative, March to End Animal Cruelty, http://www.myspace.com/veganthur

I thought it funny in an episode of seinfeld when kramer said he wanted to name his son 'isosceles kramer'.

if i ever have a kid i would name the girl johanna, after my grandma- no one ever pronounces it right- they call her joe hanna. my kid would be yo-haan a. hanna for short. i kinda like maximillian for a boy.

but i'll be 90 by the time i ever find anyone i would like to reproduce or adopt with

I love Finn for a boy and Harper for a girl.