Thread: The most ethical dinner?

Default The most ethical dinner?

http://environment.uk.msn.com/featur...mentid=8206085

Personally I beg to differ and I know you guys will too. Although she does make good points and it is good to get this as a featured article on msn.
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Default Re: The most ethical dinner?

What about the packaging involved in the microwave dinners?

Honestly, food is a minefield! I know the tinned chickpeas in my cupboard are organic, but they are Italian (a long way from Ostraya!) and aren't labelled as 'fair trade', so I can only assume they are(with the EU subsidies and whatnot). Honestly!

Just on the topic of fair trade....my work is having "Fair Trade Week" this week, featuring FT items that we sell, such as tea and coffee and chocolate. Our produce department especially got in FT bananas, mangoes and avocados.

It's a pity these items are only in the store for a week - I wish we could have FT produce all the time. I guess if enough customers ask for it....but then again, they probably won't.

Nope, they won't. Too exxy, and no-one can see them making the magnanimous gesture (sorry, I'm sick as a dog today = real cynical!).

I'm trying to make the switch - wherever possible and within my means - to Australian products (free of child labour, etc) and fair trade imports, starting with Green and Black's chocolate. Yummy, yummy justice!

LuVegan15

The shellfish bit annoyed me.

It annoyed me too. I don't understand why people just can't except what is comming to them and the only way to make this planet a better place.

ORGANIC, VEGAN, LOCAL/FAIRTRADE FOOD!!! It is the only way forward tbh....although saying that...not all of those things are readily available....yet!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

I wish everything was fairtrade, although Id end up eating very little because of the cost! I've bought FT coffee, tea, and chocolate for years, but not much else is available consistently. I think the bananas at the local supermarket are fairtrade though. South Central Brazil or something? Not local, but fairtrade. Yummm.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott