Thread: the pulp of homemade almond milk?

Default the pulp of homemade almond milk?

Hello everyone,

I know there is another thread on almond millk but I think my question requires another thread since I'm specifically looking for recipes with the pulp.

I love making homemade almond milk and I always end up with all the pulp after I strain it. I've been freezing the leftovers pulp until I find some recipes for it....peace, Mike

Default Re: the pulp of homemade almond milk?

Mmmm, almondmilk

I seen somewhere on the raw food thread (i think) that someone used it in a fruit salad ...

I use the pulp in cakes ... raw apple cakes, baked apple cakes, brownies, cookies ... cakes.

i have this stuff kicking about and just mix it into other food you're having..salad..pop a dollop on top..on top of your cereal..you could mix it with dates and other finely chopped fruit and dehydrate it to make a sort of cookie type thing?
    or get some muslin and pop it in there and put it under running water for a bath of nutty luxury kinda thing. and if you come up with any other ace ideas, let me know cos i keep on having to compost loads cos i can't get through it all.
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

Thank you Glossgirl and Emmaparesley,

On another thread someone used it to make poppyseed breakfast bread and I tried to PM her for the recipe but she doesn't take PM's or emails.

I guess I'm looking for recipes that mixes it with other ingredients, because it doesn't look appealing to me to just to top on things, sorry. I've heard you could use it as a flour in desserts.

Emmapresley, I'm sorry but I've never made any kind of desserts and "the cookie type thing" sounds really good; how do I dehydrate the pulp, and if you don't mind can you give us the recipe.

Unless, you are like me, I make wonderful Biryani's, hummus, veggie curry with coconut milk but I never use measurements and I feel bad when people ask me for recipes.....and here I'm asking you....LOL........peace, Mike

unless its a recipe from a book, no, i just lob in whatever and it generally turns out ok.

i would say, a dehydrator would make good cookies, but as they cost a fair amount of cash..i have used my airing cupboard for dehydrating stuff.

maybe mix your almond pulp with diced apple..agave syrup..anything else chopped finely?? then shape it and flatten onto greasproof paper and pop it into your airing cupboard for a day or two. just mess about and see what you end up creating?

ooh, heres another recipe from a book i have that uses left over almond pulp..

malt geezer

1 cup almond pulp
    1 cup soaked flax seeds
    1/2 a mango, peeled and stoned
    2 dates, stoned
    1/2 litre of water

blend the flax seeds and almonds with haf the water until theyre as fine as you think theyre gonna go. strain the liquid into a bowl. pop the mush thats left back into the blender, add the rest of the water and blend. strain that in the same way as before. rinse out the blender so you dont get any mush in your drink, then put the liquid back in the blender. chop the dates and add those and the mango to the blender and blend until smooth

have a go?

A cook book that with recipes using the pulp of almond milk; boy; you are so lucky. That recipe sounded good and full of omega-3; one can't ask for more. What's the name of your cook book? Thank you, Mike

http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatalog/sdd.html

it's from this book..which is very good.
    bet you if you googled *raw..almond..pulp..recipe*..you'd find some other stuff too.