Thread: Ideas for filling meals

happy

Post Ideas for filling meals

I've noticed again this past week that when here at my grandparents that I end up eating an extraordinary amount of white bread or toast from white bread with vitalite.There's also bread at my mum's,but since she won't get a new toaster,the grill is full of bacon and other fat since everyone eats meat and I really hate cleaning it,so I don't really have toast,but still bread with vitalite.I think it's playing havoc with my stomach and skin and not really that healthy.My stomach's pretty sensitive;I need gentle thing',with a high water content I think,I tend not to drink enough,I don't think on it.I don't know if switching to wholemeal is the answer;it makes horrible toast.I also think white potatoes aren't that good.But it's really bread that I use to fill me up.I find that snacking on fruit isn't really enough and I'm encouraged to eat bread while at my grandparents.The other day my nanna made me a vegetable stew with white flour dumplings;she doesn't like me to eat it for breakfast,but I see no problem,maybe I should just do that anyway.Breakfast again consists of toast,or cereal,which doesn't do much and I've recently come to dislike oatmeal,even with sugar/syrup.I've been thinking about rice,though will have to buy my own brown rice,since most prefer white .Maybe I could get a rice pudding recipe.I'm not sure what else beyond rice,maybe other grains,though cheap ones;my university student loan hasn't come through yet and I don't return until my break ends in Septmeber and until then can't rely on mum to get things I need,she mostly gets meat and more meat for curries,whose spices harm me.
    Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Ideas for filling meals

Things with pulses/legumes are filling and inexpensive. I find them quite easy to digest as long as the pulses are well cooked. Would you be able to make things like dhal, or lentil (or bean) soup? They keep for a while so you could make a batch and eat it for a few days, if you wanted to. As you say, there's no reason you can't eat stuff like that for breakfast too if you want to. Including nuts or seeds can also make a meal or snack more satisifying.

White bread and potatoes sometimes make you feel hungry rather than satisfied because the energy in them is burned up so fast.

happy

Yeah,those ideas sound good thanks.

Also, if you can cook in the pan and such, doing a tofu scramble can be a really nice way to complement toast in the morning, especially with things like broccoli and onions and bell peppers to go with it. Also if you have beans cooked up, and then cook up some veggies, then those can go well with rice or pasta.