Thread: Multivitamins that don't contain fish

Default Multivitamins that don't contain fish

I can't find multivitamins that don't contain fish. Literally, every single brand I've seen has fish in it, and since I just switched to being vegan, my diet is absolutely horrible right now and I am suffering from malnutrition. I absolutely need multivitamins. If anybody knows of some please let me know. I'm in the US by the way, if that matters.

Default Re: Having some trouble...

Do you have a whole foods near you? A Trader Joes? A health food store? They should have vegan vitamins! If not, you can order them online through many companies if you type in vegan multivitamin.

Why do you think you're malnourished? What can you do to reverse it? What are you currently doing that is "absolutely horrible"? I think the transition to veganism would be pretty tough if you're not eating lots of greens, fruits, healthy fats, and a variety of other veggies. If you eat properly, you may avoid supplements altogether.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

I still need to check the GMC, being the most obvious location of all I'm stumped as to why I haven't checked there.

I typically will eat like a fairly big bowl of rice and beans, and maybe some Ramen later on, for a whole day. I have some organic veggies that I can throw into a salad, but I haven't tried it yet. I feel weak, and have lost an unhealthy amount of weight. I'm going to see a doctor about it soon.

It sounds like youre definitely lacking vegetables (as you mentioned). Try adding veggies to your rice and beans! Try eating a small salad before each meal. Maybe eat some fruit in the morning or throughout the day. And of course, eating fats will help you to get more calories in. Unsaturated fats will help with vitamin absorption. You could carry a small packet of nuts with you. Or drink a cup of rice/soy/oat milk with your lunch.

I agree that you should check with your doctor if you feel you need to. I would try checking for vegan vitamins at a health food store before GNC, they are way more focused on "miracle" pills than real vitamins. Plus, an improvement in your diet should really help you!! Energy levels are typically directly related to our diets!
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

I order multivitamins online at veganessentials.com. I don't think they're any more expensive than "normal" ones.

It couldn't hurt to check the GNC. I was in one a couple months ago and was quite surprised by the amount of "natural" products - they had Kiss My Face soap and stuff.
    veganhomemade.wordpress.com

Sorry to hear your transition to veganism hasn't been easy Eclipse. Lots of fruits and veggies seems to be what your diet is lacking in right now. Try upping your intake of those and hopefully with the other girls' advice, you'll be able to find a vegan multi to help you through your transition stage.

Best wishes.