Thread: Any vegan restaurants or cafes in Jersey

Default Any vegan restaurants or cafes in Jersey

In August I'm going to Jersey for a week self catering with my wife and mother in- law, oh joy.

I have looked on the interweb but I can't seem to find any vegan places. Most searches seem to point one towards New Jersey, but I'm not a Soprano.

Has anyone had any previous in this area?
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Default Re: Any vegan restaurants or cafes in Jersey

I'll take that as a no then.

If anyone is interested I did find one place.

http://www.saltydogbistro.com/?gclid...FSNPMAodSHcJoA

I emailed them and they replied pretty quickly and said they would happily accommodate vegans no problem.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Jiffy, thanks for the info. we are also going to Jersey in August. Fancy a drink down at the Salty Dog? We'll be there in the first week of Aug.

Quote auntierozzi View Post
    Jiffy, thanks for the info. we are also going to Jersey in August. Fancy a drink down at the Salty Dog? We'll be there in the first week of Aug.
    Thats's a shame, we are there from the 9th.

We're there from about the the 21st/22nd Aug and possibly later this month (thou I haven't yet booked any flights!).

I've been to Jersey 3 times in the past couple of years (family). There are no vegetarian only restuarants I know of. There's a vegetarian guest house that is in the process of closing down which may or may not still be open in august that will do evening vegan meals for non residents, but I've not eaten there and it's not cheap (iirc about £30 a head). We've eaten at a couple of places; Pizza express in St Brelaides and a nice place in Gorey (again no name, but could probably describe how to get there if you like) which catered for us fine (the latter a tad overpriced given the fact it was risotto at the same price as lobster).

If you're self catering thou it's a doddle, there's leaders in St Hellier that sells virtually all the main brands of fresh/frozen stuff like tofu, yoghurts, soya milk (only granose and alpro, no so good) etc. There's an all organic farm 'superstore' on the east coast that I forget the name of that sells lots of vegan suitable things (not so much fresh though) and good veg. There's a supermarket somewhere but we've never been to it, and loads of M&Ss (who produce the world's most comical vegan list and put butter in practically everything). Prices are generally similar to UK, except bread which is a rip off.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock