Thread: Non-vegan freebies with shopping

Default Non-vegan freebies with shopping

I've been shopping with goodness direct for a while now but I've had trouble with them adding non vegan items to my shopping list as freebies. I have asked them not to do this the last time I did shopping with them but they still included some fruit and nut bars that had honey with it. As well as a rather snooty email saying that they couldn't ensure that the freebies were vegan. The only thing they were offering was for me not to recieve freebies at all in future. I found them very unhelpful so won't be using them in future.

I'm now getting shopping from Waitrose online but I've started recieving these freebies from them too now. I've emailed them about it and hope something can be sorted. I mean what is the point of making sure everything is vegan then getting a bar of chocolate that contains milk added to your shopping list when you don't want it.

Anyone else get problems with these dratted non vegan freebies?

Default Re: Non Vegan freebies with shopping

Yes, my old organic vegetable delivery people used to do that (not the current ones though!), and I think I've had it with Goodness Direct as well. I did try asking the organic veg people not to do it but they really didn't seem to understand why I didn't want them Not getting any freebies would have been fine by me, if that had been an option.

The morrisons here used to give away a free chicken carcass with every spend of £30/£50 (can't remember which)
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Quote Risker View Post
    The morrisons here used to give away a free chicken carcass with every spend of £30/£50 (can't remember which)

Bet it was the ones 1 day before the 'sell by date' ..
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe-Albert Einstein

I have a similar problem with Wiggle, who insist on sending me gelatine filled sweets with my order.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Default Re: Non-vegan freebies with shopping

I ordered some solgar vit c powder recently from victoria health online, and they sent a box of ginsing - with beef gelatine shell, was going to send it back but dads had it.

Sainsburys send me a birthday gift - voucher for green and blacks ice cream last year, again dad nabbed it i did mention this at customer services and was given a vegan bar of green and blacks

I know goodness do this, so do the restaurants when you order a take a way meal round here - last time when placing my vegan order i said please dont send tubs of yoghurt dip as im vegan and they did for once listen got a huge free bag of onion salad!

Id much rather there were no free gifts, same with magazines

Having said that i didnt complain at alternative stores free gift a bag of divine dark choc mini eggs so yummy

BlackCats

I got 3 big bars of Galaxy chocolate with my online shopping from Sainsbury's last time. I think it must have been one bar free with every £25 spent. I passed them on to my omni brother.

I got a chocolate heart with the ribbon I bought off ebay. It pales in comparison to what some of you have been offered!