Thread: Moving to Arizona...

Default Moving to Arizona...

I hope this is in the right section.
    I'm moving to Arizona in a week or so and there isn't a Whole Foods or a Trader Joe's or a Lee's Sandwiches or a Native Foods or a Bodhi Tree anywhere near me. I don't know of any other health food places and I was wondering whether anybody lives/knows of the area I'm in and can direct me to some good stores. I'm quite near Blythe, CA and Bullhead.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.

Default Re: Moving to Arizona...

I'm Yuma and there is a little health food store here and a veg*n restaurant that's ok. I don't know the city you'll be in, but you'll probably have to take trips to San Diego or Phoenix to stock up every month or two if you eat processed/prepared vegan foods a lot.

Thank you. I'll be in Mojave Valley, and I checked both Whole Foods and Trader Joe's websites and they said that closest stores to me are about 68 miles the way the crow flies, and they're both in Henderson, NV.
    I do eat a lot of processed vegan foods primarily because I can't cook. The subtitle under my name really isn't a joke, lol. The only vegan meal that I was ever able to make that actually tasted good was a tofu scramble and I don't want to live off beans and lettuce, so I go packaged stuff a lot. I also go to a lot of asian markets for miso and other stuff.
    Anyway, off topic. Thanks for the help.

Okay, well you're lucky! 68 miles isn't too bad. I have to drive 3 hours each way currently to go to either of those stores. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a good rice maker. I got mine for $30 at JCPenny's. You just put in rice, quinoa, etc. and water and it does the rest! It makes life so much easier and you can save money by just adding veggies and a sauce, soymilk and cinnamon or other tasty things to the rice (or quinoa...) to make a meal.

Ezme

^ That's a good idea. I'm okay at making stir fries as well. I suppose I just have to get a little creative. I can do without vegan yogurt after all.