Thread: Provamel products

seitan

Default Provamel products

i asked the guys on their stand at the bristol vegan fayre sunday, what happened to the raspberry trifles they used to do quite a few years back (anybody remember them?). i got told they stopped making them as they didnt sell too well (why?? they were the fuckin nuts!!), but, they will have a new one coming out soon, a banana and chocolate trifle thing. not convinced it will be as good as the raspberry one, but hey, anythings better than nothing!

they also have spreadable cheese coming out aswell as fake meat ready meals. i cant remember which was coming out when, but it was september 08 release and sept 09 release.
    keep your eyes open guys and be sure to report back here when you see stuff in the shops

Default Re: PROVAMEL new products

in germany they already released the spreadable cheese. there are 3 flavours, the "natural" one i bought. but i havenīt tasted it so far.
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

cobweb

ta, seitan, will look out for them.

I can't recall those trifles but they sound great.

Will this be a UK and Europe only thing? I'm getting tired of the usual brands here....
    Peace, love, and happiness.

JC

did you try the provamel caramel dessert at the BVF? omg they were so nice! i always thought that provamel and alpro were the same company, but the alpro caramel desserts are vile, so i guess not.

Quote JC View Post
    i always thought that provamel and alpro were the same company
    they are...

p.s. the mocha one was the best....yummmm.....

Default Re: Provamel new products

and of these fabulous desserts you can make a gorgeous vegan creamy liquor...

JC

they're the same company?? what is the point in that?! they sell the same products!!!

and how do you make these liquor thingies of which you speak...? haha

Quote JC View Post
    they're the same company?? what is the point in that?! they sell the same products!!!

and how do you make these liquor thingies of which you speak...? haha
    The provamel were organic, the alpro not.

@ jc: just put some of the dessert into a 0,7l bottle (I use 3 packages vanilla and 1 caramel), 4cl vegan wodka or korn, 4cl amaretto if you wish, 8cl water, 1 tsp macadamia syrup (optional). now: shake it!!!! shakkalakkkaaa.... until itīs well dissolved. if itīs too thick for you add some more water. put into the fridge until itīs served or enjoy immediately on the rocks. itīs also a great addition in white russian... or if you add some kalhua it is called to taste very very clos to baileys (so I was told). and even the omnivores around me love it! of course you can also leave the alcohol out. oh, and it tastes also very good when it is mixed with a smoothie...

Oh oh oh! It's like a vegan Baileys! Hooray! Elahiya - I think I love you!

*blush* thanks... iīm gonna try out something to get "baileys" in another way. iīve got some soy macchiato of alpro here (oh yeah, thatīs new here in germany and it tastes acutally very good! but is pretty sweet in my opinion). maybe i cook with it some vanilla pudding, that might work... thatīs my experiment for the weekend

oooooohhhh my gosh!!!! it does work!!!!! i made vegan baileys from the batch! cooked vanilla pudding with ready made soy macchiato of alpro, prolonged it like the other creamy liquor and it does work... tastes sooooo great.....

Regarding the organic issue that bryzee86 brought up, all alpro products in health stores will be replaced by provamel products which are NOT fortified with vitamins and minerals(b12, calcium etc.), because these vitamins cannot be assured organic... the alpro soya products will be kept but in supermarkets... so if you brought the alprosoya stuff for the added vits, you'll have to go to supermarket from now on..

here in germany it is already like that: you can buy alpro only at the supermarket and the provamel stuff only in health food stores. in m opinion itīs a pity that their ranges can differ so much, e.g. alpro has only drinks and desserts and provamel has not only drinks and desserts and much more like ready meals, spreads etc.

Quote hiddenfromview View Post
    Regarding the organic issue that bryzee86 brought up, all alpro products in health stores will be replaced by provamel products which are NOT fortified with vitamins and minerals(b12, calcium etc.), because these vitamins cannot be assured organic... the alpro soya products will be kept but in supermarkets... so if you brought the alprosoya stuff for the added vits, you'll have to go to supermarket from now on..
    yeah the guy said to me that the Provamel would only be available in health food stores.

btw: just tested the spreadable cheese, the natural one. itīs great!!! it tastes a bit sour maybe a bit like sour cream used to taste (i donīt remember LOL). at th first moment i tasted it i was a bit surprised by the taste but somehow itīs delicious! just made my first tarte flambee with it (never eaten in my life before) and it was great!!!! i can only recommend it.

I tried the new Provamel Chocolate Intenz pots (2 refrigerated chocolate desserts - they also do a vanilla). I would say not to waste money on them, they cost the same as a 4 pack of the UHT chocolate pots and taste almost identical.

Just opened a carton of this, its very good. Not as good as Caprice but still really good:

Quote Firestorm View Post
    Just opened a carton of this, its very good. Not as good as Caprice but still really good:
    Is it a mixture of rice and coconut milk or just coconut flavoured? On the topic of Provamel I am very much enjoying their vanilla yoghurt and their lime yoghurt at the moment
    Houmous atá ann!

Its a mix of coconut & rice (just like the wonderful Caprice)- the Provamel site list the ingredients as

• water
    • Italian rice *
    • coconut milk
    • sea salt
    • natural coconut flavour* = organically grown

Oddly these are almost exactly the same ingredients as Caprice