Thread: Naturopathic remedies or man made remedies?

Question naturopathic remedies or man made remedies?

since being vegan, ive bin more intune with the earth and what it has to offer. i prefer naturopathic/homeopathic remedies to chemical ridden ones.

what do u prefer when u get sick or in pain? does being vegan put u more intune with the earth or do u not feel much of a change?

ive always wondered what fellow vegans feel like

When I was vegan (I'm not exactly vegan anymore), I did feel healthier.

Ever since I have become vegan, I have become much closer to the earth and animals. Only use true medicine such as homeopathy, not conventional drugs.

Just this feeling of beingway more awake and alive. Like that vegan saying i used to have for a signatur...need to re-enter
    ^-^;;

"Being vegan is not about anger or deprivation, it is about bveing fully aware, so as to be fully alive."

And those true medcines and remedies are Earth/Nature given. They are for her children to use to heal themselves. No one claims them just because they take them, but it is a gift from the earth, to make oneself more healthy and balanced.

completely aggree!

i havent gotten sick and try not to use all those commercial drugs anyways....
    Vegan-pagan-homeschooling momma to Khaila (5) and felines Gamma (3) and Mickey (3 mnths) and new foster cat Holly (2)

Red face

I haven't been sick enough to require medication for many years, (except for occaisional bad headaches). However, if I was to get sick, I would prefer to try natural medicine than conventional medicine.

What do you all do in the case of a bad headache? I am still using motrin from time to time, however, I have read that ibuprofen and acetaminaphin (excuse spelling) are not good for the liver. So I would like to use a natural remedy if possible.

Any hints would be great!

Thanks
    Roxy

Default Headaches

I get really bad headaches a few times a year - they seem to have been less frequent the past few years though - I used to have to take ibuprofen, because the pain would get unbearable - couldnīt see, walk,etc, etc - but the past few times, Iīve avoided it just by going to bed as soon as the pain starts - putting cold compresses on your eyes helps - or warm compresses on the back of the neck, depending on the kind of headache.

Herbal teas help as well.

For some people, headaches are a reaction to certain foods (usually animal, of course) but you could be having a reaction to grains, for example.

I think each person has to experiment a bit and find out what works best for them - also, all headaches are not alike!

I havenīt found anything that works as instantly as ibuprofen, but I am happy not to have the drug in my system - I used to have a sort of hangover the morning after taking one, and the drug would be in my mouth for several hours.

all the best,
    globesetter

julieruble

I've heard that homeopathic drugs are only effective in reducing sickness if taken in large doses at the very beginning of the illness. Anyone know more about how/when they work?

Red face

Thanks globesetter.

Mainly my headaches are caused by tenseness in my neck or shoulders. Sometimes a good shoulder massage really helps, but I too must admit that nothing else I've tried works as instantly as ibuprofen.

I was hoping somebody might know of a natural alternative to ibuprofen. Sometimes I get these headaches at work, and laying down with a cold compress just isn't an option.

Thanks again.
    Roxy

Red face natural remedies

here is a list of natural remedies for everything from a cold to arthiritis that i recently found. (its not a 100% vegan, sometimes they suggest chicken soup or something, but it still has many good natural remedies for a ton of things)

http://www.kahncious.net/rich/remedies/index.htm
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Thanks Foxy There are some interesting things there!

here is another list of good natural remedies (theyre not all vegan either)

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/health/health.html

Quote Roxy
    Thanks globesetter.

Mainly my headaches are caused by tenseness in my neck or shoulders. Sometimes a good shoulder massage really helps, but I too must admit that nothing else I've tried works as instantly as ibuprofen.

I was hoping somebody might know of a natural alternative to ibuprofen. Sometimes I get these headaches at work, and laying down with a cold compress just isn't an option.

Thanks again.
    Roxy
    i never saw this post roxy, but in reply, a natural alternative to painkillers would be white willow bark. its the natural 'aspirin' here is a link for info on it:

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...,10069,00.html

That's very helpful Foxy, thank you I will remember to look for it when I'm over at Wholefoods, next.

great, do tell me how it works for you