Thread: Milk to China

Default Milk to China

Australia is now the largest exporter of cattle to China, and the value of animals to September was around 90 per cent higher than for the same period last year.
    The Chinese government is driving the demand through its school milk program, which aims to increase dairy consumption in the country.

Milk was not widely used in China, but now, like western countries, seems they're going the way of all flesh. Can you imagine, with their huge population, how many cows will be brutalised?
    Eve

PinkFluffyCloud

That's awful, Eve - Western 'civilization' has so much to answer to, doesn't it?
    I was just reading in the 'Daily Mirror', there's a new link between Cow milk and Ovarian Cancer.
    I bet we Westerners are responsible for most of today's prevalent diseases.

It will be interesting to see, if the disease rate (dietary related) increases in China. The Asian diet, which traditionally consisted of an abundance of rice, green vegetables and soy beans, has proven to be one of the healthiest diets in the world - what is there problem? Why do they want to consume more dairy?

There is a rising child obesity rate in China. Almost all parents have a single child, and with a history of starvation in China many Chinese are stuffing their kids. They call them "little emperors."

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Western 'civilization' has so much to answer to, doesn't it? I was just reading in the 'Daily Mirror', there's a new link between Cow milk and Ovarian Cancer. I bet we Westerners are responsible for most of today's prevalent diseases.
    You're not wrong PinkFluffy, then again I read somewhere that the result of white people invading North America and Canada, and cheating and killing the Native Americans after being offered to smoke the pipe of peace, is that in the end, tobacco killed off more whites around the world! Is that karma or is that karma?
    Eve

I've seen the Chinese kids in Chinatown in NYC eating at McDonalds and most of them are overweight. America has had such a negative influence on the environmental health of the earth and the physical health of its inhabitants. I read that somewhere around 60% of Asians are lactose intolerant. Really good idea to give them milk!