Thread: Spanish Vegans (or vegans living in Spain)

Default Spanish Vegans (or vegans living in Spain)

Hi guys,

First of all, the aim of this thread is not to exclude people from other nationalities but I think it would be interesting to use this thread for things that happen in Spain...

I am not sure how many members live in Spain or are spanish so maybe there are not enough people for the thread to be relevant... nevertheless, I thought i'd give it a try!

THe reason for this thread, is that I have seen the Campofrio Advert "Finissimas de Campofrio" and I am horrified at how much they take the p*ss about vegetarians and vegans... I have written a letter to complain...

Has any body else seen this advert? In case you are interested this is the veg*n response: (Warning, there are some not very nice images right at the end, but you can watch most of it safely and then turn it off, it is clear where the gore stuff is going to start)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2VQocNg5j3k

Default Re: Spanish Vegans (or vegans living in Spain)

Hi, Manzana, I sure have watched it, and it made me puke all over. As a matter of fact, I sent campofrio a letter of complaint, as many from www.forovegetariano.org have. It´s shameful to see how they can make people think we vegetarians are kind of frustrated folks, drooling for a chunk of ham. Nauseating!
    Best regards, manzanita, where are you from?

Hey Erfoud,

I am originally from Madrid and I really had no idea that there was a spanish veggie forum!!! Maybe things are changing in Spain!!

I sent them 2 really nasty letters!

How come your English is so good?

Well manzana, I happen to teach english in a school, so I´m supposed to write it properly (I lack oral practice, though!)
    Actually there are several veggie forums here, but the foro vegetariano is the one I like best. Did you have a glance at it? There´s also a www.greenpeach.org which is more vegan than the former but the atmosphere there is rather tense, even obnoxious sometimes.
    If you want to get acquainted with my group, type www.todosomosanimales.org, originally from Pamplona, but we´re branching out to Madrid and hopefully elsewhere
    What about you, Manzana? How the heck did you land in Bristol? Is it nice?
    See you!

Quote erfoud View Post
    What about you, Manzana? How the heck did you land in Bristol? Is it nice?
    See you!
    Bristol is okay - however - Manzana is a lovely person and she is here now - so you are not going to get her back!
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

OK, OK, FRankie! Well, it could be the other way round: I might land in Bristol once I get sick to death with this bloodthirsty Spain where I live! Do I fit, folks?

Yes erfoud - you do.

However IMO Birmingham is far better than Bristol - shame that the Vegan festival is not here though - and a few forum members I like a lot
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Thanks Frank, very funny! We do have to meet up again at some point soon! I should have made more of an effort at the Bristol vegan fayre but I was soooooo hay fevery!!! (not fun to watch honest, I ended up sleeping for 14 hours to recover!)

I will send u a pm later erfoud... seems silly to discuss in English when we both speak Spanish!