Thread: Fruit and Veggie Fast Thingy?

Question Fruit and Veggie Fast Thingy?

Just wondering if anyone has ever done a fruit and veggie fast? I don't want to do anything really restrictive but I do feel the need to detox . . . what do you think? I'd appreciate any advice / comments, never done a fast or anything before!

Default Re: Fruit and Veggie Fast Thingy?

i started one this morning but it got to lunchtime and i had a fry's hot dog, onions and loads of white bread and mustard. tsk.

if you want to try gentle..do a cut out of all processed nasties..refined products and stick with fruit..either mono scoffing or not..until lunchtime..for lunch vary salads with sprouts and lemony juice dressings and makesure you have lots of water and nettle tea. have juiced veg and maybe lightly steamed veg and something proteiny for tea..maybe.

a fruit and veg *fast* is a contradiction though??..if you're fasting then surely you'd be abstaining from all foods. though some forum people would recommend it, i don't think i'm cut out for fasting. though i can do the thingy above and feel very good on it for a few days..i just lack the stamina and willpower to do it *shamefaced etc etc look*
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

Quote emmapresley View Post
    i started one this morning but it got to lunchtime and i had a fry's hot dog, onions and loads of white bread and mustard. tsk.

if you want to try gentle..do a cut out of all processed nasties..refined products and stick with fruit..either mono scoffing or not..until lunchtime..for lunch vary salads with sprouts and lemony juice dressings and makesure you have lots of water and nettle tea. have juiced veg and maybe lightly steamed veg and something proteiny for tea..maybe.

a fruit and veg *fast* is a contradiction though??..if you're fasting then surely you'd be abstaining from all foods. though some forum people would recommend it, i don't think i'm cut out for fasting. though i can do the thingy above and feel very good on it for a few days..i just lack the stamina and willpower to do it *shamefaced etc etc look*
    Yeah I know it's not really a fast . . . I just wasn't too sure what to call it to be honest!

Your plan does sound a good idea though, might try it tomo. Though I will prob only get to lunch time also. Ah well, we'll see!!

Are you interested in going raw? There are tons of people that survive on all raw vegan foods for years.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott