Thread: Where to Buy Meal Replacements Ottawa??

Default Where to Buy Meal Replacements Ottawa??

Hello, my first post. I was wondering where in Ottawa I can purchase Veganique Meal Replacement (North Coast Naturals) powder, or the bars? Now I've seen VEGA at the RCSS, but it's expensive. I want to make sure I get the proper nutrition...thanks

Default Re: Where to Buy Meal Replacements Ottawa??

I want to make sure I get the proper nutrition...
    Hi, and welcome!

(Please don't get this wrong, but isn't proper nutrition something we normally should get from proper food, and not from replacement powder? )

Quote Korn View Post
    Hi, and welcome!

(Please don't get this wrong, but isn't proper nutrition something we normally should get from proper food, and not from replacement powder? )
    Oh no, I agree, I am more concerned with protein, and since I am relatively new to this lifestyle, and 43, a busy father and all, I just want to make sure I do not starve myself of the essential building blocks, especially when excerise enters the scene.

Have you seen the favourite vegan protein sources-thread? It mentions dozens of protein rich vegan food products....

Quote Korn View Post
    Have you seen the favourite vegan protein sources-thread? It mentions dozens of protein rich vegan food products....
    I will have a look at it, as I'm sure my goal is to go as natural as possible. I do try and eat in combination, most foods that make up complete proteins. However, when I heal form my injury I plan on hitting the gym again, and working with weights and trying to figure out what and how much to eat to maintain my body is something that I am not quite ready for, this is why I would like to, at the very least, supplement my diet, with HEMP protein shakes, for example...besides becoming Vegan, born as an Italian, who in the past consumed everything on the planet, and who has to sit at the table with everyone else is stressful enough.

I do try and eat in combination, most foods that make up complete proteins.
    Hi again,
    that food combination theory was launched in a book about 35 years ago and declared dead shortly after. Amino acids will be combined into complete proteins even if they are not eaten during the same meal, or even the same day....

Quote Korn View Post
    Hi again,
    that food combination theory was launched in a book about 35 years ago and declared dead shortly after. Amino acids will be combined into complete proteins even if they are not eaten during the same meal, or even the same day....
    Really? Hmmm, well it's good to know, but I still need to eat those combinations...now can I ask, is this forum not supplement friendly? Cause I don't want to stir the pot.

is this forum not supplement friendly?
    'The forum' has no opinions about supplements.

Nevertheless, some of us enjoy occasionally trying to kill old myths about vegan food, like the one about vegans being more dependent on supplements than non-vegans... Many vegans (and many non-vegans) take supplements, so don't worry; you're not stirring any pots here!

Quote Korn View Post
    'The forum' has no opinions about supplements.

Nevertheless, some of us enjoy occasionally trying to kill old myths about vegan food, like the one about vegans being more dependent on supplements than non-vegans... Many vegans (and many non-vegans) take supplements, so don't worry; you're not stirring any pots here!
    Cool thanks!