Thread: Portlanders?

Default Portlanders?

Hi!
    I'm traveling around the pacific northwest this summer and I'm starting out in Portland, my dream town I'm going at the end of July
    As I am traveling alone, and for a month, I thought it'd be nice to make a contact or two out there and the only way I could think to do that would be this. If there's anyone I could talk to about places I have to see while I'm there or any advice I'd really appreciate it! I'm also hitting Washington (the rainforest area and maybe Seattle) and the either north to Canada or east to Wyoming and Montana.
    I'd love to meet another Vegan that likes to hike or just to chat with while I'm there but I know that's probably weird for most people.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Default Re: Portlanders?

new to the city & always up for vegan friendage!

hikes, bike rides (i have an extra bike), coffee shops, and pubs are my specialties.

i love portland. as do 99.9 % of the people who live here... and it shows.

oh, and its not wierd at all! vegans are automatically the coolest friendliest people around
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

Hey Tipsy!
    I like all those things too! Mostly the pubs. We're the same age too, how convenient!
    How long have you lived in Portland?
    I'm counting the days...
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

ive been living here on and off for a month... (man, the commute is killer! )

but as of tommorow night i will be a full time portlandian

send a pm and ill give you my cell number!!
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

Just want to post here again so it'll pop up and maybe catch someone's eye.
    I'm leaving in about a week. Activities I plan on doing in the area are:
    -hiking
    -biking
    -going to brew pubs
    -going to lots of great vegan restaurant
    -exploring the city on foot
    -day trips to surrounding outdoor areas
    -climbing
    -jumping out of a plane

Anyone that wants to join me in any of these activities let me know!

[quote=DiaShel;486200]-jumping out of a plane
    quote]
    Lol. I won't be in Portland (though I've always wanted to go), but I just thought this was a hilarious way of describing it.

Just another thing on the list!

Have a fab time, DiaShel - and don't forget to post all the great places you find for us!

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Just another thing on the list!
    Lol! Well have a great time! I'm sure Portland (and jumping out of a plane) will be amazing.

Hey Portlanders,

I have a friend who is a brilliant songwriter/performer who is coming to Portland from July 26th to August 6th. She needs to find shows to play--at places like coffee shops, pubs, whatever. AND SHE'S A VEGAN, TOO!

Her solo band name is Birds Fled From Me, and here's her MySpace with some music.

http://www.myspace.com/birdsfledfromme

There's some good stuff up on there, but in my opinion doesn't do full justice to how great she is live. If you know of any place that might be able to offer her a space to play, please let me know. Something like the name of a good place would be nice, but it would be even better if there's a place that you personally frequent and know would like to have someone play.

Come on, she's good people. Let's help her out. Tipsy, I'm looking in your direction!

Hey,

I am from Germany and I stay in Portland since July the 10th.. I will be here till September 6th.
    I would love it to meet other Vegans. I think it is great to know other people who are thinking in an similar way...
    I would love to hike, make a bicycle tour, exploitation tours through the city... or be part of a demonstration, a flayer action ...
    My English isn't as good as it should be so it could be that it stressful to listen to me :-/...
    It would be great if someone would answer me...