Thread: Cucumber root problems

Default Cucumber root problems

Hello all

I'm at work right now (working hard, as you see!), so I can't provide a picture until tonight, but I am growing cucumbers, zucchini, and watermelon. That's probably a bad idea because they are all related, but whatever. I've been putting minced garlic around the plants and rubbing it on the leaves and it has actually worked really well at keeping the cucumber beetles away.

But now on one of my cucumber plants (the biggest one, ironically!) the roots at the very top near the surface are kind of becoming exposed and they appear to be rotting or being eaten by something. I have searched all over Google and I can't find anything that sounds like this. I'm not sure whether it's bacterial, viral, a fungus, or caused by insects. Any ideas as to what it might be? Again, I'll post a picture ASAP as it will probably help a lot!

Thanks guys!
    Cody

Default Re: Cucumber root problems

"I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Thanks, I'll try that tonight. By the way, I love your signature. Thought me and a friend were the only people who knew the sounds of the waaahmbulance.

Here are some pictures. Notice that the other side of the same plant (I guess maybe it could be two different plants technically...?) is doing just fine and has big, green leaves. I am still gonna try what Risker pointed out.

I live in SE USA and has never been below about 60 degrees F since I planted them. Regularly it is between 70 - 90 F since I've seen this problem starting. I water the plants frequently and they receive full sun. On to the pictures! (They are about 300kb each, so they may take a second to load).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31...G_0565copy.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31...G_0567copy.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31...e/IMG_0566.jpg