Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vegannaise is so icky!!

Default Re: Vegannaise is so icky!!

It tastes so good to be so bad!

New vegan weighing on veganaise:

So I first went vegan in December. Fell off the wagon during Christmas but now I'm back and I'm trying all these news things how. Veganaise being one of them. I went shopping the other day and discovered the vegetarian section of my local Tops Market. I used to go else where to buy specifically vegan groceries but this specific Tops has an extensive vegetarian section so now my shopping can be one stop

I bought the omega-3 Veganaise (green bottle). They had another kind but I don't remember if it was the purple bottle or the blue bottle.

And for the past few days I've used it. Yesterday and the day before on burgers and today on a "bologna" sandwhich. I like it. I really do. But I don't know about this whole ambrosia sent from the gods littany, lol. I think it's because the taste of diary mayonnaise is still fresh in my mind. Clearly I do like it to have had it three days in a row. But I think it will just take some getting used to before I really enjoy it to the point that you all do.

I find I go through that with a lot of subsitition foods. I tried soy milk and yogurt before I went vegan and they took a while to get used to but again even before I went vegan I found that I preferred both soy milk and yogurt to cows milk and yogurt.

But the sandwich I had was very yummy and I do believe it was partially due to the veganaise

Whenever I see this thread I get a craving for a slice of bread w/ vegenaise on it.
    My next favorite way to eat it is alongside a pool of ketchup for dipping in oven fries.

@ vintagenarcissa, I like the reference to the ambrosia sent from the gods. Sounds right to me..LOL.

My bottle of veganaise fell and broke as I was taking it out of the fridge to make a sandwich I was able to salvage a good amount of it and store it in a plastic container. Do you think it'll be okay in there? Either way I'm going to try and finish it quickly and buy a new bottle. Think I'll try the purple lid this time.

I'm sure it will be okay in the plastic, but I hope there aren't any glass shards in there.
    I always buy the purple lid.

It seems to be okay. There was one incident where I bit into something crunchy, but it wasn't big and it hasn't happened since.

I bought the purple lid one (vegenaise has been on sale for 3.99 for the past few weeks and I just got it before it went back up to 6 something! ) But I won't use it until the vegenaise in the container is done.

The only difference I see is that the green lid seems to be a little more salty than the purple lid. Because of that I may prefer the purple lid. But other than that they're both good.

RubyDuby

crunchy??
    I've never found anything crunchy on my vegenaise. There must be some other explanation! (eww)

The only ikky vegenaise I've ever had was past it's sell by date by quite a bit, although it was still unopened.
    We bought it out of town where I don't think there's much call for vegan stuff, so should've known to check the date! It just had a gross aftertaste... kinda like warm mayo did.
    Last edited by RubyDuby; Feb 17th, 2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: forgot the word ikky!!
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

The only ones I've seen were the blue kind and the organic gold kind. My supermarket stopped carrying the blue bottle, on the organic version. The organic version is NASTY. I don't know why it's so different, but I didn't like it at all!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Yes, the one with the blue lid is genius. I just bought the organic one (gold lid) and for some reason it has more saturated fat in it than the non-organic original (blue lid). It also tastes like it has more apple cider vinegar in it, and it's not as tasty but it's still good. I've yet to try the grapeseed kind... sounds interesting. I definitely won't buy the organic kind again though.