Thread: Edmonton-vegan food

cherob

Default Edmonton-vegan food

I'm flying over to Canada (Edmonton) at the end of July for a month. I currently live in Wales and haven't been back in seven years and as I am a new-ish vegan (six weeks), I am quite anxious about what will be available in grocery stores and if there are any good health food stores to get essentials. Can I get soy milk, for example, in Safeway (closest to where I'm staying)?

Default Re: Edmonton-vegan food

Welcome back! Soymilk can be found at Safeway, Superstore, Sobeys and Co-op. Co-op has their own little 'natural foods' section but it isn't as good as a natural health food store. Also, Superstore has a whole asle of natural foods and it's by far the cheapest place to shop for those items, so if you have one close by you should check it out.
    You should pop into the Vegan Albertans thread and talk to ichyban as he travels to Edmonton frequently and would probably be able to give you a better idea.
    Have a nice stay
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. ~Oscar Wilde

Extra foods/ Super store now boats some 300 certified organic products, most of them vegan. They have a reallly tasty veggie chilli, their soy milk is good. Ummm.... kinda early here thats all i can bring to mind at the moment, i personlly just discovered humus and wow its amazing. everyone else probly allready uses it but if you havent definately check it out. As for resteraunts I'll be stopping in at one on my way thru next week and hopefully one on the way back if funds are still available after my 10 day vacation. Reviews to come

ok, i have a question about Edmonton ... is there a place where i could get a Vegan Key Lime Pie and have it delivered to someone that lives there (it's my facebook "it's complicated" thing - a very nice vegan guy that lives about 7000 km away so i can't really make him a pie for his birthday and send it there, but would like to surprise him).

so ... any tips much appreciated!
    Life is about having to change ... Taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

anyone?
    Life is about having to change ... Taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.