Thread: good veg restaurants in Cali

Default good veg restaurants in Cali

I am very excited to say that I will be heading to Cali for a week for vacation in August. I'll be at the Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf...does anyone know good restaurants that you can suggest in that area?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.~ Mahatma Ghandi

Default Re: good veg restaurants in Cali

what city? SF?
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

yep, it's on North Point St
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.~ Mahatma Ghandi

ooo lucky...how ironic that you will be at the Fisherman's Wharf...lol at least you get to hear all the wonderful sea lions <3...i've heard that the bay area is fabulous for vegans, though i havn't been there as a vegan...make sure you visit Haight and Ashbury!! lots of cute shops!!!
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

RubyDuby

never been, but love this site.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Yay! i have never been to Cali before so this will be an exciting experience for me. and i will def be checking out the shops...i LOVE shopping!! i will have to try to be extra strict with my eating and exercise before i go so i can find lots of cute clothes!

i highly reccomend herbivore

http://www.herbivorerestaurant.com/

there are three locations, all majorly accessable with public transport.
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

this site lets you search from an address & shows you nearby places.

http://www.bayareaveg.org/ug/index.htm
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

Ruby, thank you! that site gives you a lot of info.

tipsy, i did actually look at Herbivore online...it looks reeeaaally good. i am so bummed that we dont have 1/8 of the amount of options here on the east coast. at least in jersey anyway. NY and Philly maybe but still not as many.
    i may never want to leave!!

I was there recently and also stayed on North Point st, most of the restaurants nearby are touristy seafoody type places and I didn't find any places with vegan food that close but there is a Trader Joes and Safeway a few minutes walk which was handy for stocking up on snacks etc. Greens restaurant is only about 20 mins walk away, i only had the Greens to go but it was quite yummy (but didn't have as many vegan options as i'd expect from a vegetarian restaurant).
    There is also a vege mexican stall at the Ferry Building (I think only on certain days), which is also about 20 mins walk away which had some yummy vegan food. The only other veg place I went to was Lucky Creation in the city which was pretty standard veg chinese but also quite good.
    I didn't go to any of the places outside of the city, wish I had gone to Herbivore - looks yummy!

wow..i have found so many sites of places that are vegan and supposedly in that area. i didn't realize they are a bit far. i will have to keep that in mind.