Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aldi

Nikorusama

Default Re: Aldi

My mum brought me a few tins yesterday yay! Got about 4.

Well, concerning the Soy milk, I e-mailed Aldi but could only get through to their Press Office who didn't have a clue about the Soy.
    But, they gave me the phone number for Customer Services which I'm going to give a call when I get a chance - I'll leave the number for anyone else who may want to contact them about any other products : (+44) 0844 406 8800.

Aldi are currently selling Schwaben Brau beer (Das Helle and Das Schwarze). Their website states they are made using the German purity laws (which usually make beer vegan) but I am going to contact them just to confirm

i buy avocados, almonds and sunflower spread (no buttermilk) from here.
    also LIDL is good for fresh fruit and veg. done a huge shop there for £17 recently!

I was in Aldi today, they have their own version of this cereal which seems Vegan (not even an allergy warning) for £1.29:

Still trying to find out about the Soy milk - everytime I phone I'm always in a damn queue that never seems to go down!!!!
    AAAAAARGHHH!

Feel like Lister in Red Dwarf.......

Found a few products in Aldi that are potentially vegan (no milk/eggs/honey but do have mono & diglyserides of fatty acids):

I am so addicted to the Olive and Vegetable Pate X_X Later I'll have a look again, they have them back in stock every other month. Then nobody but me buys them so it lasts till the next batch comes in
    Concerning the cereal, I have the feeling almost all of them are vegan. Except some that contain hone. Very nice. Though I like my porridge more.

Talking Re: Aldi

Quote bunnyturtle View Post
    I am so addicted to the Olive and Vegetable Pate X_X Later I'll have a look again, they have them back in stock every other month. Then nobody but me buys them so it lasts till the next batch comes in
    Concerning the cereal, I have the feeling almost all of them are vegan. Except some that contain hone. Very nice. Though I like my porridge more.

I think they rely on US to buy the pates!
    In all fairness they are pretty good.
    My local store (Grimsby, England) had them reduced to 50p a couple of weeks back. Betcha can't guess what I'm surviving on for the next year or so......

Aldi have Vegan Cheese & Onion crisps! The only possible contentious ingredient is "Flavourings":

Oh my god cheese and onion crisps !!!!
    Please please let them be vegan I have aldi down road from me I have to find them crisps

[QUOTE=mchelle81;716022]Oh my god cheese and onion crisps !!!!
    Please please let them be vegan I have aldi down road from me I have to find them crisps[/QUOTE

Well I decided to get a pack and take the risk with them, as they "look" fine.
    Gotta say that they were quite nice, but after finishing them off I got pretty bad cramp, which could mean that there "is" some milk product in their at some level.
    I checked the other flavours which DO state that they have milk in the allergies section, whereas these ones don't.

I do seem to be having problems with potatos recently, possibly some kind of nightshade intolerance, so this "could" have caused the cramping.

- - - Updated - - -

If your fancying a trip down "sweetie" memory lane, Aldi now stock DOMINION "Rhubarb and Custard" and "Pear drop" sweets, for 69p a bag, and look to be vegan friendly.
    Vegetarian definitely, the "flavourings" may be a cause of concern, but they look like they are fine.
    And are pretty nice.

Looks like I'm going aldi tomorrow I absolutely loved rhubarb and custard and pear drops as a kids only thing left would be cola cubes and I would be a happy woman

Just a quick head's up to you beer drinkers out there, they now have Bateman's COMBINED HARVEST multigrain beer in stock (alc 4.7%) at £1.39 a bottle - it's a pretty pleasant pale ale which I would recommend for those out there who still miss their Newcastle Brown Ale.
    It's fruitier than the ol' dog, but still more manly than girly lagers!

EDIT : They now also have Bateman's DARK LORD in too, which is pretty darn nice too - more of a smoky flavour to it, so ideal for someone who is missing Guinness.

Does anyone know if Aldi have any vegan wine though, as I really can't be bothered to go through all of them myself checking!
    Last edited by VampireJack; Mar 12th, 2013 at 11:33 PM.

Aldi will have Granovita Pate back in stock this Sunday:http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_30318.htm

Any one else notice how the fruit and veg have gone down in quality lately? Or is it just me

I only started using Aldi regularly recently (before I just used it for certain things - primarily beer) but I have noticed that out of their products the veg is not of great quality.

I use Aldi regularly just for the fruit and veg as we have no grocery stores in my town, only supermarkets, and if I go at a certain time in the evening I can park relatively close to the door and have the shop to my self, which is probably the only reason I use the store. On thing that has amazed me recently is the price of mineral water, 6 bottles of 1.5 litters Ice Valley for £1.12p.

Quote Firestorm View Post
    I only started using Aldi regularly recently (before I just used it for certain things - primarily beer) but I have noticed that out of their products the veg is not of great quality.

It's pretty hit and miss with the veg (I remember reading that they often get the veg that the bigger supermarkets don't want).
    Sometimes their cauliflowers/broccoli are fantastic - other times you can go in and they are a little manky.
    Most of the other fruit and veg is generally pretty good though (most of the time) - and good value (aubergines are about 50p at the moment) - the only things that I do find don't last too long from there though are onions.

At the moment they have in their super 6 some really good cauliflowers (69p) and green beans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Firestorm View Post
    Aldi will have Granovita Pate back in stock this Sunday:http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_30318.htm

Time to stock up again then!!!