Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2009

Default Bristol Vegan Fayre 2009

Bristol Vegan Fayre 2009

The dates for next year’s fayre are Saturday 30th May and Sunday 31st May.

Plenty of notice to allow people to plan ahead (this includes AlisonT!)

We had a fantastic weekend there this year - so let's make this one even better.

Further announcements to follow as soon as they become available.
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Default Re: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2009

nooo way!!

whoo hoo!

better be there alison!
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

i will buy a boat and sail the atlantic ocean. maybe i'll get there in time.
    The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

I'm hoping to be able to go this year! Will be my first time there so can't wait!

http://bristol.veganfayre.co.uk/

See above link for the 2009 website. Theres still much to be added but please keep checking back . Hopefully a facebook page will be coming soon......

Trusty ol facebook eh? I've heard only good things and from lawst years photos it looks MEGA!!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=51998173349

Link to Facebook page so you can let us know you're coming.

Have just booked my hotel room. I'm so excited!

For anyone interested, the ibis is cheaper than the travelodge by about £16. That's if there's any rooms left.
    Click here
    No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.

OMGiddyAunt .... the banner for the site has Mrs Vegcurry with Stu

A word of warning: last year, photos of the BVF were posted privately on this forum for the entertainment of this forum and it's members. It now appears that Yaoh/BVF have again taken another of my photos and used it without my consent. If you intend to take any photos this year I can only suggest that you either mark them for 'private use only' or not post them to this forum unless you want them to be used without your consent.
    Last edited by vegcurry; Mar 4th, 2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Added Word Of Warning

Perhaps we should all email them and suggest they ask permission first this time around. It's not fair that those who don't want photos of themselves on there to be plastered all over the site.

I have to agree, i think it is pretty out of order. Maybe some people wouldnt mind but i certainly would if it was me.

i wouldn't be happy if any website used a photo of me/by me without permission either. you should definitely contact them and i hope you get a response.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Just a few notes on the above postings.

By entering venues such as the vegan festivals - by entering them you give your permission for photographs to be taken and for these to be used by the organisers of the event.

This is quite standard - and will be in the T's & C's of many such like events.

The second note is that people sent photos in last year to the organisers as they unfortunately did not have photographers on-site.

These pictures may have been used in the promotion of future fayres etc.

I do not believe, that the organisers would take photos off the forum. For one reason - it is illegal as the person who took the photo has legal copyright and ownership of it.

I know some people don't like certain photos of themselves - if any at all. Whenever I post 40 photos after a meet-up - they normally go down to about 25 quite quickly as I respond to various messages to delete this one and that one - because of this reason etc etc. I don't have a problem with that and respond to such wishes straight away.

As far as the vegan festivals T's & C's go you will have given your permission for photographs by buying a ticket.

There is nothing wrong with telling someone who is snapping that you don't want your photo taken, you can turn away etc - but hopefully everyone enjoys themselves at such events and want to portray their enjoyment to encourage more people to attend future events.

Quote Frank View Post
    By entering venues such as the vegan festivals - by entering them you give your permission for photographs to be taken and for these to be used by the organisers of the event.

This is implicit - and will be in the T's & C's of many such like events.
    where can we read the terms & conditions for the vegan fayres?
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote Frank View Post
    Just a few notes on the above postings.

This is implicit - and will be in the T's & C's of many such like events.

The second note is that people sent photos in last year to the organisers as they unfortunately did not have photographers on-site.

These pictures may have been used in the promotion of future fayres etc.

I do not believe, that the organisers would take photos off the forum. For one reason - it is illegal as the person who took the photo has legal copyright and ownership of it.

I know some people don't like certain photos of themselves - if any at all. Whenever I post 40 photos after a meet-up - they normally go down to about 25 quite quickly as I repsond to various messages to delete this one and that one - because of this reason etc etc. I don't have a problem with that and respond to such wishes straight away.

As far as the vegan festivals T's & C's go you will have given your permission for photographs by buying a ticket.

There is nothing wrong with telling someone who is snapping that you don't want your photo taken, you can turn away etc - but hopefully everyone enjoys themselves at such events and want to portray their enjoyment to encourage more people to attend.
    If BVF take their own photos for use on their site then fine. I certainly did not post the photos anywhere else Frank. One was used previously by Off The Hoof, Tim has now agreed to credit that photograph to myself. As you may recall, this issue raised a rumpus last year on the forum and it is a shame that BVF/Yaoh/whoever is using other people's property without their consent.

Quote Gorilla View Post
    where can we read the terms & conditions for the vegan fayres?
    I can't look right now - but this will either be on the ticket, info with the ticket and/or on their website.

it's not on their website - or if it is they've hidden it away to make it too difficult to find. i will be checking my ticket and programme when i get home (for the Brighton fayre that is - as i don't believe Bristol tickets are available yet - but i presume the T&Cs will be the same).
    Last edited by Gorilla; Mar 4th, 2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: clarification

*prepares to wear a mask if I go to BVF this year*

Quote vegcurry View Post
    If BVF take their own photos for use on their site then fine. I certainly did not post the photos anywhere else Frank. One was used previously by Off The Hoof, Tim has now agreed to credit that photograph to myself. As you may recall, this issue raised a rumpus last year on the forum and it is a shame that BVF/Yaoh/whoever is using other people's property without their consent.
    If you took a photo and did not send it in then you have a case.

You always retain copyright.

You sent some longshots to me last year as I requested photos from the Bristol fayre from everyone to pass onto the organisers and I did send those in.

Was the photo in question one of those longshots?

Someone walked off with my Hoof mag last year so I am none the wiser.

@ Frank. I'll have to get back to you on that when I'm home and can check the photo's as I'd removed them from my photobucket page.

Quote vegcurry View Post
    @ Frank. I'll have to get back to you on that when I'm home and can check the photo's as I'd removed them from my photobucket page.
    Ok bud.

Zero

If someone puts a picture of you on the internet and you want it removed you simply ask them to remove it, if they refuse you get a lawyer to send a cease and desist letter they will no doubt take it down at that point.

Frank, I really don't think that it is as cut and dry as buying a ticket gives them express permission, the law is still yet to catch up on intellectual property and photography since it went digital therefore companies and orgainisations are wise to tread carefully.

Quote Zero View Post
    Frank, I really don't think that it is as cut and dry as buying a ticket gives them express permission, the law is still yet to catch up on intellectual property and photography since it went digital therefore companies and orgainisations are wise to tread carefully.
    Nothing is cut and dry for sure.

It normally does when you have a test case that ends up in the hierachy of the courts for a ruling.

But if you except any terms and conditions - you have accepted them. That much is a fact.

Let's not detract from the fact that everyone is learning and that the organisers of the Vegan Fayres are always willing to listen to feedback - unlike many mainstream commercial outfits.

Quote Spud Addict View Post
    Have just booked my hotel room. I'm so excited!

For anyone interested, the ibis is cheaper than the travelodge by about £16. That's if there's any rooms left.
    Click here
    Thanks - just booked my room too. Just need to buy a ticket now and I am set for my second veefer meet up. the first was v small only 5 veefers there so I have great expectations for this one.

Come on Sandra - attendance required!
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

I expect I'll be camping in Bath and visiting the fayre on the Saturday as usual.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Yep, this one we're definitely attending! Already booked our room with our friend in Brizzle (last year!).
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

Quote vava View Post
    Come on Sandra - attendance required!
    Yes - come on Sandra.....

I'm determined to actually make it this year !

Anyone fancy a roomie by any chance - I get seriously freaked out staying in hotels by myself

Yeh If I ever find the bugger that posted the one of me sat on the thunderbox with me jeans around my ankles as the door fell open I will string um up .
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Stu

Well that was certainly a surprise to see my image up there. I really don't care, but I must admit it does feel a bit weird to come across it that way. I suppose they have no idea who I am, so it isn't like they could have asked me anyway. I can see how some people might have been unhappy about it though.

Oops, have you only just seen that? I saw that a few weeks ago but presumed you'd seen it when you were talking about them stealing photos.

Quote Frank View Post
    Yes - come on Sandra.....

You never know I might just turn up unexpectedly and surprise you all!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Well that's that settled then.

Attending so far:
    Sandra

Have mentioned this to a few people already, but it's my B-day on the Friday. Anybody up for coming down a day early for a pre-fayre warm-up? Few drinks, maybe a meal or something?
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Quote Gwydion View Post
    Have mentioned this to a few people already, but it's my B-day on the Friday. Anybody up for coming down a day early for a pre-fayre warm-up? Few drinks, maybe a meal or something?
    yep (if girls are allowed )

Quote Gwydion View Post
    Anybody up for coming down a day early for a pre-fayre warm-up? Few drinks, maybe a meal or something?
    Yep - I'll be there bud.

Quote scarlett View Post
    (if girls are allowed )
    What? To one of our famous, male only mad nights out? Are you mad?

Would be awesome to have you there!!

Quote Frank View Post
    Yep - I'll be there bud.
    Knew I could count on you Frank Great stuff!
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Quote Gwydion View Post
    What? To one of our famous, male only mad nights out? Are you mad?

Would be awesome to have you there!!
    why yes I am mad - slightly

Thank yooooooouuuuuu !

Quote Gwydion View Post

Attending so far:
    Sandra

If I'm not able to make it Gwydion ..........HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me! xx
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

me and jo will (sadly) only be at the fayre for one day again this year. yet to decide which.

Quote Gwydion View Post

Attending so far:
    Sandra

I shall be there on the Friday and going to the festival all day Sat, planning to head home Sat early eve as Its my Dads birthday Sunday. If Travelodge had had a sale and more £9/£19 rooms Id of booked the Sat and gone home Sun am, but not paying £61 for a room

I might regret going home Sat eve I know (wondering who the bands will be this year)

Meal and drinks sound good Fri

Quote alisont View Post
    Meal and drinks sound good Fri
    Any recommendations on where to eat?

Quote alisont View Post
    If Travelodge had had a sale and more £9/£19 rooms Id of booked the Sat and gone home Sun am, but not paying £61 for a room
    Al, the ibis had rooms for £42 if that's any good to you? Still not exactly cheap, but cheap-er.

The campsite we usually stay at costs less than £10 per night per person and there is a bus that takes you straight into the centre of Bristol for about £5 return. - http://www.campinginbath.co.uk/

i haven't decided if i'll be going to this yet, i'll have to think about it nearer the time.

There are beds available at the local YHA for £10 a night:
    https://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommod...tol/index.aspx

You can see the fayre from the door!

Frank - As ever I would urge you to stuff your face while at the fayre!
    But if you mean for the Friday eve - I would suggest you contact Squigaletta about some food up at the pub where she works:
    Its about 20 minutes walk from fayre:
    http://www.britishpubguide.com/cgi-b...ts:Bristol:167

A little bit further than Krishnas inn where I think you've been before? But as it serves both vegan food AND alchohol - I imagine it may be somewhere that people want to spend a bit of time - plus you might get to meet Squigaletta.

Also worth supporting Cafe Kino:
    http://www.cafe-kino.com/

Quote cookey View Post
    Frank... But if you mean for the Friday eve - I would suggest you contact Squigaletta about some food up at the pub where she works:
    Yes - we were looking for somewhere for Friday. Will you be up for that or preparing the fayre?

Squigs place sounds okay but she will probably get me doing 100 sit ups before I could have a pint.....

Krishna's cannot cope with a large booking, all due respect to them.

There was another place in the middle of Bristol - an Indian restaurant. Can't remember the name.

I can't look back at last years fayre because it has been deleted from the forum.

Quote Spud Addict View Post
    Al, the ibis had rooms for £42 if that's any good to you? Still not exactly cheap, but cheap-er.
    Thanks Il have a look, think Il just stay Fri and go home Sat eve for my Dads birthday but if I did stay would look for a hotel.

Quote cookey View Post
    There are beds available at the local YHA for £10 a night:
    https://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommod...tol/index.aspx

You can see the fayre from the door!

Frank - As ever I would urge you to stuff your face while at the fayre!
    But if you mean for the Friday eve - I would suggest you contact Squigaletta about some food up at the pub where she works:
    Its about 20 minutes walk from fayre:
    http://www.britishpubguide.com/cgi-b...ts:Bristol:167

A little bit further than Krishnas inn where I think you've been before? But as it serves both vegan food AND alchohol - I imagine it may be somewhere that people want to spend a bit of time - plus you might get to meet Squigaletta.

Also worth supporting Cafe Kino:
    http://www.cafe-kino.com/
    Thanks Cookey - I think Its all shared dorms there, ideal location but Id want a single/private room.

I am planning to eat lots on the Sat at the festival Cookey:smile:

Il have a look at Cafe Kino sounds good there, or a pub meal.

Quote Frank View Post
    Yes - we were looking for somewhere for Friday. Will you be up for that or preparing the fayre?

Squigs place sounds okay but she will probably get me doing 100 sit ups before I could have a pint.....

Krishna's cannot cope with a large booking, all due respect to them.

There was another place in the middle of Bristol - an Indian restaurant. Can't remember the name.

I can't look back at last years fayre because it has been deleted from the forum.
    Il have a look as got a Bristol guide here somewhere.....

Cookey meant to ask I have to check out of my hotel Sat am - do you know if there is any left luggage at Bristol temple meads station?

I really dont want to be carrying or wheeling a small case round the festival all day - my hotel does not have left luggage facilities.

I dont suppose there would be anywhere to leave it at the festival so Il try to find somewhere in Bristol.

Thanks

If you don't have any luck Alison, you can leave it in my hotel room for the day if you like