Thread: Bansky NYC Animal Rights!

Default Bansky NYC Animal Rights!

Banksy in NYC: The Village Pet Store and Charcoal Grill

Bansky is definately one of my favorite all time artists, definately of modern art. I went to check out the pet store. It was so amazing! It had such an amazing statement. Sadly I heard so many ignorant people that were clueless at what Bansky was trying to say, but on the other hand, I heard a few comments like "wow, I never want to eat that again!" really inspiration, I recommend checking out the video clip of the leopard I think you would all love it!

"Imagine a city where graffiti wasn't illegal, a city where everybody could draw wherever they liked. Where every street was awash with a million colours and little phrases. Where standing at a bus stop was never boring. A city that felt like a living breathing thing which belonged to everybody, not just the estate agents and barons of big business. Imagine a city like that and stop leaning against the wall -- it's wet." - Bansky
    Last edited by Anastazee; Oct 30th, 2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling error!
    -zee

Default Re: Bansky NYC Animal Rights!

I am a fan of his work but was disappointed that he had a real elephant for his "elephant in the room" piece. There was no need and the point made would have been the same.
    Like nearly all artists, he has his issues for me.
    I remember when he was on site back in the day, stenciling people's trucks and trailers, which was fun.
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

Default Re: Bansky NYC Animal Rights!

I'm sure they are very nice men but it makes me sick that guys like Banksy and Shepard Fairey are millionaires when the people who originated graffiti art were too unsophisticated and too dark to make a dime.