Thread: Vegan Business For Sale - Unique Opportunity

Default Vegan Business For Sale - Unique Opportunity

Vegan Business For Sale

A unique opportunity has arisen to buy a wholly owned and run Vegan Business in Birmingham.

The One Earth shop has been providing 100% vegan goods and food for over 18 years.

The owners now wish to move on with other things and would like to hand the business over around February time next year.

The One Earth shop is situated near to the City centre and there is ample local parking too.

It is situated in the Friends of the Earth building which is also home to the vegetarian/vegan Warehouse Café.

For further information please contact Tina or John on 0121 632 6909 and ask for the One Earth Shop.

Alternatively, feel free to PM me for further details.
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

treaclemine

Default Re: Vegan Business For Sale - Unique Opportunity

Thanks for passing on the news. Wow.

We're going to make sure the One Earth shop stays vegan, right peeps?

and accepts credit cards!

treaclemine

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    and accepts credit cards!
    You know that a shop needs a high enough turnover before this becomes financially viable?

Our local health food shop of about the same size has just started taking plastic and charges a surcharge for it, which I'm happy to pay. Carrying wads of cash around is a pain in the arse and there aren't any cash points nearby. The few times that I've been to the one earth shop I've had less than £10 on me, where as I may have spent £30-£40 if they'd taken plastic.

For anyone interested, the cost of getting a terminal from HSBC for a small company is £250 setup, then 2% of the transaction for credit, 25p for debit and no monthly fees:

https://hsss2.hsbc.co.uk/ukbusiness/..._structure.jsp

If you add 50p onto credit card transactions under £20 then it should more than cover the cost.

Wow. I love the One Earth Shop - although only go up there once every couple of months (although usually try to stock up and buy over £20 of food/products each time). I hope it stays a vegan store.

It is my life's ambition to do something like that...it's such a shame now is not the right time!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    Our local health food shop of about the same size has just started taking plastic and charges a surcharge for it, which I'm happy to pay. Carrying wads of cash around is a pain in the arse and there aren't any cash points nearby. The few times that I've been to the one earth shop I've had less than £10 on me, where as I may have spent £30-£40 if they'd taken plastic.

For anyone interested, the cost of getting a terminal from HSBC for a small company is £250 setup, then 2% of the transaction for credit, 25p for debit and no monthly fees:

https://hsss2.hsbc.co.uk/ukbusiness/..._structure.jsp

If you add 50p onto credit card transactions under £20 then it should more than cover the cost.
    Just to add that membership of organisations like the Federation Of Small Businesses opens the door to lower charges too... Otehr associations may operate similar schemes. The Alliance & Leicester and the Co-op bank also run reasonably cheap business accounts.

Maybe I'm a minority but I'd never go shopping with only £10 cash. I still prefer to use cash for payments. It's funny actually because I get flustered when I have to use those card pin number things in shops. I am much more relaxed paying in cash. I don't think it's hard to go to a cash machine on the High Street before going to One Earth Shop. It's only 5 mins or so walk away if you go down past the side of Marks & Spencers and through the carpark by Moor St station.

cobweb

i shop mostly with cash too, it's the way i budget, i take cash out once a week (of course i do cheat by buying extras online with my card! )

living here, still using my UK bank account, i tend to withdraw a large amount of cash in one go and put it under the matress, so to speak. i find i'm much more ocncious of how much i'm spending, and it's reminded me of how i used to handle my money when i was younger, particularly at Uni before i got a job. used to get out my weekly budget and keep it in a little safe-box under my bed.

i might actually start doing that again when i get back to the UK...it's too easy to spend a lot of money on direct debit. much more concious of how much you're spending when you have the actual paper in your hands...

amanda