Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Juice Thread

Smile The Juice Thread

As its summer here in the UK and as I have just bought a quality juicer, could anyone recommend some juicing recepes please. I bought a juice receipe book yesterday, but it would be nicer to have some recommended. Thanks in advance.

Smile

I am not very interesting coz I just like orange and pineapple!

heres sum recipes for juice and such. the combinations might give u sum ideas as to what to juice

http://vegweb.com/food/drink/

I use my juicer every day. Generally I put 2 sticks of celery, a few carrots, and perhaps a beetroot into the juicer and let it rip. Then I add a spoon of flaxseed oil. A delicious drink. Sometimes instead of celery, a large green apple. Often I add a sprig of parsley or coriander. But you'll soon find a few little variations. Congrats on your new juicer, you'll get a lot from it.

Reading on www.thejuicemaster.com/tips.php?source=fifteen
    In order to make sure that your veggie juice tastes wonderful every time just make sure ½ to ¾ of your juice is made up of either apple, carrot or tomato juice, or a combination of these.
    So I went out and bought several cabages, peppers, melons, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, grapefruit, carrots, apples, oranges, tomatoes. I'm looking forward to getting juiced up, but will use the juicer as well as normal diet, not in replacement, and will ease my body in, I guess it won't like it if I suddenly start taking in more fruit and veg just like that.

i love juice detoxes/cleanses. juicers are so great for them!

I can't see myself juicing fruits like melons, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, grapefruit, as they are surely better eaten as they are. But just the thought of chomping through carrots, celery, and beetroot makes my jaws ache! Lovely juiced though.

Just trying out the new juicer, I had a three melon juice which was really refreshing, and yesterday I had a strawberry and blueberry juice. The strawberry gives the reddish red juice you'll ever see. I know what you mean about eating the fruits though eve. Tonight might be a cabbage and carrot or apple.

Quote eve
    I can't see myself juicing fruits like melons, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, grapefruit, as they are surely better eaten as they are.
    Try strawberry/orange with some apple......!!!!

Made the mistake last night, of juicing peaches and grapefruit together. Sharp, almost cut myself. I'll maybe stick to the juice book receipes more than trial and error.

Yesterday I had a beetroot, carrott, and celery juice. A good source of folate, sodium, dietary fiber, manganese, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin K, biotin, vitamin C, vitamin B6 , vitamin B1 , amongst others.

i made a great juice the other day which is apparently a 'Blue Ribbon' smoothie - bananas, blueberries, lemon or lime juice and a little bit of soya milk. i'm also looking forward to making 'Energy in a glass' - carrots, apples and ginger.

have had a juice book for years called 'juicing for health' by caroline wheater.

here are a couple at random:

smoothie;
    1 lg orange
    1 mashed banana
    8 raspberries
    1 tsp wheatgerm

peak papaya
    1/2 papaya
    2 small pears

cucumber combo
    1/4 lg cue
    4 brocolli florets
    2 tomatoes

golden carrot
    1 sm orange
    1 sm apple
    2 lg carrots
    1/2 lime
    1/2 inch root ginger

king kiwi
    2 sm pears
    1 kiwi
    1/2 mango
    sprig of mint chopped add at the end

the book also has a section at the end on how to use the pulp generated

yum yum

saw this article on the website of my local paper, and thought it might be interesting:

http://www.thisisbrightonandhove.co....THOUGHT25.html

Smile

I also like beetroot, carrot and celery. I had one this morning as well as a wheatgrass shot. In Hawaii I had a 'salad' juice, which had everything in it like cucumber, carrot, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spinach, watercress amongst other stuff. I have really gotten into the juice thing since Hawaii. So refreshing and healthy!!!!

Yesterday was a lettuce and apple juice day. The lettuce makes not a great deal of juice, but it is the darkest green.

i also read that children and beginners to juicing should dilute their juices a bit as suddenly taking in lots of unadulterated goodnes can be a shock to the system.

cedarblue, i've been juicing for a few weeks now, sometimes its a pint in the evening, sometimes two. If its two it would've been diluted with soya or pea milk. How would I know if i've been over doing it ? I have felt a wee bit tired the last few days, but that could be the very close weather and that I did little exercise last week.

will check in wee book and get back....

Smile

Yesterday I bought me a juicer (and LOTS of fruit and vegetables!!!). This morning I concocted pink grapefruit, strawberry, apple, a sprig of parsley and a celery stalk....mmmmmmmmmmmm was delish.

Smile Juice pulp

I was just wondering, to all of you people who use a juicer, what do you do with your juice pulp? It seems a waste to chuck out all that nutrition, so I thought about mixing it into my doggy's dinner? Is this okay to do? If not, any other suggestions are welcome

Sometimes, if making a soup or even just cooking veges, I plonk it in, and with some herbs, it tastes fine. I'm sure your doggy doesn't object either.

ConsciousCuisine

You can take the pulp and create raw and dehydrated candies, loaves, breads and crackers! You can also add it to other foods that need "bulking up" and create veggie sauces, soups, gravies, and use it when cooking rice or other grains (throw it in the water). It can be used in baked loaves and breads as well!

compost?

What juicer did you get banana ?

Veganmama

Thumbs up

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    You can take the pulp and create raw and dehydrated candies, loaves, breads and crackers! !
    I would love some recipes please, i'm relativly new to dehydrating and only have one recipe book. We juice every day and would love some creative ways to you the pulp, i get sick of just eating it, but i can't afford to throw anything out

Quote Banana
    I thought about mixing it into my doggy's dinner? Is this okay to do?
    i've heard that it's ok to feed cats pulp from green veggies as "treats", so i'd imagine it's be ok to do the same with dogs (as cats tend to be more sensitive).

Vivisanctor

Talking

Quote eve
    Sometimes, if making a soup or even just cooking veges, I plonk it in, and with some herbs, it tastes fine. I'm sure your doggy doesn't object either.
    PLONK!?!!?! hahahaha

EVE-- I LOVE YOU!

Last might I juiced a bunch of carrots along with 2 yellow bell peppers and 2 red peppers which made just the best juice, giving me vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin B1, folate, biotin, potassium .......

ConsciousCuisine

Celery, Cucumber, Carrot, Beet, Ginger, Cilantro, in that order of proportion. Very cleansing!

Default Good Vegetable Juice Combinations

Does anyone have recommendations for flavorful, vitamin-rich vegetable juice combinations for a cancer patient?

Thank you!
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

ConsciousCuisine

Battling Cancer
    With Juice Fasting

Fasting will aid in the breaking down of tumors. For this reason, many have chosen this approach when faced with a diagnosis of cancer with fasting. We recommend juice fasting to rebuild the body and supply the nutrients that enable healing.

Cancer fights for the body's resources. The wasting away seen in cancer is from the cancer consuming the glucose in the blood. To battle cancer with fasting the best choice is juice fasting, including green leafy vegetables like spinach, chard, beet greens and parsley to maintain strength and support the body's immune system. This may require a fast over 14 days long alternating to a diet high in raw foods. Essiac Tea is an herbal combination proven in fighting cancer.

Buy a juicer and make green vegetable juices from kale, spinach, chard, beet greens and parsley, spinach, mixed baby greens, leeks, and lemons. Strain the juice. Drink 1/2 cup every hour. Drink Essiac Tea between the juices.

Use an enema daily. Ask you friends to pray. When faced with the decision for treatment, take time to meditate alone and pray, focusing on asking for the decision that is the right one to be made clear. Do not make decisions out of fear and family pressures.

The key to therapeutic juice fasting is to drink small amounts of low-calorie nutrition packed juice.

You will most lightly be without hunger throughout the fast, after the initial first few days.

Chemotherapy or Radiation
    If you choose to undergo chemotherapy or radiation, juice fasting or make fresh juice daily and eating a raw food diet will support the body in combating the negative effects of chemotherapy.

Juice Recipes (with spaces in between) Some fruit, some vegetable...

3 oranges
    2 hard pears
    1 small yam

2 pears
    3 pink grapefruit
    1 sweet potato

2 carrots
    1 sweet potato
    2 apples
    thin slice of Spanish onion
    pinch dulse powder

1/2 watermelon
    1 lemon
    5 oranges

3 hard pears
    1 cantaloupe
    1 sweet potato

1 grapefruit
    1 orange

2 yams
    1 beet
    1 slice onion
    2 lemons
    1 celery
    slice of ginger

1 pineapple
    1 sweet potato
    4 oranges

1 lemon
    2 radish
    1 beet
    1 slice onion
    2 sweet potato
    1 celery
    2 Tbs. cider vinegar

1 beet
    1 sweet potato
    2 apples
    1 lemon
    1 tomato
    thin slice of onion
    1 garlic clove

1 lemon
    1 orange
    3 hard pears
    3 apples

1 oranges
    1 hard pears
    1 yam
    1 grapefruit
    1 apple

3 ripe tomatoes
    1/2 green or red pepper
    1 celery stalk
    1 Tbs. Red Star Nutritional Yeast
    1/2 tsp. onion powder
    1/2 Tsp. garlic powder

1 fennel bulb
    1/2 beet with greens
    2 apples

2 tomatoes
    2 apples
    1 clove of garlic
    sprig of parsley

1 beet
    1 carrot
    1 celery stalk
    1/2 potato
    1 radish

2 apples
    1 1/4 cups of cranberries

1 wedge watermelon
    1/2 lb. red grapes

one cantaloupe
    5 ice cubes
    2 dates
    dash of cinnamon

I love:
    - apple, carrot,lemon and beetroot
    - orange and pineapple
    - pink grapefruit and orange

Wow, that's great, CC! Thank you! There's actually no hope for treatment at this point, only a miracle.

But juice and other vegan items are always a plus.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

Multi vitamin boosts

Carrots, spinach, and beetroot.

Question Winter Juicing?

Hello all!
    I am a juice addict. I have a Jack LeLane Power Juicer (yea I am an infomercial addict!!) and I litereally use it one or two times daily but with Fall and Winter approaching I am afraid it will collect dust.
    Does anyone have any good juice recipies that use fruits ect. that are in season during the winter? Most of the stuff in his book use strawberries and other spring-y summer-y produce. I usually do the juice thing for breakfast and sometimes for dinner. (On weekends I sometimes JUST have jucie and nuts, like this last one!) I find I like the fruit stuff for the breakfast and the veggie jucie for the dinner but I am open and in need of ideas!

Thanks so much
    ~Mel
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

I have my juicer going every day, but not for fruit as I prefer them au naturelle! My juicer produces lovely drinks mainly from celery, carrots, beetroot. More, or less, of any of those three, and the taste is different.
    Eve

carrot
    apple
    beets not anymore since all my juicers (3 of them) have difficulties with them.

CARROT ALONE IS THE GREATEST.

I've bought yesterday cabbage and I would like to try to make juice out of it. Have no idea if it's gonna work.
    I like Eminem - Encore

Default Does Anyone Here Do Juicing?

I juice my vegetables & drink it a 1/2 hour before lunch & a 1/2 hour prior to dinner. I do this with my "Green Star Juicer," (with twin gear's).

Do we have a special place for recipes here?

Looking forward to your responce.......

K4J

Carrots, Kale, Collards, apples, beets, lemon, lime, wheatgrass, fenugreek, etc., I love my Green Star juicer. I juice daily although when I was away on holiday it stayed at home. I missed my fresh juice.

I love my Green Star juicer! I bought it about 4 months ago. The one I had (several years ago) was crap.

thanks for you reply.

strangely enough I am sitting here with a sore shoulder after having a chunk removed only a few hours ago due to skin cancer. Which is only the most recent one done.

So now you definately have my interest in the powers of juice. If you can point me to any sites or books re juice and skin cancer I would be most happy.

Smile

Quote tim
    thanks for you reply.

strangely enough I am sitting here with a sore shoulder after having a chunk removed only a few hours ago due to skin cancer. Which is only the most recent one done.

So now you definately have my interest in the powers of juice. If you can point me to any sites or books re juice and skin cancer I would be most happy.

Tim,

I know of two great book's & of two websites that I can refer you to here:

#1. Recipes For Life From God's Garden, By Rhonda Malkmus
    Note: Her husband writes the first part of the book & there is some great pages on what ought not to be mixed together. The first part of this book tell's ya "Why The Standard American Diet Is So S.A.D. The second half of the book has various Vegan Recipes. The book is $24.95, for one.

Information on how to get this book listed below:

http://www.hacres.com

They have many great testimonial's on this website on how various people have gotten rid of their various dieseases (spell?). They also have a newsletter, I prefer the kind that ya receive in your mail box. You can order previous one's as well.

They also have many great book's listed to buy on juicing!!

Or by calling:

# 1-704-481-1700

#2. Another great Resource: "Fit For Life," By Harvey & Marilyn Diamond
    You can get this one in any book store. He tell's ya why ya shouldn't mix certain fruits & vegitables & how the Digestion System works.

I'm searching the book for their website. I know they have one & their is another similiar one, but different. So, I want to be able to supply you with the right information here.

Here is their Address:

Harvey Diamond
    P.O. Box 811
    Osprey, Florida.34229

www.fitforlifetime.com

Toll Free:
    #877-942-4492 Or # 877-215-1212

I too ended up with skin cancer & had it removed before hearing about this, but it is never too late until you are dead.

K4J

K4J: Why drink it half an hour before lunch and supper?

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Battling Cancer
    With Juice Fasting

Fasting will aid in the breaking down of tumors. For this reason, many have chosen this approach when faced with a diagnosis of cancer with fasting. We recommend juice fasting to rebuild the body and supply the nutrients that enable healing.

Cancer fights for the body's resources. The wasting away seen in cancer is from the cancer consuming the glucose in the blood. To battle cancer with fasting the best choice is juice fasting, including green leafy vegetables like spinach, chard, beet greens and parsley to maintain strength and support the body's immune system. This may require a fast over 14 days long alternating to a diet high in raw foods. Essiac Tea is an herbal combination proven in fighting cancer.

Buy a juicer and make green vegetable juices from kale, spinach, chard, beet greens and parsley, spinach, mixed baby greens, leeks, and lemons. Strain the juice. Drink 1/2 cup every hour. Drink Essiac Tea between the juices.

Use an enema daily. Ask you friends to pray. When faced with the decision for treatment, take time to meditate alone and pray, focusing on asking for the decision that is the right one to be made clear. Do not make decisions out of fear and family pressures.

The key to therapeutic juice fasting is to drink small amounts of low-calorie nutrition packed juice.

You will most lightly be without hunger throughout the fast, after the initial first few days.

Chemotherapy or Radiation
    If you choose to undergo chemotherapy or radiation, juice fasting or make fresh juice daily and eating a raw food diet will support the body in combating the negative effects of chemotherapy.

Juice Recipes (with spaces in between) Some fruit, some vegetable...

3 oranges
    2 hard pears
    1 small yam

2 pears
    3 pink grapefruit
    1 sweet potato

2 carrots
    1 sweet potato
    2 apples
    thin slice of Spanish onion
    pinch dulse powder

1/2 watermelon
    1 lemon
    5 oranges

3 hard pears
    1 cantaloupe
    1 sweet potato

1 grapefruit
    1 orange

2 yams
    1 beet
    1 slice onion
    2 lemons
    1 celery
    slice of ginger

1 pineapple
    1 sweet potato
    4 oranges

1 lemon
    2 radish
    1 beet
    1 slice onion
    2 sweet potato
    1 celery
    2 Tbs. cider vinegar

1 beet
    1 sweet potato
    2 apples
    1 lemon
    1 tomato
    thin slice of onion
    1 garlic clove

1 lemon
    1 orange
    3 hard pears
    3 apples

1 oranges
    1 hard pears
    1 yam
    1 grapefruit
    1 apple

3 ripe tomatoes
    1/2 green or red pepper
    1 celery stalk
    1 Tbs. Red Star Nutritional Yeast
    1/2 tsp. onion powder
    1/2 Tsp. garlic powder

1 fennel bulb
    1/2 beet with greens
    2 apples

2 tomatoes
    2 apples
    1 clove of garlic
    sprig of parsley

1 beet
    1 carrot
    1 celery stalk
    1/2 potato
    1 radish

2 apples
    1 1/4 cups of cranberries

1 wedge watermelon
    1/2 lb. red grapes

one cantaloupe
    5 ice cubes
    2 dates
    dash of cinnamon

Wow, looks interesting. I will have to try some of these. What can ya do to get rid of an unwanted phlegm problem? As my body, can't seem to digest it? I heard raw vegitables are good for this?

K4J

Smile

Quote Tigerlily
    K4J: Why drink it half an hour before lunch and supper?

Tigerlily,

Because that is about how long the juice takes to digest into your body's system. Actually it takes about 20 minutes or less, but I give it about a half hour.

And time wise it suits me!! I do it twice a day, although I believe that I'd be healthier if I did it more often.

K4J

This may have been posted already, but...if i cant find time to juice every day, although i know that the nutritional content of juice deteriorates by being kept, if i were to juice every other day, would i still get a reasonable amount of food value from the juice?

does anyone else juice and keep for 24/48 hours??

cedars, this is from www.ukjuicers.com
    The juice produced by centrifugal juicers (cutting blades )is of excellent quality, although the extraction process does incorporate more oxygen and therefore reduce shelf life. We would recommend that all juice is drunk as soon as it is made as this is when nutritional content is at its greatest.

Juicers using the masticating process (mangle rather than blades) which generally works at a slower speed and effectively "chews" the vegetable up, releasing more nutrients from the fibres) have been shown to produce juice with a higher nutritional content, and to incorporate less oxygen, giving a longer shelf life.
    That probably doesn't answer your question though. CC or MzNatural hopefully may be able to help. I juice n drink.

hmmm, i will juice n drink tonight, maybe soak some oats in any excess juice produced today, overnight for a soft muesli in the morn

thanks gert, i liked the ukjuicer site...any more advice anyone??

mmmmm orange, apple & carrot juice

HI, I just wanted to say 'Hi' and try this thing out. I do have one issue id like to put out there right now. Its about fruit juices..do you guys know of a list that shows which ones do and do not use gelatin for clarifying.. or even how common this is? Thanks.