Thread: Vegan backslide and back again

Cuddlemonstre

Arrow Vegan backslide and back again

Okay here is the deal.

I was vegetarian for about three years. Then I started eating meat again. I felt pretty bad about this and went all the way vegan for about three months. This was about a year ago. After those three months, I started eating all kinds of cheese and I felt disgusting and sluggish. I havent eaten meat regularly since being vegetarian but I do crave fried chicken a LOT.

I would like to be in the frame of mind that can keep me from backsliding again and ideally, being vegan for the rest of my life is an ultimate goal.

I control the cooking in my house, for the most part, because I am the only one who can cook and I do cook mostly vegan foods. So, this is not where the problem lies.

I'm having a hard time with motivation. I want to keep things strict and avoid snack and junk foods to which I seem to have a mental addiction.

I would like to know if anyone struggles with the motivation factor and if there are any tips or suggestions, that would be great.

Default Re: Vegan backslide and back again

It really depends what your original motivation for being vegan was - it may help to go back and remind yourself of your reasons.

Reading about how animals are treated when they are being used to produce meat, dairy and eggs does it for me. You could try http://www.vegansociety.com/animals/exploitation/ (you need to click the various sections on the menu at the side, bottom left) or a US equivalent.

There are also videos you can watch online - "Meet your meat" is often mentioned - but I'm afraid I can't comment on those because I'm too squeamish to watch them

Default Re: Vegan backslide and back again

what really makes things easy for me is that I was able to convert very early on any thoughts of desire for meat etc into anger. Worked brilliantly. Now whenever I walk past a butchers I really feel angry about it and eating meat is the last thing on my mind.