Thread: Viva! Veggie Roadshow, Portsmouth - 27th September 2008

Default Viva! Veggie Roadshow, Portsmouth - 27th September 2008

is anyone going to this? they need help organising the event too, see below:

Plans for our forthcoming Incredible Veggie Roadshow - to be held at The Guildhall (1st floor) in Portsmouth on Saturday 27 September - are going well but as we need a small army of volunteers to ensure the day runs smoothly, we’re still on the look-out for helpers so I hope you can help!

Available tasks are as follows:

· Leafleting (we draw at least a quarter of visitors in off the streets on the day) - 12.30-2.30pm or 2.30-4.30pm (2 people needed for each)

· Holding placard (eye catching to shoppers and helps show those that don’t know the venue the way!) – 10.30am-12.30pm, 12.30-2.30pm or 2.30-4.30pm (1 person needed for each)

· Welcome and prize draw questionnaire desk (welcoming visitors and inviting them to complete a questionnaire and enter our prize draw) - 1.30pm-4.30pm (1 person needed)

· Hot food tastings (serving a variety of hot vegan dishes using microwaves and a bain marie – guidance will be given – and distributing recipe flyers) – 10.30am-1.30pm or 1.30-4.30pm (1 person needed for each)

· Product tastings (providing visitors with a variety of vegan samples, keeping topped up and distributing food donor details) - 1.30-4.30pm (1 person needed)

· Emptying rubbish/recycling bins and ferrying washing-up items to/from kitchen – 11am-2pm (1 person needed)

There’s something for everyone and the day is upbeat and enjoyable so please join us if you can. Just let me know what you’d like to do and when and I’ll rota you in. A reminder will be sent to all volunteers 7-10 days before the event. T-shirts and aprons will also be available for helpers to wear on the day (although, please note, these need to be returned for future use).

Promotional materials available - if you can display or distribute our colourful A6 flyers or A4 posters, please let me know how many of each you’d like and where they need to be sent to and I’ll send them to you.

Do you know of any veggie-friendly places in/around Portsmouth? Yes? Then let us know and they will be included in a listing to be posted on our website and given to visitors on the day.

For further details… Visit www.viva.org.uk/portsmouth where you will find details of sponsors/stallholders and our programme of talks and demos. We’re pleased to announce that new veggie café The Greenhouse Kitchen will be providing refreshments and snacks on the day!
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

VeganLiz

Default Re: Viva! Veggie Roadshow, Portsmouth - 27th September 2008

Hi gorilla

I could help with leafletting - maybe 230-430pm or holdinga placard. May be able to rope Leon in as well!

Liz x