Thread: Vegan Treats - the best vegan bakery ever!

Default Vegan Treats - the best vegan bakery ever!

not sure if anyone has posted, but i live near the best, and i mean best vegan bakery, its called Vegan Treats. i was just wondering if anyone has been there before. Its located in Bethlehem PA, but many famous people order from there. They also ship their desserts to places in new york city. they have won tons of veggie awards, and just completely rock! their desserts not only taste fantastic, but are gorgeous! next time i go ill take pictures.
    they have the best vegan tirimisu!!
    now if there was somewhere to get dinner at first!

Default Re: Vegan Treats - the best vegan bakery ever!

ive ordered things from them.

i think... it sounds familiar, but the website looks different (& is down right now?)

may i say that they were delish.
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

i never knew of them if and when they had ordering online, but im definately addicted to them. they have anything and everything for whatever you are craving. they have a peanutbutter bomb that is chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse all in a chocolate shell, i must say, that its the most tastey dessert ive ever had, even before i went vegan. nothing compares!!

Vegan treats sounds familiar. I think Pangea carries some of their stuff.
    Manda, I would love to live near a vegan bakery...I'm jealous!

yeah but its also a dangerous thing!! i limit myself to like one trip a month even though its literally right down the road from me.
    im just learning how to bake vegan things. i made awesome lemon cupcakes last night, i was very proud of myself. delicious and pretty!

I admire your willpower. I'd be working there if I lived that close.

lol they are hiring for counter help, and im so tempted, although 3 jobs is just a bit too much for me!

I've had some of their stuff. My oldest son's firstest ever cookie was one of their's.
    Another bakery we love (got our wedding cakes there) is Hippie Chick Bakery.
    mama to Ryan (7), AJ (6), Nate (3), Maia (1), all born at home.

Hey! I grew up in that area and my parents still live there, so I visit often. There's a rocking Indian inspired place in Emmaus. I believe it's vegan ... could be just vegetarian. We went there on mother's day and stuffed ourselves stupid. I will try to remember the name of it, since that might be helpful

Krys

Last edited by Krys; Dec 23rd, 2009 at 05:01 PM.

I live fairly close to vegan treats and go there as often as possible. Their stuff is available at a place on Broad Street in Philly, too, so I've indulged in lots of their stuff over the course of my semesters in the city. More importantly than even their delectable desserts, however, is the fact that the shop dispenses vegan soft serve ice cream! As we all know, that's not exactly an easy thing to find.
    Last time I was there I had some incredibly righteous peanut butter soft serve with sprinkles and seriously contemplated sitting at the counter all day gorging myself on refills.

I had been dying to go to vegan treats for well over a year, and finally got there last weekend. Sooooo yummy.

Mocha Cheesecake

Peanut Butter Bomb

Chcolate Pb Cheesecake

We had pumpkin soft serve and a sticky pecan bun in the shop as well and the sticky bun was the best i've ever had!

BlackCats

That all looks gorgeous.

*major drool*...that all looks amazing Timberly. My husband especially loves pnb. I'd love to take a road trip there.

Quote veganwitch View Post
    I'd love to take a road trip there.
    If you can, you should! It was really cute and according to some articles on the wall the owner started her business when she was only 17. I thought that was pretty cool.

^wow, that's impressive. stories like that always make we wonder "what the hell was I doing/thinking when I was 17".

I LOVE Vegan Treats! I have never made it to the bakery in Philly but it is one of my life goals. I discovered the joys of Vegan Treats last year in NYC, when on my very first night (within an hour of arriving!) I went in search of vegan ice cream at Lula's Sweet Apothecary (if you are ever in NYC, this is a more important place to visit than the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty - you MUST go there). But this was a Monday, and when I finally found it, it was closed. Don't go on a Monday! So I found somewhere that sold Vegan Treats brownies and they are the best in the world. Just about the only thing that could compensate for lack of anticipated ice-creamy goodness. I also found a few restaurants selling their desserts during the course of my stay. This year I was lucky enough to go to DC and hunted down the place that sold their desserts - incredible raspberry cheesecake and yay, chocolate brownies! The idea of a whole bakery filled with these amazing wonders is enough to make me go weak at the knees.
    Live and let live