Thread: Lookin into the possibility of movin' to Canada

Mousee!!

Default Lookin into the possibility of movin' to Canada

just i suppose i shouldnt be hijaking other peoples threads so here goes one myself instead.
    hi, im semaus in Ireland really dosnt cut it when it comes to the availability of work in my field and er...veganism. im currently studying here in Ireland to become a Chef du Partie and working in a vegitarian resteraunt.

would people recomend me to any sites of intrest for info. i believe ireland and canada have very good relations and the metropolitan areas and im sure beyond seem to be more 'set-up' for a vegan lifestyle.
    feedback would be appriciated

Default Re: Lookin into the possability of movin' to Canada

Toronto is a really good city to live in for veganism. It's also a good place to find a vegetarian chef job since there are a lot of vegetarian/vegan restaurants and even omni restaurants with veg*n options. On the Toronto page for Craigslist.com, there always job offers for veg*n chefs.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Default Re: Lookin into the possability of movin' to Canada

Hi Seamus

I would start with this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp. I immigrated to Canada almost 7 years ago, so will happy to help you out with advice where I can, though I'm sure some of the procedures have probably changed since I went through the process.

I'm in Vancouver. It's quite vegan friendly here, with some good veg restaurants and cafes. There's an active animal rights group, and there's a branch of Earthsave here too, who heavily promote a plant based diet.

Best wishes
    Roxy

Default Re: Lookin into the possibility of movin' to Canada

I live in Ottawa, about four hours from Toronto.

I have found that where Toronto has more vegan restaurants, Ottawa has more farms and places to acquire organic vegetables.

Ottawa is like Toronto, but more small town....if that makes sense. We don't have skyscrapers (no building can be taller than the Peace Tower), and are rather...quaint. I don't know, I love Ottawa. IMHO, Toronto is scary compared to Ottawa. You cannot get lost here...everythings just there.

Plus, we have a WAY better hockey team (hehe).

Hey Seamus!
    I heard Montreal was amazing for culture and veganism but not sure how the job market is...

I'm actually thinking of studying in Dublin for the summer-- is it quite dificult to be a vegan there?
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best. ~Oscar Wilde

Quote Jasmine_tea View Post
    Hey Seamus!
    I heard Montreal was amazing for culture and veganism but not sure how the job market is...

I'm actually thinking of studying in Dublin for the summer-- is it quite dificult to be a vegan there?
    i love montreal and yes the culture aspect is wonderful.
    i first became vegan at home, in the US (new england), and ive been finding that its a bit more difficult to be vegan here in montreal. most of the same products are available, but significantly less accessible.
    i would give anything for a whole foods...