Thread: 80 mcg B12 per 100 grams barley grass juice

Default 80 mcg B12 per 100 grams barley grass juice

From http://www.florahealth.com/flora/hom...arleyGrass.asp :

Barley, Hordeum vulgare L. [Fam. Gramineae], is widely used in human foods, animal feeds and livestock forages around the world. The use of barley for food and medicinal purposes dates to antiquity. Paleobotanists place this ancient cereal grass as being cultivated as early as 7000 BC. Roman gladiators ate barley for strength and stamina. In the West, barley was first known for the grain it produces. Barley grass is rich in calcium, iron and many other minerals, all the essential amino acids, chlorophyll, flavonoids, vitamin B12, Vitamin C, plus enzymes. Green barley juice is said to contain 11 times the calcium in cows' milk, nearly 5 times the iron in spinach, 7 times the vitamin C in oranges, and 80 mg of vitamin B12 per hundred grams. Barley greens are also rich in beta-carotene, vitamins B1, B2, B6, folic acid, and pantothenic acid. As such, barley grass juice can be used to treat avitaminosis. Barley grass juice is also used medicinally to heal stomach and colon disorders, duodenal ulcers, ulcerative colitis and is an effective anti-inflammatory. A biologist named Yasuo Hotta from the University of California, La Jolla, found in barley grass a substance called P4D1. This substance not only has strong anti-inflammatory action but also was shown to repair the DNA in the cells of the body.¾ This aided in the prevention of abnormal growths, aging, and cell death.¾ He reported in a Japan Pharmacy Science Association meeting that P4D1 suppresses or cures pancreatitis, stomachitis, inflammation of the oral cavity, and dermatitis, and also lacerations of the stomach and duodenum. He found that barley juice is much stronger than steroid drugs but has fewer if any side effects. Barley grass is also extremely rich in antioxidants, including tocotrienols and one powerful antioxidant called tricin. Barley also has antiviral activity.

[Edit: This may be a misspelling in the original link, I've seen other sources claiming that the number is 80 mcg, not 80 mg.]
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

alkalinelife421

Default Re: 80 mg B12 per 100 grams barley grass juice

Quote Korn View Post

[Edit: This may be a misspelling in the original link, I've seen other sources claiming that the number is 80 mcg, not 80 mg.]
    According to the ingredient list for the barley juice powder i use, it's 1 mcg / tsp of pure barley juice powder, but i'm assuming it might vary per harvest and per growing conditions. for instance, barley grass plants that are harvested young are a lot higher in nutrients that barley grass plants that are harvested when they are old. the nutrients are more concentrated in the smaller, younger plants. plus, organic conditions and well mineralized soils have a lot to do with nutrient value.

Here's the vitamin content that I found for this barley juice powder.
    Seven Tablets or 1 Tsp. of Powder:

Vitamins

Vitamin A
    1750 iu Vitamin K
    280 mcg Vitamin C
    11 mg Vitamin E
    1.1 mcg Thiamin
    10 mcg Choline
    1 mg Riboflavin
    71 mcg Pyridoxine
    45 mcg Vitamin B-12
    1 mcg Niacin