Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Heather Mills News x 2 !

Default Heather Mills News x 2 !

The Heather Mills meets Louis Theroux TV idea! :-

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...le_1432316.php

AND...

The Heather Mills donates $1million of Vegan food to Bronx Neighbourhood story! :-

http://thecelebritycafe.com/features/20230.html

For the record, i think Heather is fantastic

Default Re: Heather Mills News x 2 !

Louis will unfortunately probably just expose her flakey side, which she surely has, because it will look more contentious and "interesting" on television.
    Good on her though with the food donation thing.
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

i have to agree, Louis Theroux's style is giving his subjects enough rope to hang themselves and then letting them make themselves look weird/stupid/etc.

gotta be a good thing with the donation, although i'm sure the media will manage to twist it to make her look bad anyway.

BlackCats

I read about the Heather Mill's donating food story. I don't know why everyone criticises her so much, I think she does a lot for animals.
    I love Louis Theroux as well though. He isn't normally mean and I hope he isn't to Heather if the interview goes ahead.
    Last edited by BlackCats; Sep 22nd, 2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Added

Quote Gorilla View Post
    Louis Theroux's style is giving his subjects enough rope to hang themselves and then letting them make themselves look weird/stupid/etc
    definitely this! but i read a comment he made about Heather that sounded like he actually liked her and that he thought the media had attacked her quite a bit, so i'm hoping he'll be nice to her.

it's not like she's a "god-hates-fags" extremist *shudders*

She is hated in this country because of a concentrated media campaign by a couple of the 'red top' rags and her daring to be critical of them and saint McCartney!
    I hope i'm wrong but the Louis Theroux thing may well reflect badly on her!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

seitan

i really like louis, BUT, remember, he is an ex vegetarian, so, chances are he WILL try his utmost to make her look stupid.

I have to admit that I am not her biggest fan but I have to give her kudos for the donation. Thats a hell of a lot of money...
    vegan and proud.

Stu

Mills announced her donation of soy hamburgers, soy hot dogs, and soy chicken cutlets just before the Hunts Point Back to School Fair kicked off Saturday afternoon.
    "My plan is to get healthy food out to kids and to get it in the service industry, get it in retail, make a fast-food chain around the world with healthy options and just keep doing my work behind the scenes," Mills, 40, told People Sunday."

"Behind the scenes." Right. Like she doesn't want any credit.

Still, yeah, she's doing a good thing. And I definitely like the idea of an international vegan fast-food chain.

seitan

Quote Stu View Post
    Mills announced her donation of soy hamburgers, soy hot dogs, and soy chicken cutlets just before the Hunts Point Back to School Fair kicked off Saturday afternoon.
    "My plan is to get healthy food out to kids and to get it in the service industry, get it in retail, make a fast-food chain around the world with healthy options and just keep doing my work behind the scenes," Mills, 40, told People Sunday."

"Behind the scenes." Right. Like she doesn't want any credit.

Still, yeah, she's doing a good thing. And I definitely like the idea of an international vegan fast-food chain.
    apparantly shes talked about the food chain thing for a while now.
    i like her, and admire her.

No don't use Louis Theroux! AHHHH! He will make her look like a crazy cat lady...not that there is anything wrong with that hehe! What alot of people don't realise (or at least the general non-vegan public) is that Paul is vegan too. Why isn't he donating vegan food to poor kids? I know he does stuff with Viva but actual direct, instant and life changing stuff? Nah screw that I'll just put my face on a few leaflets and donate some cash. I know he does good stuff elsewhere....I like Paul but people have got to realise that Heather is serious about what she is doing and people are taking the piss outta her. Just cuz she divorced an EX Beatle and got some cash outta it...isn't that what happens in all divorces and atleast she isn't sitting on her arse eating expensive vegan cake ay? I like her and think she is desperate for good publicity......but Louis? His shit normally makes me laugh!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

I don't even know who Louis Theroux is. BUT I think Heather has done a really great thing here

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    No don't use Louis Theroux! AHHHH! He will make her look like a crazy cat lady...not that there is anything wrong with that hehe! makes
    There certainly isn't!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Trust you lol!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

LOL, as said many times already, Louis Theroux is the wrong person to use to try and fix your image. It'll make great TV though, Louis Theroux is always great TV
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

I thought this was one of the more balanced pieces about her.

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    What alot of people don't realise (or at least the general non-vegan public) is that Paul is vegan too.
    i thought he was still veggie.

BlackCats

Quote horselesspaul View Post
    I thought this was one of the more balanced pieces about her.
    I remember my Mum told me that it seemed like the public really did not like Linda McCartney when she was first dating Paul McCartney and that the public view of her had really changed over time.

Over time, Linda nearly even learned to sing and play the keyboards. Nearly.

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    What alot of people don't realise (or at least the general non-vegan public) is that Paul is vegan too.
    There's very little evidence to suggest that he's vegan and plenty to say that he's vegetarian. In every interview I've seen/heard about him where the subject comes up he mentions his vegetarianism with no mention of veganism. He's a patron of the Vegetarian Society.
    http://www.vegsoc.org/patrons/index.html
    If he were vegan the Vegan Society would probably make a big thing out of it and would love him to be a patron, or at the very least interview him for The Vegan magazine. Paul's mentioned that his son James is vegan but I don't think you'll find anything where he's quoted as saying that he is.

BlackCats

Over time, Linda nearly even learned to sing and play the keyboards. Nearly.
    I saw a clip of her singing once, I shouldn't laugh really. She made her name a household name for vegetarian food though so good on her. Maybe Heather Mills will gain her popularity one day too. I don't know why the media has to be so vindictive with certain people.

I didn't think Paul McCarthney was vegan either, I have only heard of him being vegetarian and there was a big fuss about him feeding his dog a veggie diet a while back.

seitan

Quote Gorilla View Post
    i thought he was still veggie.
    he is. despite working with viva, he is not vegan, and is a bit of an asshole from what iver heard (my wife used to work at viva).

He's also dating a fur hag.

I assumed he was vegan because Heather said in an interview once that he had led her down the vegan path. He's dating a fur hag? Fucking hell bet his AR orgs ain't happy about that...but then again if he has anything to do with PETA they will just give him a pat on the back! At least he doesn't wear fur right?

Quote seitan View Post
    he is. despite working with viva, he is not vegan, and is a bit of an asshole from what iver heard (my wife used to work at viva).
    I know many people who have worked with him musically who say he's a consummate professional. Probably just a c0ck in his personal life.

Mahk

I think the British press has demonized poor Heather. Is she perfect? No. But they are quick to launch a huge attack over any little thing she does. I feel sorry for her. Her crime? She had the audacity to divorce a Beatle. How dare she!? And look, she's expecting money in the settlement too! Bah, that gold digger, never loved him, just wanted his money!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know there wasn't even a single negative article about her prior to the talk of the separation/divorce.

Oh no, loads of negative articles from the minute they got together - and even before then. She's not a well-liked person in the tabloids. Mind you, for all the great things she does, she doesn't help herself sometimes. If you know that the press are out to gun you down, no point handing them round after round of ammunition...

Mahk

I guess I'm nearsighted because she got very little coverage here in the states prior to the break up.

Did they hate Linda too? That's totally news to me although her having been less than a stellar musician was spoken of over here too. There used to be a bad joke here: Question: "Name a dog with wings." Answer: "Linda McCartney" [You didn't hear that from me, BTW.]

Heather has been talking b0ll0cks about her life since her days as a glamour model and after her 'accident'. I just don't think she thought it mattered. It made perfect ammunition for the press when they wanted to use it.

cobweb

Heather has been talking b0ll0cks about her life since her days as a glamour model and after her 'accident'. I just don't think she thought it mattered. It made perfect ammunition for the press when they wanted to use it.

agreed, she does do some good campaign work but she's a bit (*ahem*) erratic.

seitan

Quote Mahk View Post
    I think the British press has demonized poor Heather. Is she perfect? No. But they are quick to launch a huge attack over any little thing she does. I feel sorry for her. Her crime? She had the audacity to divorce a Beatle. How dare she!? And look, she's expecting money in the settlement too! Bah, that gold digger, never loved him, just wanted his money!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know there wasn't even a single negative article about her prior to the talk of the separation/divorce.
    good post. it always baffles me how vegans like to join in putting her down.
    why do people believe all that media crap all the time????

seitan

i really dont care about her past, with or without him, what i care about is her NOW. she is doing a really good job for animals.
    thats important fro me, maybe not for others here.

Mahk

Heather has been talking b0ll0cks about her life since her days as a glamour model and after her 'accident'.
    Paul, why did you put the word accident in quotes?

Quote Mahk View Post
    Paul, why did you put the word accident in quotes?
    I think careless driving* by the police doesn't equate to an "accident". I have the same problem with other road traffic collisions. They are nearly always someone's fault.

*Despite the officer being bizarrely cleared in a court of law.

Paul, I dont think the police use the term accident anymore, they are collisions or incidents these days. As you say there is always blame.
    I dont get crunchy people?

Quote veganbikerboy View Post
    Paul, I dont think the police use the term accident anymore, they are collisions or incidents these days. As you say there is always blame.
    Yes, you're right Jamie. I think it's entirely appropriate.

I forgot to say, its NEVER the motorcyclists fault
    I dont get crunchy people?

My daughters's boyfriend had a motorcycle 'incident' yesterday and it was definitely NOT his fault.
    Luckily he wasn't badly hurt, he just has a badly bruised hand.
    Sorry, you two have waylaid me...............this has nothing to do with this thread but I thought it was appropriate to what you were discussing.

Just want to say: I am not a Beatles fan, and I certainly don’t buy into the whole ‘Saint McCartney’ thing.

BUT...

...I honestly believe that Heather Mills is the scum of the earth.

Seriously, I feel that strongly about it. She is one of those deplorable people who do charity work – not for the sake of doing a good deed – but for the kudos it brings them. Her veganism is merely an extension of this ‘ooh, get me!’ attitude. If she went about her business quietly, I might believe her when she bleats on about all the all the hard work she does for her ‘charridies’, but the woman complains about the press interest in her, then jumps at any opportunity presented to get her ugly mug on tv! She’s a vain, deluded self-publicist who only cares about animal rights and veganism in as much as it gets her attention. Make no mistake – if she thought that it would make the public love her as much as they love Paul, she would run through times square naked with a fur stole draped around her shoulders eating a ham sandwich.

Quote Edeline View Post
    Just want to say: I am not a Beatles fan, and I certainly don’t buy into the whole ‘Saint McCartney’ thing.

BUT...

...I honestly believe that Heather Mills is the scum of the earth.

Seriously, I feel that strongly about it. She is one of those deplorable people who do charity work – not for the sake of doing a good deed – but for the kudos it brings them. Her veganism is merely an extension of this ‘ooh, get me!’ attitude. If she went about her business quietly, I might believe her when she bleats on about all the all the hard work she does for her ‘charridies’, but the woman complains about the press interest in her, then jumps at any opportunity presented to get her ugly mug on tv! She’s a vain, deluded self-publicist who only cares about animal rights and veganism in as much as it gets her attention. Make no mistake – if she thought that it would make the public love her as much as they love Paul, she would run through times square naked with a fur stole draped around her shoulders eating a ham sandwich.
    Name me a celebrity who does 'charidee' work that isn't?

I don't agree Edeline..........sorry!

she has been doing charity work for 20 years but i hadnt heard of her until she married that woss is name. Mind you I am not much of a telly watcher perhaps that is why?
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

Quote vava View Post
    she has been doing charity work for 20 years but i hadnt heard of her until she married that woss is name. Mind you I am not much of a telly watcher perhaps that is why?
    I actually remember when the police bike hit her and she lost her leg, it was a reasonably big news story due to the police involvement!
    She was doing quite a bit of aid work for the war in Croatia at the time, it was reported, and then set up an aid charity with the compensation and story money. I just thought then that she didn't need to do that, many wouldn't.
    Then i forgot about her till all the saint Paul s**t!

cobweb

yes, although there's something a bit sort of odd about her she has been doing charity work for ages and i think she's genuine about being vegan.

Stu

[Edited]
    Last edited by Stu; Sep 25th, 2008 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Sounded like a pillock.

sorry no time for heather 'gold digger' mills and her PR spins. the message she is portraying is good, but her reasons for doing it are selfish.
    k thx bai

I couldn't really give a shit what she does in her personal life - her loss of a leg and love life and divorce are really none of my business.

I don't bother reading gossip rags either because I'm not really interested in what's printed in there.

But I am really glad that she's out there working for the animals and bringing veganism into the news :smile:

^+1
    I've never met the girl. For all we know, she could have never existed.

Quote Manimal View Post
    sorry no time for heather 'gold digger' mills and her PR spins. the message she is portraying is good, but her reasons for doing it are selfish.
    You obviously never saw one of the most concentrated PR hate campaigns i've ever seen waged against someone in this country by the 'red tops', i'm actually surprised she survivied it with as few mental problems as she seems to have. Her 'positive' PR spin is nothing in comparison.

And you could argue that any act is ever so slightly self motivated? Whether for personal gain or just to ease our conscience and guilt?
    Anyway, i think she genuinely believes in what she's doing right now and that is all that really matters. Whether she is still vegan in 10 years time, i have my doubts, but if she's done some good in that time i'll let her off, lol!

Bloody awful woman! Personally I'm quite embarrassed that she seems to be the public face of veganism in the UK.

Rightly or wrongly, Mills is arguably the most unpopular woman in the country at the present time, so any AR/vegan campaigns involving her will automatically be dismissed by the vast majority. I struggle to understand why Viva seems to believe that having a public hate figure as their chief celeb spokesperson is going to do them any favours.

Maybe she's a lovely person who is 100% committed to veganism & won't sell out as soon as the cameras disappear, but if AR groups want to play the media game then they need to wise up.