Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Heather Mills News x 2 !

Default Re: Heather Mills News x 2 !

i'm going to suggest it on one of the other days for the people making a weekend of it, thanks for reminding me.

cobweb

s'ok
    (wish i could join you!)

Buddha Belly

Quote Gorilla View Post
    as i said before, it looks like they're aiming for 1st July.

I noticed and asked Helen to edit my post as she was looking at it and did nothing at all.

i have heard that V-Bites is having a launch party next Saturday 4th July and it will be open from 12.00 until 10.00pm.

Quote Mahk View Post
    How dare she buy a building yet not immediately hire the previous employees who worked in it (she's never interviewed) for her new different business!

How dare she attempt to save money and not over pay; remember how much money she got in the divorce? That's how we determine the price of goods and property for divorced women, not the intrinsic value of the goods or property!

"Former owner Nick Short said about the price fall: 'I have been well and truly worked over by Heather.'

How dare she negotiate for a good price. Women in business ventures? Next thing you know homosexuals will be allowed to do this sort of thing!

[My entire post was sarcastic, just to be sure people understand. The way that "newspaper" article was written was offensive. I didn't bother reading the comments.]
    Hahaha, i love yer naivety some times Mahk.
    I was laughing all the way though yer post and you went and ruined it at the end by actually explaining you were being sarcastic in case someone took offence!

Anyway..........Heather Mills!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

This is so exciting, I'm working out the best cycle route to get there as we speak.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Just dropping by to say that Heather has bought Redwoods Foods. I learned this during a trip to VBites at 10pm last night. Unfortunately they had run out of food and any beer that didn't have cherry or strawberry in it and the coffee machine was off.
    First day teething troubles no doubt. Heather was busy with press and friends but seemed pleased with the turnout and reaction. I shall return there tomorrow and actually try the wares..
    She is keen on finding a good 'cheese' and 'mayo' so I suggested her talking to Follow Your Heart in California who make Vegenaise and all the best 'cheeses', imo, to see if a UK/European distribution deal was on..

Peas, Love, Unity.

x
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

Thank you for your report, horselesspaul Keep us updated!
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

Quote horselesspaul View Post
    Just dropping by to say that Heather has bought Redwoods Foods. I learned this during a trip to VBites at 10pm last night. Unfortunately they had run out of food and any beer that didn't have cherry or strawberry in it and the coffee machine was off.
    First day teething troubles no doubt. Heather was busy with press and friends but seemed pleased with the turnout and reaction. I shall return there tomorrow and actually try the wares..
    She is keen on finding a good 'cheese' and 'mayo' so I suggested her talking to Follow Your Heart in California who make Vegenaise and all the best 'cheeses', imo, to see if a UK/European distribution deal was on..

Peas, Love, Unity.

x
    Good to see Pauls money getting used well! Better Heather having it than him!

I noticed all her fake meats and cheeses were Redwoods, and she's selling them labelled VBites. Are you saying she's bought out the company?
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

Quote Pob View Post
    I noticed all her fake meats and cheeses were Redwoods, and she's selling them labelled VBites. Are you saying she's bought out the company?
    Yes, so I understand.

*live*&*let*live

^OMG^ Wonder if the prices will stay the same?

Get my monthly delivery from them direct so hopefully things will stay the same. I have to have my fix of rashers!

cobweb

good for Heather!

Mahk

http://www.vbites.com/index.php

On her twitter page she says:

"Wow wow wow 3000 table covers for Vegan yummy good a huge success hxxx"

-from mobile device

I assume that means 3000 guests? That's not common usage in Americanglish. We do use the term "cover charge", however, meaning a per customer fee.

Quote Mahk View Post
    http://www.vbites.com/index.php

On her twitter page she says:

"Wow wow wow 3000 table covers for Vegan yummy good a huge success hxxx"

-from mobile device

I assume that means 3000 guests? That's not common usage in Americanglish. We do use the term "cover charge", however, meaning a per customer fee.

Yeh, 'covers' is a common term used in restaurants for how many meals have been served!

50 people served = 50 covers kinda thing!

Yes, a cover is a guest.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

*live*&*let*live

Yay! Although it's not unusual (to be loved by anyone badadadaaaaaa!) to have a full house at any restaurant on an opening night, especially when its a 'celebrity' restaurant. I hope it continues though for her!

Quote cobweb View Post
    good for Heather!
    Indeed. Most of the press (Mail on Sunday, Evening Argus) was about her gold-digging, her missing leg, random people in random photos looking like they wanted to go to McDonald's because they were making faces in the bright sun and changing the Café's fish-n-chippy-working-class client base for the worse. W*nkers. She can't do anything right.

Quote *live*&*let*live View Post
    ^OMG^ Wonder if the prices will stay the same?
    If her restaurant prices are anything by which to go the prices may actually reduce..

*live*&*let*live

Can you give us an example of what is on the menu and at what prices please Horse? :smile:

The menu is on the VBites website.

http://www.vbites.com/menus.php

*live*&*let*live

Thanks for that Enchantress, I looked the other day but it was pre opening and there was no menu only details of private parties etc.

*live*&*let*live

The menu looks so cheap to say it's in Brighton! I love it down there so must go for a trip! It looks as though it was right about Redwoods if you look at the 'shop' page it lists several products that suspiciously look like Redwoods packaging but with V-Bites logo! Same price though at least.

Mahk

Quote horselesspaul View Post
    Indeed. Most of the press (Mail on Sunday, Evening Argus) was about her gold-digging,..
    Interestingly, in an interview/article in the magazine Vanity Fair [I'm not sure if that's well known on the other side of the pond but it's well known here], while the two of them were still quite happily married, she revealed that a pre-nuptial agreement was offered prior to the marriage however the other party refused. The party that refused was Paul who has never refuted that story to this day.

Wait, I thought the walrus was Paul.

*live*&*let*live

Yes, Vanity Fair is well known over here too!

Quote Mahk View Post
    she revealed that a pre-nuptial agreement was offered prior to the marriage however the other party refused. The party that refused was Paul who has never refuted that story to this day.
    But he's a former Beatle and all round nice guy and a source of much work for journalists everywhere so this fact must be ignored at all costs.
    Now, more about her missing leg and nude modelling and wacky animal rights views...

Going to VBites for a light supper after football tonight in a park opposite and hopefully a chat with Ms Mills about the things I mentioned above.

Not really surprising they ran out of food if they've really had 3000 people in already. Please let us know how you get on this evening, hp.

The menu does look a bit Redwood-oriented but they have non-fake stuff as well don't they?

talknerdytome

I want one in Exeter! The menu looks really good, some fakery there but that's ok.

I feel sorry for Heather, people will always hate her even when she's doing something good.

i had no idea she's bought Redwoods it'll be interesting to see what happens with that. better distribution would be a good start.

the menu does all seem a bit fake meat-based which probably won't go down too well with non-veg*ns but i'm going to try and get there this weekend to see what it's like. 3000 customers on the first day is unbelievable!

Quote Gorilla View Post
    i had no idea she's bought Redwoods it'll be interesting to see what happens with that. better distribution would be a good start.

the menu does all seem a bit fake meat-based which probably won't go down too well with non-veg*ns but i'm going to try and get there this weekend to see what it's like. 3000 customers on the first day is unbelievable!
    I always found that's the kinda thing non vegans want????
    Saves them having to 'stray' too much, lol!

in my experience non-veg*ns just complain that meat substitutes don't taste like 'the real thing'. many veg*ns like them because they don't have the memory of meat still as fresh in their memories, but meat-eaters make the comparison much more and most of the time find the substitutes unpleasant, because they'll never be exactly the same.

since going veg*n the meat subs i think are most meat-like still can't convince the omnis.

cobweb

I really want to go to that restaurant............

Mahk

IIRC she's said in interviews that she's well aware that the vast majority of her clientèle is going to be (at least initially) non-vegan, so in an attempt to stay profitable she obviously has to address their wants/desires as her number one priority or her business is doomed.

Omnis are like picky, fussy children; getting them to try totally unfamiliar foods is an uphill battle compared to trying to acclimatise them to this new cuisine gradually by making foods that at least resemble things they are already accustomed to.

Her menu is not designed to cater to us vegans, that's secondary, it's designed to keep her in business and has to therefor address the majority.

Got a reply to email about Magners not being vegan:

Quote Me
    I noticed you will be stocking Magners cider. Last feedback I saw was that they use non-vegan finings.

Sam Smith's or Weston's make vegan cider, and would be a better choice.

Hope to be there on the opening day!
    Quote VBites
    Dear Rob,

Thank you for your email and for your info on Magners cider. It is already taken out of our list.
    Thank you for your concern and hope to see you soon in our cafe.
    Kind regards,

VBites Team
    It's still listed on the web site menu, though.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

Quote Gorilla View Post
    in my experience non-veg*ns just complain that meat substitutes don't taste like 'the real thing'.
    Mine too, and furthermore it often makes them say rude things about vegan food generally, as if it consisted entirely of meat substitutes. (In addition, it makes them start going on about how they can't see why veg*ns want to eat that sort of thing seeing they don't approve of meat ) Aargh. Still, perhaps the Brightonian punters are a bit more enlightened.

Quote Pob View Post
    Got a reply to email about Magners not being vegan:
    Haha. They must love us! We pointed it out on the opening night and again in a feedback mail on their site...

Are you sure she has Bought 'Redwood Foods' rather than bought (Brought in!) Redwood Foods!...

I ended up as only a reserve for the BBC's 'The Restaurant' (Yes! There was almost an Ethical Vegan Restaurant on it!!! But its Realty TV Remember, not Ethical TV! and currently filming the next series without us!) So as a potential Restauranteur I've been keeping my eye on suppliers and such for more than a few months!!!

I remember having a chat with the Director of Redwoods a while back I'm sure they wouldn't sell the company to Heather (or keep it very, very, very quiet if they did!)

Let's give credit where credit is due - it's looks awesome! I can see myself spending a whole night there eating and drinking... they have a bar and everything!
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Quote kriz View Post
    Let's give credit where credit is due - it's looks awesome! I can see myself spending a whole night there eating and drinking... they have a bar and everything!
    Yeh! very very good! and the media is catching on a little!... but the menu seems only a little more than a wild trip down to Holland and Barratt! bit better than wot yer supermarkets serve up iz suppose!

Quote Mahk View Post

Omnis are like picky, fussy children; getting them to try totally unfamiliar foods is an uphill battle compared to trying to acclimatise them to this new cuisine gradually by making foods that at least resemble things they are already accustomed to.
    On another forum, an omni commenter started banging on about how "nowadays we have the technology to have a rounded diet without meat..." (emphasis and emoticon mine).

Haven't they ever heard of Jainism? The millions of people who have been vegetarian as a matter of belief/culture for generations, and are doing just fine without it thankyouverymuch?

/somewhat OT rant

I swear, some omnis must think vegematarians live on faux-meat, vitamin supplements and and lettuce!
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies so close... you're almost kissing."

Quote imothepixie View Post
    Are you sure she has Bought 'Redwood Foods' rather than bought (Brought in!) Redwood Foods!...
    I was told by the bar manager at VBites, a long-standing and intelligent vegan woman, that Ms Mills has indeed very recently bought the Redwoods Foods company. I can only report it as I am told it.

I thought the menu was just about right for the proposed clientele and the aim of the brand, as it goes.

Quote buttons View Post
    On another forum, an omni commenter started banging on about how "nowadays we have the technology to have a rounded diet without meat..." (emphasis and emoticon mine).

Haven't they ever heard of Jainism? The millions of people who have been vegetarian as a matter of belief/culture for generations, and are doing just fine without it thankyouverymuch?

/somewhat OT rant

I swear, some omnis must think vegematarians live on faux-meat, vitamin supplements and and lettuce!
    There's no fancy technology needed for a vegan diet... Fruit, vegetables, and beans is not "frankenstein food", it's something we always had available to us. And it's not like meat production and processing doesn't need any technology, right?
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Heather's just been on This Morning talking about veganism . She did a couple of recipes & said a little about the damage that the meat & dairy industries do to the world.

This is great for veganism but as a vegan already I'm not sure I see the appeal of paying for someone else to cook Redwoods foods. I'll obviously take a look, hopefully there will be other food options worth having.

My friends went into Vbites twice at the weekend and said it was still busy but serving warm beer (with ice) and running out of things like cake.
    Hope they get better at keeping up with demand.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote Marrers View Post
    This is great for veganism but as a vegan already I'm not sure I see the appeal of paying for someone else to cook Redwoods foods. I'll obviously take a look, hopefully there will be other food options worth having.

My friends went into Vbites twice at the weekend and said it was still busy but serving warm beer (with ice) and running out of things like cake.
    Hope they get better at keeping up with demand.
    Hahaha, you got a point there!

Well from looking at the menu they do have other stuff available (pasta, korma, sandwiches, tacos) so I suppose I'm being a bit unfair!

I will definitely try it.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote Marrers View Post
    Well from looking at the menu they do have other stuff available (pasta, korma, sandwiches, tacos) so I suppose I'm being a bit unfair!

I will definitely try it.
    You're right though. If i was buying a hot roll from a van for example id not be bothered if it was Redwoods, but if i was in a sit down restaurant i'd be kinda disappointed at paying 5x the price! But then, i'm Scottish

Quote bexi View Post
    Heather's just been on This Morning talking about veganism . She did a couple of recipes & said a little about the damage that the meat & dairy industries do to the world.
    I saw that too Bexi!

I was delighted to hear Philip and Fern both say the food she made was delicious. The things she said about the damage the meat and dairy industries do to the world seemed to have an effect on Fern and Philip too.
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

cobweb

when we move down South i'm making a beeline for this restaurant!

I'd love to visit it too Cobweb!

I think what she is doing is wonderful and to see her on This Morning has really made my day!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

leedsveg

Quote cobweb View Post
    when we move down South i'm making a beeline for this restaurant!
    Will she be there in the kitchen with a pinny on, cooking? We twice went into Moby's cafe in NY City, 'Teany', four years ago, and never saw the bald-headed vegan pop star. What a swizz. I understand he's now sold his share of the business to his ex.