Thread: moneysavingexpert.com

Default moneysavingexpert.com

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php

i've recently been made aware of this UK website.

it features lots of different sections with advice on all different topics including forums for free offers from supermarkets, high street stores, vouchers off things and more money saving ideas.

i'm finding the 'shopping spending' section really useful and infirmative.

BlackCats

Default Re: moneysavingexpert.com

I found that site very helpful, I looked on it when I was trying to get rid of my credit card debt and it worked! I don't look at it that much anymore but it has lots of great frugal tips.

i've just been checking out the christmas supermarket saving stamps bonus idea and other bits and bobs.

I go on the website now and then, i usually go on it a lot around christmas to find all the bargain toys for the kids Saved quite a bit last year.

i've been on that site on-and-off for about 5 years now - blooming love it.

I went on it a while back, but it makes me feel guilty that I spend so much on non essentials, so I only generally go when I want to give myself a kick in the pants and be more frugal

It is useful for lots of different things though. I found the forums quite inspiring in that there were all these people who had run up big debts but were steadily paying them off and empowering themselves
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

BlackCats

Quote twinkle View Post
    I found the forums quite inspiring in that there were all these people who had run up big debts but were steadily paying them off and empowering themselves
    I found it inspiring as well. Also, this probably sounds nasty, but reading their stories made me feel better about my debt when I had it. My money problems were nothing compared to some people on the forum.

Stu

Maybe this website is responsible for the credit crunch.

Only joking.

There is a thread there asking if anyone rears their own animals for food- the answers are typical - the majority say they couldn't eat animals they had raised themselves because they would have an emotional attachment to them but shop bought ones were fine - eejits. grr.
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08