Thread: Green and global fun day - Aldershot

Default Green and global fun day - Aldershot

I went to the green and global fun day here in Aldershot today and it was great fun! They had all sorts of information on recycling, wildlife and saving energy.

I was really surprised to find there was no vegan society stand. I went wearing my vegan society t-shirt that says "vegans have small eco footprints" on the front and "how big is yours?" on the back, and people kept asking me if I was from the vegan society and where the stall was! I did get into a very interesting chat with a woman when I signed some petitions to improve conditions for farm animals because she spotted my t-shirt. Turned out she was vegetarian and loves cheese so I told her how I used to be totally hooked on cheese and that I've never looked back. She seemed really pleased because I think she'd had people arguing with her all day, poor lady.

Did anyone else go? Has anyone else been to similar local events around the country? Is face paint vegan?!

whippet

Default Re: Green and global fun day - Aldershot

I've been to silimar events around here, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be something that the vegan society is getting involved with, so it's totally up to local groups to organise their own stands. I've helped out with a couple in the past and the feedback has always been really positive.