Thread: Multiple quotes in posts

Default Multiple quotes in posts

Is there an easy way to put quotes from different posts in a new post?

Or... how do I do it full stop?

Come on Korn, you're the multiple quote man... spill the beans!!!

(Thanks!)

Default Re: Multiple quotes in posts

This would be good to know. I've tried a few times but haven't been able to figure it out.

Quote fiamma View Post
    Is there an easy way to put quotes from different posts in a new post?

Or... how do I do it full stop?

Come on Korn, you're the multiple quote man... spill the beans!!!

(Thanks!)
    Quote veganwitch View Post
    This would be good to know. I've tried a few times but haven't been able to figure it out.
    The way I do it is to use the MQ button (next to the quote one) for the first few posts I want to use from different threads, and then the quote button for the last quote I want to use. If you're using posts from different threads it will state under the text box that "you have selected posts that are not part of this thread - do you wish to quote these posts as well" (or something like that) - and you just click on that and it will show them all.
    Hope that makes some sort of sense - I haven't explained it very well I'm sure someone else will explain it much more clearly

^ Reading that back, my goodness that sounds like gibberish ! Waits for someone that can speak English to come along

Quote scarlett View Post
    The way I do it is to use the MQ button (next to the quote one) for the first few posts I want to use from different threads, and then the quote button for the last quote I want to use. If you're using posts from different threads it will state under the text box that "you have selected posts that are not part of this thread - do you wish to quote these posts as well" (or something like that) - and you just click on that and it will show them all.
    Hope that makes some sort of sense - I haven't explained it very well I'm sure someone else will explain it much more clearly
    LOL...Scarlett I read this and was thinking you have to talk slower. My problem is I am pretty much computer illiterate. I'm not saying that's Fiamma's problem. She seems much more saavy.

But thanks, I will read through your directions very slowly and give it a go.

Taken from the FAQ: (makes much more sense)

If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button . This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

(you can take them from multiple threads too)

^ really Scarlett, it's me not you

Quote scarlett View Post
    ^ Reading that back, my goodness that sounds like gibberish ! Waits for someone that can speak English to come along
    LOL...Scarlett I read this and was thinking you have to talk slower. My problem is I am pretty much computer illiterate. I'm not saying that's Fiamma's problem. She seems much more saavy.

But thanks, I will read through your directions very slowly and give it a go.
    Quote scarlett View Post
    Taken from the FAQ: (makes much more sense)

If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button . This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

(you can take them from multiple threads too)
    ^ really Scarlett, it's me not you
    To quote the Scissor Sisters... Ta Dah!!!!! Thank you scarlett, I understand now!!! *does little victory dance*

see? Fiamma is definitely more saavy than me!

cobweb

doh.............
    (i still don't get it!)

Scarlett is right...

1) Press the MultiQuote button for each post you want to quote
    2) When you have pressed the MultiQuote button for all the posts you want to respond to, click Post Reply.

Now, all the posts you have selected (by clicking their MultiQuote buttons) will automatically appear at the beginning of your reply...

PS - the MultiQuote button may have different look than the one Scarlett showed, depending on which 'Skin'/'Style' you have chosen...

Here's another MultiQuote button (they always appear at the lower, right part of the post ):

cobweb

when i do it nothing happens............

I know what you mean cobweb, I thought the same.

Find the post you want to quote from and click on MQ (the button is inside the post itself). It will appear darker, but nothing else will happen.

Do the same for the other posts you want to quote from.

Now click on "post reply" (outside the posts, underneath), and you'll get the message window containing all the posts you wanted to include...

Is that a bit clearer?

cobweb

Quote Korn View Post
    PS - the MultiQuote button may have different look than the one Scarlett showed, depending on which 'Skin'/'Style' you have chosen...

Here's another MultiQuote button (they always appear at the lower, right part of the post ):

Quote cobweb View Post
    when i do it nothing happens............

jinkies, i have it!
    you know where i was going wrong - using the 'post quick reply' button (which i normally use) after pressing on the MQ one .