Thread: Today i'm thinking of making...

Default Today i'm thinking of making...

what are you making today?

I'm thinking of making chocolate peanut butter cookies, which was the first vegan thing i ever baked, and came from a recipe on this site somewhere. i'm really bad with measures...it's basically oil, cocopowder, soya milk, peanut butter, flour, oats and raisin.

they taste AWESOME. i'm having people over for a falafel fest, soi though i might make some 'dessert'

edit: this here be the recipe:

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sho...butter+cookies

amanda

Jennie

Thumbs up Re: Today i'm thinking of making....

Hi Amanda! wow, sounds lush, and I will check out that other link for the falafel recipe on here too, thanks so much! I love coking, and this here vegan has the sweetest tooth in europe lol! I have only had falafel once, savoury style, and I thought it was absolutely gross, so I'd be interested to see what else can be done with it! Adventure is the name of the game! I'm a full-time mum, with two teens at home, and aanother who lives independantly. I'm the only vegan . . .(sad smile) and trying desperately to remove all traces of animal/dairy products from my family's cupboards, fridges and freezers, but teens are so stubborn aren't they? my 17-year-old, who lives away from home, iis convinced that vegans eat "mushroom earth shit", excuse me, that we're all freeks, and won't even try anything that's got vegan on the lable, so I hafta bake him things to try. It's all in the mind! I have sight problems, so reading from recipe books is a problem for me, but I can cook, I have scales that talk, and all the other gismos and gadgets that every other kitchen has. I'm hoping to find some really lush recipes on this forum, and I'm determined to turn at least the two kids who still live at home vegan within 6 months! Thanks again Amanda, w/b soon. By the way, tomorrow I am baking vegan style chocolate cup cakes, will let you know how they turn out! lol! Much love, Jen.
    Life is what you MAKE IT: be glad for what you have, and can do, don't worry about what you don't have, and aren't able to do.

sugarmouse

Default Re: Today i'm thinking of making....

I am going to have a go, at makin Parkin
    Anybody's guess is whether I will succeed or not

Jennie

Good luck, SugarMouse! Be sure to w/b and let us know how you got on! Always great to hear about other people's experiences! Much love, Jennie. xx
    Life is what you MAKE IT: be glad for what you have, and can do, don't worry about what you don't have, and aren't able to do.

sugarmouse

Thankyou!
    Fellow jenni here.
    But help!
    My friend wants me go visit her at 4pm.
    i have just finished preparing the Parkin and its 310 pm.
    Can I put it in th oven when I come back?Or must it go in right away
    ?

Jennie

Jenni I don't know lol! Have just tried to get hold of my p.a for advice for you, but she's out! Ouch! vegans to the rescue! I don't know much about parkin, what it's made of, etc. I would've thought, since it's not got meat or anything yucky in t, that unless it's got yeast in it, which will rise if left unattended, it would wait, at least for a while? Hmm, I'm so thick, you're probly laughing at me reading this message because I don't know what parkin is, at mii age lol! Loveyou! Jen. xx

Default Re: Today i'm thinking of making...

what the hell IS parkin???

oooo, it's that northern ginger bread type stuff that you get at bonfire night. i didn't realise that was what it was called.

oooo, maybe i'll make some next week to introduce croatians to british food and guy fawkes

amanda

Jennie

Smile Cheers Amanda! I didn't know what it was either lol!

Hi! thanks Amanda, I didn't know what it was either! Tried to sorta say so earlier, but didn't wanna appear too thick lol! do you mind if I ask, are you from Croatia, or do you just live there? if the former, your english is perfect! I haven't looked at your profile, to see if it says anything . . . thickness shining through...again! Jen. xx

sugarmouse

Default Re: Cheers Amanda! I didn't know what it was either lol!

Sorry folksies!I guess being a Yorkshire lass I have known what it was since I was sucking me thumb !
    I left it till I got back, figured it wouldnt make much difference, if anything might help as would let the mixture settle.
    It is still in the oven now, takes aaaaages so wish me luck on whether it is edible when it does come out!
    If it is, I will share the recipe!

Jennie

Smile I knew the name rang a bell from somewhere in mi distant, ageing memory lol!

Hiya Jenni! I knew the name rang a bell from somewhere! years ago, when I was just a teenager, just outa boarding school, I used to date a guy from Preston, in Lancashire, and I think his mother used to make it! would sorta make sense, similar part of the country lol! Let us know how it turns out! Good luck honey! Jennie. xx

ms vegan - no, i'm a londoner. sadly, my croatian is less-than-perfect!! i'm just here for three months on an internship, but i really like it here. i'd definately stay longer if i could!

amanda

pavotrouge

I'll try my hand at making a proper Sunday English roast dinner for lunch, special request from my Essex friend

I just made a full english breakfast, i know its 2pm but I was hungry..
    I dont get crunchy people?

cobweb

Quote veganbikerboy View Post

my husband has just done the same!

we're making a lentil sheperdly pie..and i'm gonna slart reggae reggae sauce on it and mound the bugger up with a thousand and two different amazing vegetables
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

Thinking of making coleslaw, might leave it till tomorrow though.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

BlackCats

I made homemade coleslaw the other day and it was so nice. I felt like having macaroni "cheese" just now but I probably won't make it until later this week. I think it would be better with grated cheezly or something on top and I don't have any at the moment.

Quote veganbikerboy View Post
    What did you have, VBB? *curious*

Gonna make spaghetti.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.

pavotrouge

Tom Yum soup, instead of baking tons of muffins as I had planned, but I'm out of sugar!

Buddha Belly

Am in thethe middle of making some sage and onion bread and will have a hotpot later to go with it. Just the thing for a windy & wet day.

Quote Buddha Belly View Post
    Am in thethe middle of making some sage and onion bread and will have a hotpot later to go with it. Just the thing for a windy & wet day.
    oooh now sage and onion bread sounds gooooooood - is there a recipe I could steal from you??

Buddha Belly

I was lazy and used a bread mix (sainsbury's 89p) and put finely chopped onion and chopped sage in. Really easy. I apologise if i made sound like i was a grand bread maker. I am, in fact, lazy lazy lazy.

Buddha Belly

Today i am going to cook Thai sweetcorn cakes. These are made from scratch and are lovely, though my girlfriend hates the Kaffir lime in them.

sugarmouse

A wheel for my mouse! I think I Will just resort to buying one tomorrow though.

Quote sugarmouse View Post
    A wheel for my mouse! I think I Will just resort to buying one tomorrow though.
    have you tried scraping the roller things inside, that usually solves problems

cobweb

some cakes

pavotrouge

I've been dreaming of having homemade pizza all day - and now I've finally got everything, made from scratch, from dough to pizza sauce to pesto and seitan sausage!

bread:
    unfortunately already have and it sank

Windfall

green lentil burgers with sunflower seeds and chili and tabasco

om nom nom

I was lazy and used a bread mix (sainsbury's 89p) and put finely chopped onion and chopped sage in. Really easy. I apologise if i made sound like i was a grand bread maker. I am, in fact, lazy lazy lazy.
    Illusions dashed Well thank goodness you said it was a mix as I am also lazy lazy lazy!

another bread attempt!

BlackCats

(Lazy or not, it still sounds totally yum though.)

Not soon but I'm thinking of making vegan pancakes on X-mas morning, I'm hoping to find a foolproof recipe.

Cinnamon and raisin bagels

Lentil Soup
    Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!

Quote BlackCats View Post
    (Lazy or not, it still sounds totally yum though.)

Not soon but I'm thinking of making vegan pancakes on X-mas morning, I'm hoping to find a foolproof recipe.
    what problems are you having with pancakes? the recipe in vegan with a veganance works very well

if you want more 'british style' pancakes, i've had a bit more problem with them, but i find a good hot pan solves most of the problems...

amanda

BlackCats

Quote flying plum View Post
    what problems are you having with pancakes? the recipe in vegan with a veganance works very well
    (I have never actually tried to make vegan pancakes, I just wanted a very easy recipe that even I could follow. My husband likes them with lemon and sugar but I was thinking of having mine with berries and soya cream. I think I will have a test run soon.)

I'm not making anything today....

Well the bagels didn't turn out great but they're edible so that's a bonus and the lentil soup and croutons was delish (if I do say so myself, which I have to as little one hardly ate any and pulled a pained facial expression every time the spoon went near her mouth!!).
    Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!

Pearl

Lasagne and lemon cake

Flapjacks with oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, raisins, coconut and...hmm what else do I have? Oh some walnuts and possibly brazil nuts. I could throw in some peanut butter and a banana or two maybe. Or maybe just some cinnamon. I don't know...I'll just see what kind of a mood I'm in when I make them..