Thread: too much b6

Default too much b6

Because i've had a really bad ear inflammation, i've had an elaborate blood test. The results didn't show anything strange, except that my B6 is way too high. If i remember right it should be somewhere between 75 and 150, and mine is >1000 (it didnt even show the exact amount).
    I've searched the internet, and all i could find was people with a lack of b6, not too much... And it seems to go together with a lack of other B vitamins, but my B12 was perfect according to my doctor (288).

I used to take a really high dosed B-complex supplement daily, my doctor told me i shouldn't take them anymore. Therefore, i bought supplements with only B12. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced or heard of such a thing ever before?

The strange thing is, that in the B-complex pills, the B12 dose is twice as high as the B6. The websites i found (i'm a dutch girl and so far i've only googled dutch sites), told me that B vitamins are water dissolvable, so my body should actually be able to get rid of it if there's too much. Therefore i'm wondering whether there isn't something wrong with my kidneys, like they're unable to process the B6 from my blood. As we're still looking for the cause of my ear pain (the inflammation was 2 months ago, but my ears are still hurting as hell), i wonder if this has something to do with it.

Default Re: too much b6

You're correct. Your body takes the B12 that it doesn't need and excretes it through urine, which is why taking a B12 vitamin can sometimes give you funny colored pee. I am not sure if that applies only for B12 or if it's a full-circle b-vitamin situation.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.

Whenever I drink an energy drink I end up with neon-green pee. I think there is a corolation between that and too many b vitamins. :P
    Ninja hug! You never saw it coming!

^ not to mention that energy drinks are already neon green/yellow. it happens to me too.
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."