Thread: Air Canada

Default Air Canada

Hello all you Canadian Vegans out there - just out of curiosity, how have you people found the staff on Air Canada? I flew with them from Sydney to Honolulu in July, and they were the rudest flight attendants I have ever come across - just wondering if I was just on a flight with bad staff, or if that is generally how the company is???

ive never dealt with them personally but know people who have. im pretty sure that was just a bad staff! ive never heard anything negative about them.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

I flew with them once from Sydney to Vancouver. The staff were okay I suppose. Other than that - I really really DISLIKE Air Canada and if there was ever an alternative airline to use, I would use the alternative. I don't want to give another cent of my money to that airline!

Why Roxy?

PinkFluffyCloud

I hate ALL airlines, especially 'easy-Jet' - anything but easy!

Quote Banana
    Why Roxy?
    Well, we have over 200,000 Air Miles with them, which is enough for 2 return air fares to Australia and back. We tried to book 8 months in advance. Unfortunately for us, they don't have any available seats for air miles travellers, for when we want to travel. We tried to change our travel time, and yes, they had 2 open seats to get us down to Aus, but nothing to bring us home! They wouldn't let us pay with airmiles to go one way, and cash to come home.

So basically, our airmiles are useless. Then they offered us a companion certificate. When one person books a full fare flight, their companion can fly for free on the same flight. Well as it turns out, it was cheaper to pay for 2 airfares through another airline, than it was to pay for one airfare through Air Canada!

Also, the airline almost went bankrupt, and it negotiated wage cuts with their employees, so they didn't go kaput, and so the people could keep their jobs. Next thing you know, they spent millions of dollars signing up Celine Dion of all people to head their new advertising campaign and spent hundreds of thousands on the campaign launch party. Nice to know where they put the money they saved by cutting wages.

So, I protest by not flying with them.

I flew with them a couple of times from Ottawa to Dallas Tx. The staff was alright but their prices are outrageous! Being in normal class I dont really expect the staff to go to much out of their way, so they did ok. However I wouldnt fly with them again because their too expensive.

I remember flying with them last year, and they gave out shortbread cookies during the flight. I looked at the ingredients, and there was BEEF shortening in them.
    It doesn't surprise me that the snacks they give out aren't vegan, but really!Who would use beef in shortbread cookies?

Eww. Mad cow disease waiting to happen.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

I have requested vegan meals with QANTAS and Alaska Airlines. I hope I get them or I will have to go hungry! (or eat my vegan jelly beans).

BTW - has anyone ever ordered vegan meals, only to find that once aboard the flight - they didn't get their vegan meal?

I ordered vegan meals on Air Canada. On the way to Hawaii I got two meals (lunch and dinner). Lunch was lentil dhal, rice and veggies, dinner was chickpea curry, rice and veggies. Snacks were not vegan (cheese, chocolate etc...)Tasted okay BUT, on the way home the meal was breakfast. I got scrambled eggs and everyone else got pancakes. I didn't eat it obviously - I starved. But it makes me wonder if the lentils and chickpeas were actually vegan or if they had butter or ghee in them? My advice is to take a packet of oatmeal and ask for hot water, or a can of beans or something just in case And your jellybeans should serve you well - save me some - ever since you said you had jellybeans I have been DYING for jellybeans! And my boyfriend ate a whole pack in front of me I call Odi a little black jellybean

Oh and the dessert was always fruit salad - it was all mushy melon fruit and a mushy strawberry Everyone else got dodgy cheesecake

LMAO - I hope I don't get the curry farts on the plane if QANTAS serve me curry meals!!

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get the farts But it would have been okay coz I was sitting next to my boyfriend. Hmmm...you better hope you don't get the curry farts

Ahhh well - a healthy vegan fart never hurt anyone If they breathe deep, it won't last long LOL

Roxy you crack me up! LOL

Default Re: Air Canada

I hate airplane foods. If I ever go on a plane again, I'mgoing to take my own food. Last time I was on a plane (on Air Canada, before I was vegan), I was returning home from the middle east. My grandmother packed me some yummy baby cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, plus some pita bread, and a sandwich.

I recently flew QANTAS and they served (suprisingly) quite good vegan meals. I had 2 breakfasts, a lunch and a dinner with them. They only thing is though, that none of the snacks in the snack-bag that they handed out, were vegan. So luckilly I had my own vegan snacks!

what was the food that they served?
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

One breakfast was made up of a tomato/mushroom mini-caserole thing, with baked potato slices and asparagus. Another breakfast was baked mushies, roasted tomato and spinach. Both had wholewheat rolls, vegan marg, juice and soy milk if I wanted coffee.

Lunch was a wholewheat sandwich with lettuce, cucumber and tomato and an apple.

Dinner is a blur lol! But I remember it was good.

The west jet people are quite nice I have found.
    "Its bad karma to fuck with the stoned"- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Comentary (found on criterion collection)

Quote stickydate View Post
    Hello all you Canadian Vegans out there - just out of curiosity, how have you people found the staff on Air Canada? I flew with them from Sydney to Honolulu in July, and they were the rudest flight attendants I have ever come across - just wondering if I was just on a flight with bad staff, or if that is generally how the company is???
    I fly with them all the time, from Hong Kong to Costa Rica, I would say it's a toss up!! I have had out of the ordinary amazing service, and pretty rude too!!....there are an airline still in transition I think