Thread: food not raw

Default Re: food not raw

Thanks for posting that, Zorillo, that's a very useful link.

I was eating oat groats that probably weren't even raw.

Rawvolta

replaying to the post :
    --AGAVE you can find agave nectar that is raw - I am not sure if it is out there in stores yet, but I've seen it people useing at Food Demos at Raw Spirit Festival. Will find out for you! But-yacon syrup is raw(syrup or powder which tastes awesome ) and doesn't spike the blood sugars like agave does ( yes, it does!).By the way-have you wondered why agave is actually ..brown...if in its natural state is clear..? That is a sign of processing.
    --ALMONDS -the only raw almonds out there come from LIVING NUTZ . Period!
    --Brag's Amino or Nama Shoyu. These two, but specially the second one made this not nice fame for raw food movements. We have been using Nama Shoyu as a raw soy sauce to almost everything! The only raw soy sauce, without (!) WHEAT is ORGANIC TAMARI - easy to find in stores.
    --Brazil Nuts - if it says raw, they raw and BRAZIL NUTS are THE ONLY ONE UNDOMESTICATED NUTS OUT THERE! They have a thick shelf and don't have to be steamed, just cracked. This is the only nut that is TOTALLY WILD - there is no substitution for it - 3 nuts =daily selenium intake.
    --CACAO - the only cacao I trust is from the FATHER of Cacao Show - DAVID WOLFE's SUNFOODdotCOM. He has his own raw process to it. Also - YOu are sure, that the skins of cacao are clean of dirt and toxins.
    --CASHEWs - cashews from SUNFOOD are raw, but all the stuff at stores is not. Watch out even if you see the RAW label.
    --Seaweeds - specially Nori might be toasted, so look for RAW label. Sunfood has them - sometimes it is easier to investigate where did they get them from ;-)
    --JUICE - is totally out of the question...Who spends $$$ for caned, stored for weeks at stores juices instead of making the whole fresh, radiant lovely thing by himself?! Even the store's mangosteen or Noni Juices has to be somehow prepared that it would extend the shelf life.
    --MISO - I am raw foodist in love with miso! It has so many goodies, that even if some people are willing to judge me (!) - I will have my miso soup in winter! Full of probiotics! That is my favorite : http://www.southrivermiso.com/ - I have each of its kind in my fridge all year long.
    --OATS - have you noticed that the fame of OATS is rooted in centuries!?
    They are to awesome to be missed! Oats have 40 % of sillica! for bones, skin, hair...vit Bs and if you feel ok with them - they do contain some wheat - blend them ( ASK ME FOR A RECIPE! ). Sometimes we NEED TO INCORPORATE THE GREATEST ITEMS THAT MOTHER EARTH PRODUCES instead of labeling ourselves as a RAW FOODIE. I am guessing your goal is : THE BEST HEALTH EVER. Not THE RAWEST GIRL/BOY EVER.
    --I agree with Tahini - (make your own ) and Pecans ( another popular nuts that is massively produce, so watch out.
    --Wild Rice from Canada ( I can find a source for you ) might be used for cold days - made in a thermos and I know many raw foodists who do : MISO, WILD RICE and OATS and the are the healthiest, most sexy being I have even seen.

Hopefully I helped!
    Share with me what you think!
    To your Success , my Friends!

Rawvolta: "The best health ever. Not the rawest boy/girl ever." is the BEST thing I've read on the internet in ages!

Rawvolta

Thank You, Healthy! You made my day!