Thread: What do you drink?

Default What do you drink?

What beverages do you like to drink?

I drink A LOT of water, but latly I have been craving some other drink with a little taste. I won't drink anything with calories, just diet drinks, and I hate soda. I'm thinking of something cold with few to no calories. I saw a commerical for Snapple Diets and they sound really good! I also drink Ice Tea.

Just trying to get ideas from other people. Thanks!

Default Re: Beverages

i've really gone of coke and other fizzy drinks, because if you eat them with a meal you feel full after 2 mouthfuls. i love pure orange juice or apple juice. i really don't drink a lot, cos i only drink water when i'm really thirsty, which gives me major problems.

Maybe herb (or fruit) tea? I think some, like peppermint tea, would taste nice cold.

I get through a lot of this stuff (hot) in the winter as I don't feel as much like drinking cold water when the weather is cold.

Water with a slice of orange, lemon or lime is nice too. It has a little flavour but doesn't (of course) taste synthetic as commercial drinks often do.

I was considering getting a lemon and cutting up slices to use in my water, never thought of an orange, sounds good, I'll have to try it.

Skajen- Wouldn't it be a good thing to drink fizzy drinks if they fill you up before you eat?

Has anyone heard what Coke(I think its coke) is putting in their new soda. My brother told me he read that coke is making a new drink, its coke with coffee. Sounds gross, but I wouldnt mind trying it.

coca-cola arn't the most ethical of companies out there. As far as I know they also won't say (in order to protect their recipe) whether any of their products are vegan or not. They will say which arn't vegetarian thou, which in the UK includes Fanta. Personally I only buy coke which is made by companies willing to label it as vegan (such as Sainsburys).
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Its horrible that some food companies wont put down if their products are vegan or vegetarian. It makes you wondor what else are they putting in their products that they wont say. Its sick. I wouldnt want to put something gross in my body, so I think all food companies should write down everything thats in their product. Atrificial flavoring? Whats with that! Cant they just write down whats in that, who knows, I'm scared to know lol.

Quote SweetLady66
    Atrificial flavoring? Whats with that! Cant they just write down whats in that, who knows, I'm scared to know lol.
    It's generally done to protect their IP. If they spend lots of money researching the best flavour they don't want other companies copying it. I can see and understand the logic, but would like them to at least have to disclose which are vegan or suitable for other diets.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Interesting. I can understand how they wouldn't want other companies knowing, but yes it would be nice if they just wrote on the can vegan or not.

Tiggerwoo

What about getting a juicer and making your own juices, then you'll have loads of choices of different fruit and veg juices. Not only will they have few calories, you'll also be able to get a bucket load of nutrients from them. Oh and they're a lot more thirst quenching than fizzy drinks too.

Fruit purees and nectars mixed with carbonated water make really good 'soft drinks'. Though I do like those best for the summer. This time of year spice teas taste really good and some of them could be iced it you wanted.

A juicer, havent thought of that, good idea!

I used to drink a lot of diet soda, but I'm trying to never drink it anymore because the fake sweeteners are supposedly pretty bad for you (cause cancer). So I drink a lot of water as well as tea with soymilk in it. And sometimes juice, like apple cider or orange juice especially.

Quote SweetLady66 View Post
    What beverages do you like to drink?

I drink A LOT of water, but latly I have been craving some other drink with a little taste. I won't drink anything with calories, just diet drinks, and I hate soda. I'm thinking of something cold with few to no calories. I saw a commerical for Snapple Diets and they sound really good! I also drink Ice Tea.

Just trying to get ideas from other people. Thanks!
    I am on the same low cal bandwagon. I run a lot though, so I need a little something to keep me going. I work for Snapple and I am currently promoting their new Antioxidant Water and it is actually pretty decent. My favorite flavor is Strawberry Acai (woo-hoo Brazil!!) It is quite tasty but isn't overpowering like some of the other fruit-water drinks. It is slightly caloric though, so I am careful to enjoy in moderation. Like most things in life

what about a fruity self made cool refreshing soydrink?

http://vegananke.blogspot.com/2008/0...n-splashy.html

came up with it today spontanously. and i love fresh fruit mixed with soy....
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

I also used to love diet soda, wanting to avoid the sugar overload, but still loving the taste (I went through like twelve 2 liter bottles a week). I drastically cut down, and for almost a year and a half, have cut them out almost completely (I don't buy them anymore, and only have an odd drink on occasion). I drink lots of water, tea, and soy milk (which I'm learning to make myself too). I also have been enjoying stronger drinks since coming to Poland, where the prices and selection is much better than the US (I've favored some nalewki, vodkas, whiskey and rum).
    Czujesz się wolny i robisz co chcesz. Jesteś piratem!

I'm virtually living on Alpro vanilla soya milk at the moment. Litres per day.

If I'm not binging on that I'll have water or Fentimans soft drinks. Their cola is amazing. (esp with whiskey )

I drink a ton of tea. Hot tea, preferably loose leaf. My favorite at the moment is formosa nut oolong.
    I mostly just drink tea and water, with an occasional diet soda or sometimes juice, mostly orange.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Talking Re: Beverages

Yay Corvus, a fellow Fentimans drinker! I ordered 24 bottles of Fentimans 'Curiosity Cola' from Realfooddirect - http://www.realfooddirect.co.uk/inde...acturers_id=16 and they arrived today! I would say that it's cola for the discerning drinker, plus it's totally vegan. Yes, at £1.50 a bottle, it isn't cheap, but I don't spend money on beer.

I also like San Pellegrino mineral water, So Good Soya milk, and V8 Carrot and Fruit juice.
    How can you eat anything with eyes? ~Will Kellogg