Thread: Easy Simple Vegan Vanilla and Chocolate Cookies

Question Easy Simple Vegan Vanilla and Chocolate Cookies

I have been searching for a simple easy recipe to make vegan vanilla cookies and chocolate cookies and I'm feeling tired just seaching, ugh! I have seen some of the recipes in this forum and they look good, but to be honest, they're not simple enough and they're not plain enough. I have searched in google and on vrg = vegetarian resource group and I still have not found what I'm looking for. I have all-purpose flour, Ener-G egg replacer, vanilla soymilk, organic sugar, sea salt, vegan Earth Balance buttery spread and water, but I don't know the precise specific measurements or amounts I need for each ingredient. I just want to make some simple easy plain vanilla cookies and chocolate cookies, nothing fancy and I don't want to use oat flour, as it tends to be rough on my sensitive stomach. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you.
    From My Healthy Kitchen To Yours
    www.tastyvegankitchen.com

Default Re: Easy Simple Vegan Vanilla and Chocolate Cookies

Have you tried:

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/getreci...e_chip_cookies

?

I'm not sure how you plan to make chocolate cookies with no chocolate or cocoa powder
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

All credit for this recipe goes to my friend Cathy.

This recipe is easy (I can do it!) and simple (only 6 basic ingredients). Its flexible, and despite many experiments on my part, I have yet to make an inedible batch (could be to do with my low standards of quality control though)

4 oz margerine (I use whichever 'Pure' I have in the house)
    4 oz brown sugar
    1 tablespoon maple syrup
    vanilla essence - the recipe I was given didn't give a quantity. I use about a teaspoon, give or take
    6 oz flour (seems to work whether you use plain or SR, white or mixed white and wholemeal - though I haven't tried wholly wholemeal yet, I think that would be a bit too puritan for me!)
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    Plus flavouring of your choice - vegan choc chips or raisins or cherries and/or coconut or other nut. All the above work, but I'm sure the recipe is flexible enough to try other stuff
    2 greased baking trays

Set oven to Gas mark 4. This is the equivalent of 180 degrees of something, I don't know whether Fahrenheit or Centigrade. I suspect Centrigrade

Mix the marg and brown sugar, as though creaming them together for a cake
    Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla essence.
    Sieve the flour in, add the baking powder.
    Add any extras - fruit, vegan choc, nuts
    Mix together (it seems very dry at first, but comes together, usually once I have put my hand in and squidged it a bit).
    Put a blob (no need to flatten) on the baking tray. This recipe make 18 small biscuits or 9 large ones (or I guess anthing in between), but to start with I'd aim for about 18 walnut sized blobs spread out over 2 baking trays.
    Bake for 10 minutes.
    Leave to cool on the tray before moving them anywhere. Very important - the only inflexible bit of the recipe. If you move them sooner, they will disintegrate.

Yum, I want to make some now!

I've just realised you are in the states and all my measurements are completely alien to. I guess you could work out ratios in cups? Not sure if that would work.

v

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    Have you tried:

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/getreci...e_chip_cookies

?

I'm not sure how you plan to make chocolate cookies with no chocolate or cocoa powder
    Thank you for the kind helpful suggestion. I will give it a try and let you know how it turns out and you're right, hehehe, I realized after I posted it that I forgot to mention that part. I do indeed have cocoa powder and I will use it to make chocolate cookies. Thank you for the tip and thank you for the reply. Oh, and sorry I didn't quote the 2nd reply, but yes, I understand about the metric measurements and I'll find a way to figure it out. The Internet is a priceless invaluable tool and I'm sure I'll find the information I need to help me with the recipe. Thanks!

Vegan Hugs and Cheers,
    Veganpixie
    From My Healthy Kitchen To Yours
    www.tastyvegankitchen.com