"Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Default Re: This BNP stuff

You just beat me to it.

puca

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    A taping of the show is also available on YouTube:

[YOUTUBE]_QAvkFS_cgk[/YOUTUBE]

Griffin was so poorly prepped for QT, you could see him shaking.

Quote leedsveg View Post
    Hi vc

I already had that ironic notion about Nick Griffin and the BNP. And yet if we were to copy BNP 'values', wouldn't we be in danger of turning into the BNP?

lv
    And by sitting back and doing nothing we achieve what? Turning the other cheek may be the moral higher ground but the racist thugs that Griffin is leader of wouldn't hesitate to beat up an awful lot of us on this forum. As vegans, aren't we already taking a stance when we refuse to participate in animal explotation, so I see no reason why shouldn't we make a stand against the degrading of other human beings because of skin colour or nationality?

I'm not against free speech, I'm just against hatred.

Quote beanstew View Post
    [youtube]j_EpcW6ucbo[/youtube]

legend
    If I sink to the bottom I can run to the shore.

leedsveg

Quote vegcurry View Post
    And by sitting back and doing nothing we achieve what?
    I'm not against free speech, I'm just against hatred.
    vegcurry

All I've done so far in this thread is to indicate that I believe in free speech and that I don't think we should copy BNP values. Sorry but I don't follow your logic that takes only these views and equates them with 'sitting back and doing nothing'.

Freedom of speech in relation to white supremacist parties is a very complex issue and I first came to appreciate this when I was opposing the rights of the American Nazi party to march through Skokie, Illinois in 1978. (Skokie is a suburb of Chicago with a large Jewish/Holocaust survivor population.)

I too am against hatred because I see it as a very self-destructive emotion.

(I'm now leaving this thread because I have a feeling that if I stay on, I'll find myself going round in circles and becoming frustrated.)

Good wishes to all

lv

Griffin attacked by own party of QT performance. See Guardian.

Barnes complained on his personal website that Griffin "should have stood up to these whining, middle-class hypocrites that use the race card for self-enrichment and thrown the truth right back into their fat, sanctimonious, hypocritical, self-serving faces". He accused his party's leader of "failing to press the attack" on the "ethnic middle class" for "taking up the best jobs while still playing the bogus race card for every opportunity". And in a move that is likely to reinforce concerns that Griffin's appearance will spark violence, Barnes used his personal website to suggest that "perhaps there needs to be a few 'white riots' around the country a la the Brixton riots of the 1980s before the idiot white liberal middle class and their ethnic middle-class fellow travellers wake up".
    Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion". The "X" makes it sound cool.

Heh heh.

"anti-democratic activities of Unite Against Fascism"
    from here.

The comments are unreal at times. This species has a long way to go.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/8330102.stm

slightly different topic, but I'm guessing a BNP voter. I was going to put an angry smiley here, but actually it just makes me really, really sad.

leedsveg

Quote Blue moon View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/8330102.stm

slightly different topic, but I'm guessing a BNP voter. I was going to put an angry smiley here, but actually it just makes me really, really sad.
    Hi Blue moon

You have to feel sorry for the baby. What chance has s/he got in life with an ignorant mother like that? And to think that a blood donation of mine may have gone to her (the mother).

lv

(forgot I've left this thread!)
    Last edited by leedsveg; Oct 30th, 2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: addition