Thread: Cow Inhalor

Default Cow Inhalor

Ok,

So i have just got my inhalor from the chemist ready for when i join the gym and fook me, it has LACTOSE in it!!!
    Why in gods name would an inhalor have lactose in it?

Looks like i'll have to put up witht he panting and wheezing!
    'he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Default Re: Cow Inhalor

That's annoying, Cherry. However if you need the inhaler I personally would go ahead and use it as sick vegans are no use to anyone.

At the same time you could make enquiries as to whether there's a vegan alternative. You could try asking the Vegan Society for advice - I was reading in their latest magazine that they had a meeting about vegans and medicine recently.

that's a shame Cherry Chops but unfortunately a lot of medications have lactose in them, i wonder if the pharmaceutical industry have some sort of deal with the dairy industry

i agree with harpy that you might be able to find an alternative but if you really need your inhaler don't go without it and make yourself ill.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

oh my god I never thought to look at my inhalers!

What medication is it? and the manufacturer?

That's weird - does it affect lactose intolerant people adversely, for an inhaler to have lactose in it? If so, then they should have alternatives...if not then you may be out of luck, and even so they may be resistant to giving you an alternative when it's not considered a medical necessity.

Quote Gorilla View Post
    that's a shame Cherry Chops but unfortunately a lot of medications have lactose in them, i wonder if the pharmaceutical industry have some sort of deal with the dairy industry

i agree with harpy that you might be able to find an alternative but if you really need your inhaler don't go without it and make yourself ill.
    How do you find out if a medication has lactose in it? because I think I have some kind of dairy sensitivity (either a dairy allergy or lactose intolerance or something), which doesn't give me much trouble since being vegan, but there are still things that make me wonder if I am ingesting dairy without noticing (I take epilepsy medication). Is there a way to find out, and would it require going to a doctor or could I find out online, by contacting a manufacturor, etc.?

^ Medicines come with ingredients lists here
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

yes, don't medications come with a piece of paper in the box with ingredients, warnings etc. in the US?
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I think it got lost or something.

Ventolin Accuhaler (blister packs) Ing. Salbutamol sulphate, lactose.
    Not many people have this inhalor, but it will be interesting to see if any other inhalors have lactose in them.

Manufacturer is Allen & hanburys

Ive tried other inhalors but im allergic to them!

My man thing uses inhalors and is quite severely lactose intolerant (which is making converting him to veganism really easy ) and doesn't have a reaction. Either they don't contain any lactose or else it is so tiny it doesn't affect him. Next time he gets some, I'll ask to have a look at the ingredients.
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.